Question to multiplayer devs

A random Elk (D)

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello,

As you know, the developers are very busy and I have asked yet another one. Sadly, this Q&A section was not intended to be directed to the developers but people still keep asking. Either way, to give you a little explanation as to why we have not come up with a system like that already, an individual would need to download every skin and those paint jobs always need to be updated in order to support the latest version of the MP.

Especially when using third-party websites and mods, this cannot be taken for granted. Even if the MP was to add this, the requirements would be much higher than to just have 10 drivers. We would require at least 100 people or more because otherwise, we might end up having too many skins which make the file size unnecessarily bigger. On the other hand, a skin is not as big as a car or truck mods, so we will see what the developers think about that and bring in the future.

I have asked mwl4 to reply, we will see whether he finds time for it or not.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Community Manager

Maybe is the simple answer to that.

When it comes to VTCs, full VTC support and systems will likely wait for a little while, until we are closer to a full economy/game system, and decisions about what perks VTCs can get will be made closer to that time.

It's likely to be a few restrictions on getting skins like that though, depending on limitations in server capacity etc.

• Like 1

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Just to specify one thing: When I say full support, I mean on the level of having a TMP economy which is partially based around VTCs etc.

It's likely we'll do things step by step, so you can see parts of a system being done before we start doing the next part, i.e. working on balancing server side job rewards before we start storing peoples earnings in a server side "bank account".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.