Do you follow real traffic rules?

Do you follow real traffic rules?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you obey to traffic lights?

• Yes, even if the road is clear
    • Yes, if traffic from other directions is showing green light.
    • Normally yes, but if I am in a hurry or having a bad day, I don't stop in front of the red light.
    • Normally no, but if the traffic do so, I will follow.
    • No, if the road is clear.
    • I don't care about traffic lights.
  2. 2. What would you do when the STOP sign is ahead of you?

• Stop the car and pull the handbrake.
    • Stop the car and shift to neutral.
    • Stop the car if there is traffic.
    • I don't care about STOP signs.
  3. 3. Which speed limit do you follow?

• Truck speed limit (90km/h)
    • National speed limit (e.g.: UK: 70mph or 113km/h)
    • Personal speed limit (100 ~ 130km/h)
    • In-game speed limit (150km/h)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In one of those who on single lane roads such as the Palermo-Livorno road, the Aberdeen to Edinburgh road, the Dover to Southampton road, the CD where there is one lane for each direction, I keep to 60km/h, regardless if there is traffic behind me or not.  On a German Autobahn where its posted at 80km/h, I will sit if its busy at 80km/h but if its quiet I will sometimes allow the speed to creep up to my trucks maximum speed of 90km/h.  You may have seen me transiting the CD on some occasions, tiptoeing down the CD at 60km/h, which is however the posted speed limit for that road, sometimes with a queue of vehicles behind me. 

however because I am doing the POSTED speed limit, I therefore do not have to give way, and so DON'T I will also slow down in the bends as generally there will probably be some person who wants to wing-it around a line of traffic unable to see what is coming around the bend, I like to be able to stop for those idiots!

I always follow all rules(speed limit,traffic lights,road rule etc).I play this game in accordance with the rules and never play except the rules.If we do not follow the rules, chaos will occur.

3 hours ago, Explore Transport said:

In one of those who on single lane roads such as the Palermo-Livorno road, the Aberdeen to Edinburgh road, the Dover to Southampton road, the CD where there is one lane for each direction, I keep to 60km/h, regardless if there is traffic behind me or not.  On a German Autobahn where its posted at 80km/h, I will sit if its busy at 80km/h but if its quiet I will sometimes allow the speed to creep up to my trucks maximum speed of 90km/h.  You may have seen me transiting the CD on some occasions, tiptoeing down the CD at 60km/h, which is however the posted speed limit for that road, sometimes with a queue of vehicles behind me. 

however because I am doing the POSTED speed limit, I therefore do not have to give way, and so DON'T I will also slow down in the bends as generally there will probably be some person who wants to wing-it around a line of traffic unable to see what is coming around the bend, I like to be able to stop for those idiots!

@Explore Transport - If your driving CD road at 60km/hr I'd personally just see you as a troll.This to me is quite selfish because it is really annoying being stuck behind someone driving slow or even having driving with a heavy haul (44-60Tonnes) on this road. This road is as bad as it is and where the road signs do say 60km/hr you, I and everyone else knows that on EU #2 none of those speed limits apply. Being stuck behind someone going 60 is just seeking disaster at least if everyone is driving fast together like 100+ traffic flows but your almost acting like an iceberg in the way of traffic. If someone is behind you trying to overtake it takes a long time to get speed from 60 to get around you, this increases the risk of a head on collision dramatically and you may feel the person overtaking was the idiot and the instigator of it when realistically you are the problem for slowing the flow of traffic. If you know the risk of this road why drive it slow? Your choosing to drive this road, 9/10 times the GPS wont send you down that road so your taking it upon yourself to drive it and interrupt other users for what? your own gain? 

This isn't a rant! I want to make that clear but I am curious to know why you'd drive CD road at 60km/hr. 

Like I'm purely considering you drive it frequently by saying: 

"I keep to 60km/h, regardless if there is traffic behind me or not"

Not many single lane roads have much traffic so you wouldn't have to stress about driving 60 or not but CD road you physically cant drive 60 due to the traffic, you shouldn't be allowed too, its to high risk road to add more problems to. 

"However because I am doing the POSTED speed limit, I therefore do not have to give way, and so DON'T"

This again just sounds like selfish driving not giving care to other road users, like whether you feel its there fault or not in a real life situation you would have to give way in some scenarios to avoid being hit so if your willing to play "legit" by driving the posted speed limits then why wouldn't you be willing to give way?

Im happy to respond to your response or any other members of the community who question/agree or disagree with what I have said, please don't shy away from saying your piece I'm quite open minded so I wont get offended from any of your comments. 

Regards 

Top Bloke :) 

Kind Regards,

Top Bloke | Scania LTD Director 

60km/h is a little bit slow in my opinion ... But I don't think that should be count as trolling because normally running at 50km/h+ is fine in ETS2MP (That's what I have heard from).

I have been tried to adopt with the speed of others however I really can't turn in speed. I don't want my truck crossed the lane and hit the guy from the opposite direction. :o

However the guy behind me usually don't keep distance from me and they also want to try to overtake me from that corner ... I said fine, just overtake me but your trailer always hit me :(

They don't look at the radar before overtaking. They hope I will brake to leave them space to get in. In fact I did. But they still hit me ...

And the guy at the back will ram into my trailer ... :wacko:

I have flashed my hazard light before emergency brake and I have tried to keep as close as the guy in front of me (i.e. leave more space for the guy at the back to stop in time)

I will try to keep my speed above 100km/h and I don't overtake on C-D road if the truck ahead is faster than 90km/h.

The best time go get from Calais to Duisburg is no accident. But other players don't let me finish C-D road without any damage in EU2 ...

This is really frustrated -_-

If you keep to 60km/h rather than piling on, you don't have to keep stopping because of accidents caused by people overcooking it,

That causes brake ripple which takes ages to clear behind you, secondly by the time you get to the accident site I  front of you, it's cleared and you roll on by.  Result : traffic keeps moving 

also, lets flip the tables here, 

@Top Bloke (AUS) if you are doing the speed limit and I am hare-arsing up behind you doing XX km/h over the speed limit, why should you give way to me its up to me as the speed chaser to get past safely, and therfore signal, move out, pass, signal and move in without causing any problem to your run.  be it on an Autobahn with 3 lanes, or a single lane road.

6 hours ago, Top Bloke (AUS) said:

If your driving CD road at 60km/hr I'd personally just see you as a troll.This to me is quite selfish because it is really annoying being stuck behind someone driving slow or even having driving with a heavy haul (44-60Tonnes) on this road. This road is as bad as it is and where the road signs do say 60km/hr you, I and everyone else knows that on EU #2 none of those speed limits apply. Being stuck behind someone going 60 is just seeking disaster at least if everyone is driving fast together like 100+ traffic flows but your almost acting like an iceberg in the way of traffic. If someone is behind you trying to overtake it takes a long time to get speed from 60 to get around you, this increases the risk of a head on collision dramatically and you may feel the person overtaking was the idiot and the instigator of it when realistically you are the problem for slowing the flow of traffic

You have to be kidding. The C-D road has 3 different speed limits, 50-60-80. 50 is only temporary on some stretches, like the fuel stations. 60 and 80 are around 50% of the road each. Driving at 60 Km/h where that's the limit is not "going too slow". Driving at 100 Km/h on that same place is driving too fast. Period. And those who drive too fast are the only cause of accidents on that road. You see a truck ahead, is it going slow? So slow down and keep behind. All others do the same thing, not one single accident. But nooooo... How dare I ask for people to drive behind others?? Unacceptable!! Some players need to go as fast as possible, or at least faster than the player ahead, it seems. Maybe they feel that they are so "macho" by doing this. And these players are who cause all accidents. Because they will try to overtake when/where there's no room to do it safely and will have to crash into oncoming traffic or ram the player they're overtaking.

And of course, they will claim to be innocent and blame it on the "slow driver" who "forced" them to do a dangerous maneuver.

Just to be clear: It's been months since the last time I drove on that road, but I've been there and know the drill.

16 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

You have to be kidding. The C-D road has 3 different speed limits, 50-60-80. 50 is only temporary on some stretches, like the repair stations. 60 and 80 are around 50% of the road each. Driving at 60 Km/h where that's the limit is not "going too slow". Driving at 100 Km/h on that same place is driving too fast. Period. And those who drive too fast are the only cause of accidents on that road. You see a truck ahead, is it going slow? So slow down and keep behind. All others do the same thing, not one single accident. But nooooo... How dare I ask for people to drive behind others?? Unacceptable!! Some players need to go as fast as possible, or at least faster than the player ahead, it seems. Maybe they feel that they are so "macho" by doing this. And these players are who cause all accidents. Because they will try to overtake when/where there's no room to do it safely and will have to crash into oncoming traffic or ram the player they're overtaking.

And of course, they will claim to be innocent and blame it on the "slow driver" who "forced" them to do a dangerous maneuver.

Just to be clear: It's been months since the last time I drove on that road, but I've been there and know the drill.

They thought I will be impressed if they are driving faster than me. Usually I will see them stopping due to accident with others and I passed (not overtake) him again quietly ...

Some even overtake me on corners with speed. Of course they manipulated their trucks. How embarrassing is that. :D 

"Stay behind me. I am slow but at least you are safe." (Just kidding)

1 hour ago, Miyuki said:

They thought I will be impressed if they are driving faster than me. Usually I will see them stopping due to accident with others and I passed (not overtake) him again quietly ...

Some even overtake me on corners with speed. Of course they manipulated their trucks. How embarrassing is that. :D 

"Stay behind me. I am slow but at least you are safe." (Just kidding)

I bet you got there before they did too.

18 hours ago, Explore Transport said:

If you keep to 60km/h rather than piling on, you don't have to keep stopping because of accidents caused by people overcooking it,

That causes brake ripple which takes ages to clear behind you, secondly by the time you get to the accident site I  front of you, it's cleared and you roll on by.  Result : traffic keeps moving 

also, lets flip the tables here, 

@Top Bloke (AUS) if you are doing the speed limit and I am hare-arsing up behind you doing XX km/h over the speed limit, why should you give way to me its up to me as the speed chaser to get past safely, and therfore signal, move out, pass, signal and move in without causing any problem to your run.  be it on an Autobahn with 3 lanes, or a single lane road.

@Explore Transport 

I can see where you coming from however like I said, you and I may do speed limits, I don't drive faster then 90km/hr however when driving CD road there needs to be an exception because no one is going to slow down just because you want them to. Your interrupting everyone else who is driving by driving that slow. 

Not only that but if I was say driving CD road going either 60 or even my speed of 90 and saw someone trying to overtake me and noticed another truck coming towards us. I know the person overtaking has two chooses.

1) They either drop speed and drop back (99.9% times people are too stupid to do this and as they say 'commit')

2) They drive off the road (too their left) 90% of road users don't do this and its really annoying or they keep driving forward hoping the other person moves or they drive into the side of you. I could show you countless videos of that, the amount of people that risk the ban of ramming instead of just driving off the road and admitting they f'ed up. They cant back down its like their scared to prove they are wrong. 

So to conclude yes I would give way because either way I like to get my jobs there as lower damage as possible and I know that sounds stupid cause i'm driving CD road but don't get me wrong I enjoy the player interaction its the most populated area on the map so you gotta expect all sorts of scenarios. But at the end of the day to answer your question I technically don't and shouldn't have to give way however you gotta understand that majority of people that cant drive and crash are either 8 yr olds or people that are genuinely bad (people that have coloured trailers and make their trailers 1Tonne I find to match this very well :) seriously its so unfair how quick they get speed but thats another topic). Everyone has bad days or a moment where they mess up but you can tell deliberate rams or actions over an accident people seem to forget that and take everything serious, which is where the community sit. The in game community constantly spam Rec Rec Rec, Recording Reported in chat and to be honest no one cares just /pinfo them and get on your way half the time they dont even speak the language you are. Again off topic. But your question of why should you give way to me its up to me as the speed chaser to get past safely? has been answered :) 

Kind Regards,

47 minutes ago, Top Bloke (AUS) said:

@Explore Transport 

I can see where you coming from however like I said, you and I may do speed limits, I don't drive faster then 90km/hr however when driving CD road there needs to be an exception because no one is going to slow down just because you want them to. Your interrupting everyone else who is driving by driving that slow. 

Not only that but if I was say driving CD road going either 60 or even my speed of 90 and saw someone trying to overtake me and noticed another truck coming towards us. I know the person overtaking has two chooses.

1) They either drop speed and drop back (99.9% times people are too stupid to do this and as they say 'commit')

2) They drive off the road (too their left) 90% of road users don't do this and its really annoying or they keep driving forward hoping the other person moves or they drive into the side of you. I could show you countless videos of that, the amount of people that risk the ban of ramming instead of just driving off the road and admitting they f'ed up. They cant back down its like their scared to prove they are wrong. 

So to conclude yes I would give way because either way I like to get my jobs there as lower damage as possible and I know that sounds stupid cause i'm driving CD road but don't get me wrong I enjoy the player interaction its the most populated area on the map so you gotta expect all sorts of scenarios. But at the end of the day to answer your question I technically don't and shouldn't have to give way however you gotta understand that majority of people that cant drive and crash are either 8 yr olds or people that are genuinely bad (people that have coloured trailers and make their trailers 1Tonne I find to match this very well :) seriously its so unfair how quick they get speed but thats another topic). Everyone has bad days or a moment where they mess up but you can tell deliberate rams or actions over an accident people seem to forget that and take everything serious, which is where the community sit. The in game community constantly spam Rec Rec Rec, Recording Reported in chat and to be honest no one cares just /pinfo them and get on your way half the time they dont even speak the language you are. Again off topic. But your question of why should you give way to me its up to me as the speed chaser to get past safely? has been answered :) 

This is why I now play on EU3 ...

3 minutes ago, Miyuki said:

This is why I now play on EU3 ...

Yeah xD that is the smarter option haha 

I dont mind EU#2 with 1000-2000 maybe 3000 if im feeling it but yeah EU#3 normally sits around 50-300 when i play like the other night it was at 1900 or something crazy 

Kind Regards,

16 minutes ago, Top Bloke (AUS) said:

Yeah xD that is the smarter option haha 

I dont mind EU#2 with 1000-2000 maybe 3000 if im feeling it but yeah EU#3 normally sits around 50-300 when i play like the other night it was at 1900 or something crazy 

2000 per server should be the optimal number to me ... at least C-D won't stuck like this ...

1000+ is fine for me to enjoy driving. Yesterday at 14:00 (GMT) we've got 1200 people on EU3.

And I just "promoted" the benefits of EU3 to "hope" more people try to drive on EU3.

33 minutes ago, Miyuki said:

And I just "promoted" the benefits of EU3 to "hope" more people try to drive on EU3.

its a good idea, and would be more ideal to spread the load of players out a bit more evenly however as much as you try and as much as I and others would assist you in promoting EU#3 it would never sink into the minds of some. We all have our reasons for playing specific servers some want more interaction some want a quiet drive. 

Kind Regards,

2 hours ago, Explore Transport said:

If you get banned for a reason such as ramming  you get locked off the scout so you can't use it

What if there not driving a scout?

EU#1 doesn't draw as many people due to the 90km/hr speed cap at least on EU#3 players can drive as fast as they please

Kind Regards,

Who said that EU#1 server's limit is 90 Km/h? That's the limit if you have it set in the Gameplay settings, in the MP settings or if you're doing a WoT job. In EU#1, the limits are 60 Km/h inside city limits and 110 Km/h outside. That's one of the reasons I don't like it, many of the players there just go at 110 Km/h everywhere and they probably believe that they are in "simulation mode" because they are "driving by the speed limits".

3 hours ago, Explore Transport said:

Ideally I'd like eu1 to get busier 

@Miyuki @Top Bloke (AUS) Eu3 does seem to take a different crowd.  I think that may be to the lack of scout cars. 

An idea that crossed my mind

If you get banned for a reason such as ramming  you get locked off the scout so you can't use it

1 hour ago, Top Bloke (AUS) said:

What if there not driving a scout?

EU#1 doesn't draw as many people due to the 90km/hr speed cap at least on EU#3 players can drive as fast as they please

Top Bloke makes a good doubt here. And also the admin can't do much things about restrictions in-game.

I follow all traffic laws, except the speed. For me I love the thrill of driving fast and knowing when to slow down to make a specific turn. I find it to be more skillful, to find that balance between high speed and not flipping your truck. So I hold down my 'W' key and off I go. Unless I am overtaking someone, then I tend to slow down to make sure that I do not hit them, and they tend to think they are safer when another driver is going a little slower. As for other laws, I follow everything else. At stop signs, I fully stop, but not pulling the handbrake, there is no need. As for traffic lights, even if there is only one direction that I can go, I will stop anyway because on EU2, anything can happen, and if they go towards the invincible wall where the map ends on a green, and you go on a red and hit them, it is still you fault as you were the one who pulled out on a red light.

Archived