Do you follow real traffic rules?

Do you follow real traffic rules?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you obey to traffic lights?

• Yes, even if the road is clear
    • Yes, if traffic from other directions is showing green light.
    • Normally yes, but if I am in a hurry or having a bad day, I don't stop in front of the red light.
    • Normally no, but if the traffic do so, I will follow.
    • No, if the road is clear.
    • I don't care about traffic lights.
  2. 2. What would you do when the STOP sign is ahead of you?

• Stop the car and pull the handbrake.
    • Stop the car and shift to neutral.
    • Stop the car if there is traffic.
    • I don't care about STOP signs.
  3. 3. Which speed limit do you follow?

• Truck speed limit (90km/h)
    • National speed limit (e.g.: UK: 70mph or 113km/h)
    • Personal speed limit (100 ~ 130km/h)
    • In-game speed limit (150km/h)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last question brought to my mind something that I've been believing for quite some time. How so many people seem to not understand the "speed limit" concept. Many think that if the server is limited at 110 Km/h (like EU#1), driving at 110 Km/h is "following the speed limits". Some think that since WoT jobs are limited at 90 Km/h, it's OK to drive a WoT job doing 90 Km/h all the way along.

Not me. If the road I'm driving on has a 60 Km/h speed limit, that will be my maximum speed (most of the time, at least). If I'm hauling a "High Power Cargo pack" trailer, my max speed will be 70 Km/h, no matter the road's speed limit. This is the way I like it and I don't care if others feel annoyed when they find my truck doing 60-70 on a narrow road where they don't dare overtaking, it's their problem, not mine. Sometimes, I get rammed by impatient reckless overtakers but still, it's their problem. Shadowplay is my friend!

3 minutes ago, [Solar] D4NNY said:

I try to play as realistic as possible for me it makes the game more enjoyable and could possibly help me in my driving test.

Your driving test for trucks?

I always follow to the traffic lights but the cars behind always horn at me ... :wacko:

And I always saw someone gone through the red light and crash into somebody else (including me).

I reported them but no action was taken ...

1 hour ago, TrademarkGamer said:

It's kind of hard to whitin TMP. A lot of the road signs are just wrong. For example on the CD, why on earth does emerging traffic have priority over traffic that is going at 60kmh

Maybe the signs are wrong... But they are there. The problem is not the signs, it's the people who don't care about them and drive as if they have always the priority.

i follow the national traffic laws (thats 60kmh for trucks on country roads and 80 on the autobahn in germany) and my truck limiter is always enabled so i cant go faster then 90kmh. i only follow traffic lights if there is other directions.. if i can only go one direction is ignore the light.. i always stop on a stop or giveway(yield) sign.. i dont want to get t-boned..

i aware of the trucker lights language, i hope you are too. :)

sysp-73354.png

Well, when i play alone i stop on signals always and give way if needed in multiplayer. If i am on convoy, usually we don't stop on signals.  I drive with speed up to 120-130 in multiplayer. When driving in singleplayer, things are other, i stop on signals, slowing down on junctions where i am without priority, and driving with truck speed limit (90).

rxpl4t-6.png.74d0bdf6b3661495631c6804adc82df2.png

Players around me or not, I always follow traffic rules and speed limits.

Sometimes I run a redlight when I'm alone in a city, but only when I'm in a hurry to turn off my PC.

If I want to drive fast and ignore traffic rules, I have Need For Speed, The Crew or Burnout Paradise for that.

I did played Euro Truck Simulator 2 for 3,082h, always following all the rules and signals.

I would prefer to drive on EU#1:90: all the time but.. EU#2:110:+:50: has more players, 50% "Need for Speed" drivers but 2000 players are "normal" players..

I would prefer Eu#1 with 4200 slots and Eu#2 with 2000..

Have a nice day and remember.. Safety First! ^_^

If there is no traffic, I will usually run a traffic light.
The reason I post here though, is the second question. Why would I apply a parking brake or shift to neutral at a stop sign? Vehicles can be fully stopped while in gear. So I stop, wait for traffic to be clear, then proceed. If the map shows no traffic in the area, I will generally slow down and roll through.
Speed limit? Generally 90-100km/h unless in traffic or in city.

5 hours ago, BadWolf1 said:

If there is no traffic, I will usually run a traffic light.
The reason I post here though, is the second question. Why would I apply a parking brake or shift to neutral at a stop sign? Vehicles can be fully stopped while in gear. So I stop, wait for traffic to be clear, then proceed. If the map shows no traffic in the area, I will generally slow down and roll through.
Speed limit? Generally 90-100km/h unless in traffic or in city.

This is because stop signs are usually require driver to bring it to a full stop no matter the road is clear or not. Some countries may even require driver to pull the hand brake or shift to neutral.

That's what my driving tutor told me. Stop and pull the hand brake or you will fail your driving test ...

Archived