Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New Scania R and S dashboard problem, can I get the old one from the first Scania modded and be ok

McDodge34 [FR QC]

Question

Ok, I don't like the dashboards offered on the new Scania r and s, they are too small and very hard for my eyes to read them properly and have a proper FOV to drive safely, I've never modded any trucks in the game but can I swap only the dashboard of the old Scania into the new ones, is this something allowed by the mod rules, and would it be very hard to do it, any help would be welcome here, I have 0 experience with modding trucks, and if it requires to change the save file format, I won't touch it, I know its encrypted somehow, and want to keep them as they are so I can get achievements from Steam

76561198104067447.png

8 answers to this question

Having a quick scan of the rules, I don't see it being a problem, especially as it is a client side change

§3.1 - Truck modding

Your vehicle must be functional. The truck must have the chassis, cabin, wheels and headlights. Some players might not see some players' headlights and tail lights if they don't own tuning DLCs. It's also permitted to save edit truck specific paint jobs into other trucks (e.g. Premium Racing paint job into another truck).

It is allowed to save edit default engines and transmissions for trucks (e.g. 750Hp Volvo Engine with Scania Gearbox on a DAF truck). It is allowed to mix chassis and cabins of different trucks as long as they don't extend their hitbox significantly. Attempts to mix parts of cars and trucks are not allowed and will result in a kick from the server.

• Adding an excessive amount of items on your truck or placing items where they are not meant to stay is not allowed, any item that is not mentioned in these rules can only be placed where allowed by default by the game.
  • It's not allowed to place more items than allowed by default by the game (beacons, lights, horns or any other item).
  • It's not allowed to place beacons and large horns on bullbars/bumpers/sun visors. Normal beacons are allowed only on the roof and on the roof bars. LED beacons are permitted where allowed by default, while normal LED lights can also be placed on bullbars and roof bars.
  • Small horns and other items not mentioned before are allowed only where permitted by default.
  • Items meant for trucks' interiors cannot be placed outside the truck and vice-versa: as an example, it's not allowed to place beacons inside the cabin or place wheel knobs on bullbars, this is valid for every other item.
  • It's not permitted to place more than one item in one single slot. It is permitted to use at most 3 bars and place them on different slots meant for grills or lower bars. It is also possible to put all bars on the same slots and combine them. Items limit for these bars is what the game allows by default.

Hello,

Old Scania displays The new generation may not be able to adapt Scania. Also, It's may also be a rule violation. Please read the Save - Edit rules again.

Matter §3.1 - Truck modding

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

It's have gone 4 days sincethis topic was created and 4 days from last reply in this topic,

Therefore i will lock and move this to "Inactive Topics

locked and moved to inactive topics :)

Thank you for the help!