Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New Game Mode

Ali.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm VERY excited to see a game mode that incorporates TruckersMP and AI traffic.

When the online servers first came out I played them for hours at a time every single day, but as more area became available to drive in and less players were logging in (due to the MP hype ending) I became rather bored of playing ETS2/ATS online. The reason being that I would drive for sometimes upwards of a real life hour and not see one other person, and obviously no AI, just empty boring highway... There was no kind of visual/sensory stimulation to keep me going and I got bored and mostly just play single-player now - quite often may I add. I've ranted about this exact issue several times and have brought it up in various forum topics asking why I/other don't play online anymore. I figured AI traffic in TruckersMP was a pipe dream and I was always saddened by this.

But seeing this video in my recommended section of Youtube today has me absolutely HYPED. I cannot wait for this game mode in any capacity! Whether it's a LAN where you host privately with friends or an actual dedicated server to spawning in AI traffic (kind of hyped for the latter but figure it's impossible) I am stoked for this development update. It'll add new challenges to the game and IF it is a public server with AI traffic it will make for some frustrating, hilarious and just generally more interesting moments. I feel like this will be amazing for the health of both ETSMP and ATSMP, and we know the ATS servers could use a boost in player count badly. 

That is one question I do have... The video shows this game mode for ETS but no mention of ATS anywhere, I guess we'll see in due time.

Regardless, I am HYPED!

Wow are they finally going to add traffic to at least 1 server? it's only taken years, i've been saying it all along it is much better with traffic than empty roads. I got bored of playing for long periods and haven't been back on it for months, it gets boring driving in MP on empty roads i'll be glad to see the day when it arrives that's if they put it on the server. I'll be happy to play for long periods again if this happened but I guess we'll see if it does or not.

13 hours ago, Dejan said:

2-4 man co op?
Bring it on...thing i have been waiting for long time :D Thank youu Devs i love it

If it is restricted to a low number of people like 2-4 that would be very disappointing and not worth the effort. You may as well just play SP if that was the case as you'd never see any other player mixed into the traffic.

Archived