Sign in to follow this  
Its_Chris_2003

Do cars have forced manual traction now?

Question

So recently, I've been doing some caravan deliveries in my skoda scout. I have automatic traction/gear change in ETS2 settings so I was shocked to see that I had to be changing gear manually. I've also been into the settings and the traction/gear change option is greyed out. Is this a bug or is this part of the game? Because it seems a bit silly as I like to have automatic gear changes as I'm rusty on manual ones and when to change to be effective at accelerating. I did have a short break off TMP so it might've come out then when i wasn't playing. Thanks for any support given

5 answers to this question

Guest CrackPrewier

Hello,

This is a known bug,please wait patienlty for next coming update.

1 hour ago, Its_Chris_2003 said:

So recently, I've been doing some caravan deliveries in my skoda scout. I have automatic traction/gear change in ETS2 settings so I was shocked to see that I had to be changing gear manually. I've also been into the settings and the traction/gear change option is greyed out. Is this a bug or is this part of the game? Because it seems a bit silly as I like to have automatic gear changes as I'm rusty on manual ones and when to change to be effective at accelerating. I did have a short break off TMP so it might've come out then when i wasn't playing. Thanks for any support given

hint: assign a key in your keys to toggle between automatic and manual shift, then use the keys you normally use to go between drive and reverse to flick between rations.  I normally drive auto and noticed the problem. 

however all is not lost as the team who developed the Scout car are aware of the issue and are working on a fix for the bug. 

I dont know why that happend, it happend to me aswell, but it should let the automatic transmission shift for you as long as you let go of the trottle for a second when you hear it needs to shift.