Removing the Translation Team

truckersmp-logo.png

Dear Truckers!

As you all know, we have introduced the Translator rank which was supposed to be a standalone team to help with translations. Reports, appeals, guides and even some feedback tickets were meant to be translated by this team. Unfortunately, the time has shown that this hardly worked out as intended. There were not many things to be translated and we expected the team to be much more utilised.

For Turkish Translators, there was always a lot to do. However, if somebody spoke another language, there were not many translations. The most important guides and topics on the forum are already available in multiple languages, hence why there was no more work to be found either. They pretty much just filed in a gap in case something was needed once or twice a week. In that sense, we recently internally discussed the necessity to keep this team. We concluded that it is redundant - the rest of the team can help translate things and already successfully does so.

Other than this, the Translation Team appears to be not very attractive and I have merely received a few pages of applications. Most of them did not even meet the basic requirements. This is sad to see and often, I noticed that a person had applied for literally every time which was an indication that they just want to get the "Police Car" to say it in that drastic way. That being said, this team will entirely be removed from all services, i.e. the forum, the website as well as Discord. The Translators will no longer be a standalone team. Since the current people possessing this role already have other teams they are part of, they will move to the CMT and Support Team while they remain in any other team (Events, for instance) at the same time. Merely the Translator badge is going to be taken away.

If you are wondering what will happen to me - self-evidently, I am a Community Manager as well which means I will remain in that position and continue with the usual duties I have been doing the past month. Lastly, I really hope that you can understand this. Also, I will remain at your disposition if you have any further questions or inquiries.

The Translator Manager

Hello dear Community,

I also think this step is necessary as Anri already wrote. Atm and in the future every member of TMP is able to create posts with translations and this posts can be approved by moderators, I think. That's enough.

Thank you @Anriandor for your time you spent to TruckersMP and for this information. You really do a very good job! Keep it up :)

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

Hello,

recently, the presence of 3-4 people in the translator team made me feel like it would close this position. yes, it was so. 

anyway, thank you for your efforts for the translation team. 

example/  who will help when you want to translate a text in other languages?

Regards

Hello @Forz0214,

Voluntary people of other teams such as Game Moderators or Supporters will be helping the fellow members to translate things into another language. 

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Community Manager

Hello,

Firstly,Thank you for this right decision but ı'm upset to hear this news.

I hope this decision provide a good development for the TruckersMP team.

• Game Developer

Sorry to hear this since we had that role for a long time and I can still remember Burner in the manager role of this team. And it was not so needed but I had good feeling when we had this translation team ... :RIP:

Anyway, as you wrote, Anriandor, everyone, including you, has been in another team so it is not that big loss for its members. I believe the whole translation team will still have good times as staff. ^_^

• Like 1

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer

12 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

I think it would be better to just have a CST " Community Support Team " that simply merges Support, Forum Mod & Social Media as one...Basically like real life where you have PCSO's

Can see where you're coming from, but not necessarily beneficial. Community Moderators and Support deal with different things; the roles, albeit community based, are responsible for different tasks. Community Moderators focus on moderation of our services, so forums, social media, discord etc.. whereas Support deal with supporting people and helping with issues in addition to the ticket system. It's better, and most likely easier to manage the support and moderation teams separately. Just my opinion, but I can't see much benefit from combining two quite different roles.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

• 1 month later...

In recent times, the presence of 3-4 people on the translator's team made me feel like I was going to close this position. yes it was.

Anyway, thank you for your efforts for the translation team.

who will help you when you want to translate text in example / other languages?