Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

ETS2 Truck Idle

[OBL] D1 KIWI

Question

Hi, my truck has recently starting holding about 1000 rpm, I am sure it did not do this before but now I cannot maintain a constant speed, it is only slightly but it is constantly accelerating and its now starting to affect the ability to have a safe journey. As soon as I start my truck and put it in gear it starts rolling, if I do not hold the brake constantly or put it in Neutral then I will roll away and start picking up speed. I was just wondering if there was a button or setting I touched by accident and need to revert it back as I cannot seem to figure out what I did or what has happened. I tried to divert around it and set cruise control on to maintain it but it still accelerates, its almost like its picking up another function slightly and connecting it to my throttle but I have check all my buttons and have no other button linked to throttle. I have also checked to make sure the button worked fine and is not my button. I restarted the game, my computer and even made a new profile on the game to see if it was linked with that profile and confirm I did press something I shouldn't have but it happens on my other profile as well so now I am back to square one with no idea. 

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Thanks. 

* It does not do this on ATS, it only happens on ETS2 * 

8 answers to this question

Hello,

Have you tried to reset Controls before?

If the answer is no, do you try to reset the control settings for Euro Truck Simulator 2?

Delete ~/.local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles/<digits>/controls.sii file, run game and configure your controls again.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Try and go to your profile: d5afdd7ac8f1c215a46cc02763f71f96.png.c845adb3bcf8a5900a24c8019c629bf7.png and deletete "controls" and "config". This will reset all your main settings. I know it is difficult to redo your settings, but this seems the only way to me. 

If this doesn't work try and reinstall your game directly from steam. 

Hope it helps!

Guest Cowie

Hey, just tap W again. You most likely had to use the W key in chat or in the steam menu so it bugged out. Let us know if you still have the issue.

-ccowie

On 2018-06-14 at 12:25 PM, AdaBey said:

Hello,

Have you tried to reset Controls before?

If the answer is no, do you try to reset the control settings for Euro Truck Simulator 2?

Delete ~/.local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles/<digits>/controls.sii file, run game and configure your controls again.

Best regards.

Hello,

Sorry, I am a little confused, it does this on any profile I have in ETS2, no matter which profile I load or it still auto accelerates, changing the controls on the specific profile wont make it change on my other one, that's what I am getting at, I don't understand how it has linked the throttle slightly as I thought changing profiles would stop it.
It only happens on ETS2, if I log into ATS it is fine, starts normal and drives normal. Its only when I load ETS2 and start the truck that is starts rolling away, as far as im aware it has nothing to do with the linked said profile, for me its a game setting or issue, I am just unsure of which one 

It's have gone 4 days since this topic was created by owner and 3 days from last reply,

Therefore i lock and move this topic to Inactive topics due 3 days of inactivity.

Locked and moved to inactive topics //