Are changes necessary? what do you think needs changing in the TruckersMP?

Manu_Bela

From time to time the changes happen. Sometimes of course and some not so much ... Thinking about this - changes - what do you think needs changing in the TruckersMP?
Leave your opinion, maybe they happen !!! 

something big happens ... something small as well. Every day the changes happen.

For TruckersMP, changes are necessary?

What needs to change?

Your opinion is very important for this to happen.

Get Involved!

Best Regards

Mineiro Uai

An overtwatch system for experienced TMP players (like myself - 3.5 years on here) to help process web reports would be cool and has been confirmed by Scar.

I would also like to see some sort of driving test, not to play TMP but to "verify" that someone can drive (something run by TMP themselves) - this would allow people to go on private servers (often, large convoy's on servers are ruined by people that can't drive!) and is another step of verification for VTC's when recruiting.

Except for that, more expansion, more staff and perhaps link new players to the forums to sign up (to get more forum activity)?

Hello,

TruckersMP Every day to players adds something new. This Game, Community, Platform will continue to grow and develop every second. That in this direction, we hope to reach even better places together. I am always proud of being a part of this community, I sincerely hope that it develops every passing time.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

9 minutes ago, KGT I Rootyyy I Driver said:

I would also like to see some sort of driving test, not to play TMP but to "verify" that someone can drive (something run by TMP themselves) - this would allow people to go on private servers (often, large convoy's on servers are ruined by people that can't drive!) and is another step of verification for VTC's when recruiting.

How do you suppose TMP regulate or moderate this? Do you mean that every member should have to go through a driving test with a TMP staff member or something? :wacko:

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

^

I'm glad you see my point, yes it would be amazing if we could do this, however, there are too many implications that would cause concern and uproar if this was to ever happen. The other issue you have is there is already a 2 million person queue for driving tests :troll:

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

A while ago, a new team was created (Add-On Team). In this way, this is a new change that has come.:truestory:
I'm satisfied as it is. Recently there have been some changes such as: speed limit of 150km / h; increase of server players europe # 2;:rolleyes:
It can be said that the community gradually develops and grows and so goes on following new steps that involve several interesting things.:D

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

TL;DR
TruckersMP is good. In my opinion to make it more realistic it just needs minor changes about how the bans are being issued.
As I explained below; some situations are punished unfairly.

I will give few examples where admin could ban wrong person:
- Reversing and maneuvering to get out of parking spot on crowded gas stations. (A troll player can easily go behind a reversing truck and block him, and spam his horn while typing on chat rec 511 :D )

- Speeding while being overtaken (prohibited in real life) (I doubt if an admin would actually ban the guy speeding on right lane but they would ban the overtaker for sure)

- Making convoy but leaving no gap to be overtaken by traffic (prohibited in real life) (and again I doubt if an admin would ban the guy being overtaken for tailgating his convoy buddy but most probably overtaker will get banned which is not realistic at all)

- You have to change your lane because 500 meters later you need to take the exit. You check your mirror and it is fine. You are in middle of 2 lanes and guy comes and rams you from back because he was doing 150km/h and blames you :)

- You are getting out of gas station, you check your mirror road is clear and guy comes and rams you with 100km/h :)

- You are on T junction. You have to give way. You look left clear, you look right clear, you move and you got rammed by speeder :)

And in real life 1 vehicle can be found 100% guilty while the other vehicle has no guilt, that's alright but in most accidents officers find both vehicles guilty with different proportions of fault being shared.

If you come up with a situation where both drivers are equally guilty then either ban both or don't ban at all :)
But in most cases in truckersMP there is always 1 guy who is guilty while the rest are 100% innocent. Which makes it unrealistic.

Considering truckersMP is run by volunteers, for most players ets 2 is just a game not a simulation game. Expecting such high level of realism would be too much.
Admins are chosen from the community, they don't fall from sky. You won't have an admin who is veteran driver in real life, because he has kids, job and no time for game.
To sum up, TruckersMP is fairly decent. My expectations are high :)

I would change the penalties. There are certain situations where there is no intention or no damage to the driver or the vehicle. In these cases, I would only give one warning and in the case of recidivism, I would punish with a ban.

4 hours ago, iHobbit said:

How do you suppose TMP regulate or moderate this? Do you mean that every member should have to go through a driving test with a TMP staff member or something? :wacko:

It's a good question! I would like a answer.

4 hours ago, O?uz C. said:

TL;DR
TruckersMP is good. In my opinion to make it more realistic it just needs minor changes about how the bans are being issued.

- Reversing and maneuvering to get out of parking spot on crowded gas stations. (A troll player can easily go behind a reversing truck and block him, and spam his horn while typing on chat rec 511 :D )

- Speeding while being overtaken (prohibited in real life) (I doubt if an admin would actually ban the guy speeding on right lane but they would ban the overtaker for sure)

- Making convoy but leaving no gap to be overtaken by traffic (prohibited in real life) (and again I doubt if an admin would ban the guy being overtaken for tailgating his convoy buddy but most probably overtaker will get banned which is not realistic at all)

- You have to change your lane because 500 meters later you need to take the exit. You check your mirror and it is fine. You are in middle of 2 lanes and guy comes and rams you from back because he was doing 150km/h and blames you :)

- You are getting out of gas station, you check your mirror road is clear and guy comes and rams you with 100km/h :)

- You are on T junction. You have to give way. You look left clear, you look right clear, you move and you got rammed by speeder :)

And in real life 1 vehicle can be found 100% guilty while the other vehicle has no guilt, that's alright but in most accidents officers find both vehicles guilty with different proportions of fault being shared.

If you come up with a situation where both drivers are equally guilty then either ban both or don't ban at all :)
But in most cases in truckersMP there is always 1 guy who is guilty while the rest are 100% innocent. Which makes it unrealistic.

Considering truckersMP is run by volunteers, for most players ets 2 is just a game not a simulation game. Expecting such high level of realism would be too much.
Admins are chosen from the community, they don't fall from sky. You won't have an admin who is veteran driver in real life, because he has kids, job and no time for game.

I agree. Very high expectations. :)

I would like to see more contributions from the community itself. As far as I know the people that are playing the game on a daily basis know the game the best. They know the game inside out. I understand that the MP staff knows the game but they do not have time to play the game itself as much as the members of the community.

2 hours ago, CoCo_FTW said:

I would like to see more contributions from the community itself. As far as I know the people that are playing the game on a daily basis know the game the best. They know the game inside out. I understand that the MP staff knows the game but they do not have time to play the game itself as much as the members of the community.

Nice!

I think this FORUM is the open channel between the team / players to put forward ideas and doubts

21 hours ago, O?uz C. said:

TL;DR

we have the same idea. managers should think versatile while ban the player. :)

Thank you for the meaningful sentences.

1 hour ago, Mineiro Uai said:

Nice!

I think this FORUM is the open channel between the team / players to put forward ideas and doubts

Yes, absolutely!

It is great that there is a suggestion forum and discussion forum. The staff can really see what the players are thinking and wanting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived