What do you think about the car drivers on C-D?

Knusperschnitzel

32 minutes ago, Ghost2501 said:

if MP would allow this as a mod, (ie a .scs file) as I do not feel comfortable messing around with the game code, it would be great as a mod.  perhaps TMP staff can re-work the brakes of the Skoda so it stops when you press the brakes.

Just increase the braking intensity in the game options to max.  The skoda can stop perfectly fine.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely think on C-D road with Cars Is it sometimes bad enought ;) They occur Trollers,Rammers and next.Maybe would be better for players on C-D road prohibit Scouts .. That is my opinion.

Kind Regards

Redwolf

On 10.6.2018 at 11:09 PM, Knusperschnitzel said:

What do you think about the car drivers on C-D?

The problem is not the cars. The drivers are the problem. Most of them do not know how to drive them, causing an unnecessary crash and ending in the ditch. I think there are enough GM that can prevent the racers, to drive on the road again.

6 minutes ago, Explore Transport said:

well they've added a speed limit code in the cities, why not do the same on the C-D road where then the limit is at 60km/h on EU2 and EU3?

Drivers have to know when, how and on which server they drive. Each server has its own property. No collision, speed limit 90 etc.

Just now, Abrams124 said:

As with truck drivers,some are good,some are not,it doesn't matter what they drive in opinion,its how they drive that matters.

No. I don't agree with you. That is not true. It's about the way of playing, not driving in the real world.

5 minutes ago, Abrams124 said:

I don't necessarily meant real life driving,by driving i said how they play the game.But now that you mentioned it,i think people who drive in real life,and at least a bit more responsibly dont drive that reckless and dangerous than players who haven't actually researched what driving in real life is like.

Of course, the players drive differently in real life. In the game, the whole thing is a bit different, the players would all have to do some kind of "driving test". The penalties in TruckersMP should be higher or more intense. The players should not allow themselves so much and stick more to the rules.

1 hour ago, Abrams124 said:

I don't necessarily meant real life driving,by driving i said how they play the game.But now that you mentioned it,i think people who drive in real life,and at least a bit more responsibly dont drive that reckless and dangerous than players who haven't actually researched what driving in real life is like.

you have a point there.  Im betting a lot of the flyby rocketeers are under the legal driving age and use keyboards.  I as a van driver and 7.5t driver in real life try to keep to the rules of the road, be I in a scout OR a Scania. ok I may wind my speed up to 90km/h on a quiet german autobahn with no one around me, and I will admit to giving some of these folk who like to drive like they're playing Forza a hard time.  (sorry if i broke any rules doing so), but I treat ETS2MP just like I treat the roads.

On 12.6.2018 at 12:22 AM, Positivetrucking168 said:

Well, most of the car drivers on C-D kind of behave similarily to the car drivers that are roaming elsewhere around the ETS2 map, there is a higher proportion of troll car drivers on C-D yes, but they are not very significant to report on based on my rides down on C-D road. Troll car drivers elsewhere on the map show the same or similar patterns of trolling as the car trolls on C-D road. So, as said by many others, it's partly the driver of the car but also how the car works in terms of the braking and steering model. 

Most car drivers using the TruckersMP road network behave normally and get to enjoy the wonders of a TruckersMP add-on to its full potential, this includes the C-D drivers (for now) as they are not necessarily adding useless traffic all the time. And yes, even the game moderators get to drive around in all sorts of cars every now and again when they get tired of doing the normal flying around the map banning the reckless drivers thing, and want to do something different in the meantime, so car driving on C-D is generally approved by the community, even if it's not liked by some. 

I totally agree, the thing is, it's good to drive around as a GM. This illustrates their presence much better and it also has a role model at the same time.

Just now, SharpVTC-TruckerGR-Driver said:

Most peole behind the wheel of scouts are kids who want to have fun and not be realistic cause kids have a mind of their own. They are just like women. You can understand them.

I do not agree, that is a prejudice of the bottom drawer. Even children can follow the rules and drive considerately. The prejudice that women could not drive is also wrong. Of course, there are drivers who can not keep to the rules. However, most drivers follow the rules. Accusing the driver all the time is not right either. There are not only cars but also trucks in the game. Truck drivers can also drive recklessly and do not follow the rules.

My opinion most of the players who driving the skoda car are kids or they similar this game for the racing game.There are players on driving the skoda car in accordance with the rules.Most of them are already admin or experienced/veteran driver.

The skoda car is usually preferred by troll players on the D-C roads because car is smaller and quick speed.So,it's easier to disturb other players.

3 hours ago, CrackPrewier said:

My opinion most of the players who driving the skoda car are kids or they similar this game for the racing game.There are players on driving the skoda car in accordance with the rules.Most of them are already admin or experienced/veteran driver.

The skoda car is usually preferred by troll players on the D-C roads because car is smaller and quick speed.So,it's easier to disturb other players.

the Scout has a reputation of being a Troll-wagen, it can be driven carefully however what I noticed here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36G219pp9ik

was that truckers gave me a WIDE berth particularly on the autoroute, a blue dot doing the speed limit, NOPE a troll-wagen doing the speed limit, It must have come as a surprise!

3 minutes ago, Explore Transport said:

this is how I think the Scout should be driven

Thanks for tutorial video but ı know this and ı don't like driving skoda car :) 

I am a Skoda driver, and I usually pick up quite a bit of speed, but stay within the limit,  not like the video there, also, change gear more often. You don't need to slow down to 3km/h at every corner if your car has the grip. Drive at the speed limit, not (much) slower, not faster. On the German Autobahn, I drive at 150km/h, this is because it is safe to do so on roads that can accommodate 150km/h. Another important thing to do is to keep your driving smooth, the video shows the Skoda taking such strange lines (i.e exiting the corners on the inside rather than the outside.) Keeping smooth lines increases safety and performance.

Archived