Offensive Tag / Inappropriate Chat?

BarryGB

Question

Hello everyone.

I am writing to ask if it is worth reporting for a tag that offends me and possibly many other people.

A player from Argentina set his tag to 'Malvinas' -which means Falklands in Spanish.

Also, in chat, he was putting "Islas Malvinas Argentinas" - Stating that the Falkland Islands belong to Argentina (which is not true, at all).

As well as every other British citizen, this causes me offence especially as my father fought in the Falklands conflict in 1982 to liberate the island from Argentina.

Since this is attempting to cause arguments by referring to political tensions, is it a bannable offence?

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

8 answers to this question

It's a fine line. Under Rule:

§1.5 - Inappropriate use of language, communication and impersonation of any kind

Using insults of any sort to put another user down. This can include but isn't limited to racism, discrimination and or discussing/expressing (extreme) political, illegal or inappropriate situations/views.

Create a report, provide evidence and let the GM deal with it. Explain the same as above as wait for the outcome. 

Good Luck

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

If you feel like it is offensive to you and other people, feel free to take a screenshot and report them via the online report system!

https://truckersmp.com/reports 

Take a look at these!

Kind regards,

Ali.

TruckersMP Senior Support Manager

TruckersMP Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

remember we were staring up to those peaks on the horizon +x

Hello,

Yes, It's forbidden.

§1.5 - Inappropriate use of language, communication and impersonation of any kind

Using insults of any sort to put another user down. This can include but isn't limited to racism, discrimination and or discussing/expressing (extreme) political, illegal or inappropriate situations/views.

Kind regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Hello,

As my colleague @DJ Jefferz already said and quoted; it is bannable to have an offensive player tag and or name. You can always report it if you have enough evidence (player tag + /pinfo XXXX).

I hope with all the answers given, that your question is now answered, @BarryGB, if so, please mark the best answer or let us know.

Greetings,

FrostyGamer

Hi, 

I believe that as long as this offends you this should be reported. I understand the situation that you have been and you do not want to look like a "snitch", but at the end of the day it is your right to report something that you have been offended by. As the guys above me said there is a rule for such an offence: 

Hope it helps!