Download can be found here!

Screenshots:

First time setup:

mUKlRvo.png

The launcher itself:

VwCOMo5.png

The settings menu:

GmCiaLR.png

This is probably the last update for the next.. 12 hours... Now its finally my turn to get some of that ETS2MP action :)

Great job :) It's really getting better with every update!

Small suggestion: add the option to add for example -nointro for launching the game :)

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

The MP has a launcher, I dont really see why it needs another 3rd party one IMO

As far as i have seen, it does not. If you are talking about the login screen you get when you start the game. I would'nt call that a launcher. More a part of the game.

I know it once had a launcher, but that quickly changed with the update to the new login system.

Don't want to argue, i am just curious as to what you consider a launcher. since i havent seen one yet.

no no thats, fine, i'll rephrase it, 

Why do we need what you have coded, when we already have a log-in system streamlined into the lauch of the game? surely by adding a launcher of sorts, its just adding more steps before the game loads up? Yes it auto boots steam and has a small variety of other features, I however, can't see a use for it. I do have ETS2MP in my steam library so either way i need steam running first, so that might be why I can't see a use for this.

Stobart Trucking HR/PR Manager

signature.png

no no thats, fine, i'll rephrase it, 

Why do we need what you have coded, when we already have a log-in system streamlined into the lauch of the game? surely by adding a launcher of sorts, its just adding more steps before the game loads up? Yes it auto boots steam and has a small variety of other features, I however, can't see a use for it. I do have ETS2MP in my steam library so either way i need steam running first, so that might be why I can't see a use for this.

Mmm, thanks for clearing it up.

Yeah, i understand that, and its fine. I understand that most pepole wont find a use for it.

But the main reason i am coding this is the simple fact that i just wanted. I am mostly doing

this project out of fun. And the fact that i am to lazy to put steam to auto boot, or add ets2mp to its library and put a shortcut on my desktop.

So yeah. When i started this project i knew that most people wont find a use for it. And i am perfectly fine with it, and i respect your opinion.

But as far as i go for using this launcher, i just like the before game window, showing me some quick stats before entering the game, some grapichs and such. I usually skip thru the login screen as fast as i can and get into the game as quick as i can.

So. I had this idea.

A stats system.

Basicly a way the launcher would log your playtime, distance drived etc.

I thought of a few ways to do this.

1. You can only view the stats from inside the launcher. No scoreboard or server syncing.
2. You can view the stats from inside the launcher and online, scoreboards and such.

Now, i know that we all have accounts for ets2mp, and as i cant link it to them, and just to save you the hassle from logging in with steam, each launcher would be given an ID. This ID would be yours and unique. So at the first time setup you would link a username with it (that can be changed from settings) It would basicly be an account system with the launcher as the login. You could also decide if you want your stats to be uploaded & public or not.

Click here to vote.
Feel free to post your thoughts on this.

Also, i am norwegian, so if you dont understand what i type, dont hesitate to ask.

It's a crazy idea, i know :)

• 3 weeks later...

Little update:

Due to an error with windows updating itself. I kinda lost all of my files, so at the moment I working on restoring them.

Now. Back to my previous post.
I'd like to thank those who have voted so far, but i do need more votes to get a good result. And, if you have another feature you would like to see in such a project. Please let me know :)

Sincerely,
Thomas A.Karlsen
~TheUnknownKiller

"Bumpish"

Alright! Tiny bit of update!

I've been sick the last few days and been dealing with some real life stuff, so havent gotten to work on the launcher.

But, what I am doing right now is accepting a fork from kharenis that will add Profile config file editing (ability to reset the economy on startup etc) & ETS2MP Radio intergration! So thanks to kharenis for forking the launcher and adding it! :D
I am also working on moving over to Gama's design suggestion/idea. And once I get the required assets I get working on that aswell. 

As for my crazy idea i posted in a few posts up, I am stopping the voting at the end of this month (March) so if you want to vote, I recommend you to do it now.

Click here to vote.

Oh. And how many of you guys are using this launcher? I don't really have a way at the moment to check it other than the download count over at github.

Sincerly,
Thomas A.Karlsen

• 3 weeks later...

So. Being the great person i am. I managed to completetly shatter my computers harddrive. Luckly i kept the launchers files on a external one. But anyways. Its going to take a few days until i get a replacement & get setup again. But! When im back up and running i will be updating the UI, adding auto updating to the launcher itself and some cool features by kharenis.

I must give you congrats on making MSE actually do something for once because when I opened it MSE detected "Backdoor:Win32/Fynloski.A"

EDIT: further review found that it was a completely unrelated file, carry on

https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/4b709a4a359a9bce8a7edb48be93ec56314836e740b1ea84b73410ce368530bb/analysis/1428855881/

I must give you congrats on making MSE actually do something for once because when I opened it MSE detected "Backdoor:Win32/Fynloski.A"

EDIT: further review found that it was a completely unrelated file, carry on

https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/4b709a4a359a9bce8a7edb48be93ec56314836e740b1ea84b73410ce368530bb/analysis/1428855881/

Hehe. There is one thing i would never do with any of the software I code, and that is adding backdoors, malware, etc.

I've had my fair bit of those, and I do get really annoyed about it.

Also. MSE doing something? Thats a first. xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • Matt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived