Unofficial ETS2MP Launcher

TheUnknownNO

Unofficial ETS2MP Launcher

Made by TheUnknownKiller

Are you tired of launching steam before ets2mp? (If you dont autostart steam with windows)
Or do you just want a prettier server status before entering the game?
Well then the unoffical ets2mp launcher is the thing for you!

This Launcher is a windows program developed in C# and features a "small" range of features.

● Launch steam before ets2mp

● View server status in a pretty way before launching game

There are features that are planned / i want to do!

● Auto updating of the launcher

● News feed / featured box being live

● Auto updating of the game (or some kind of mod manager, not sure)

● Edit ETS2MP settings & ETS2 settings

If you have a suggestion for features, feel free to post them!

Download links:

Latest Release

ALPHA 0.04

Older Releases:

ALPHA 0.03

ALPHA 0.02

ALPHA 0.01

You can find the source code here!

Screenshots:

First time setup

mUKlRvo.png

Launcher itself

VwCOMo5.png

Settings menu

GmCiaLR.png

Edit log:

24.02.15 - 23:55: Update download links to alpha 0.04.

24.02.15 - 14:40: Added link to source code.

23.02.15 - 23:30: Post has been completely redone.
22.02.15: Update of screenshots.

15.02.15: First post.

Ummm, next to the winter mod only other mods that are supported have to be done in SP to work in MP and can not be enabled...

Auto update wont work either... everyone has to download their own encrypted version of the game and go threw the install process (or so they claim)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I don't miss it, what i miss is a smoother mod which perhaps would bring them to Beta?

Since they are just few developers who also got school, starting new projects wouldn't be a good idea at the moment.

Maybe in the future that's just my opinion though.

Ummm, next to the winter mod only other mods that are supported have to be done in SP to work in MP and can not be enabled...

Auto update wont work either... everyone has to download their own encrypted version of the game and go threw the install process (or so they claim)

Well, im going to try looking into into how it works. But its just a feature i want to have. So i dont need to go to their website and download it. Just having it go automaticly when opening it is kinda more.. awesome.

I don't miss it, what i miss is a smoother mod which perhaps would bring them to Beta?

Since they are just few developers who also got school, starting new projects wouldn't be a good idea at the moment.

Maybe in the future that's just my opinion though.

Yeah, i know. But i am i no way associated with the ets2mp developer team, im just a guy who knows how and likes to code.

You will make it because you like coding, am I right? I can understand that, but don't miss it either. Might use it once it's done and turns out to be handy.

Yeah. Im doing this because i like coding, and i felt like it would be a fun project

So. After a lot of thinking. Ive figured out that.. well. The only real thing i could make the launcher do is giving you an idea of what servers are online and the amount of players.

Ets2mp isnt a quite "open" mod with exstensive apis and stuff.. Soo. If you have any ideas please come forward with them.

And well. As far as auto updating goes. I could either hack it by downloading the update and hosting it for the launcher myself. But then again. How many rules am i breaking by that point? So unless i get in touch with the developers there is not much i can do on that side.

Anyways. Even if the only function it gets is the server thingy (and maybe some other fancy stuff i might be thinking on) i am going to make it and release it. I am probably also going to make it start the game with the no intro tag. Just to make up for the hole. GUI before launch thing.

Anyways. If you have a thought on this, positive or negative please post it. Im curious of both. :)

You already mentioned it... ETS2MP isn't quite "open", so many options and features are already excluded of the possibility list :(

Maybe you can add the option to your launcher that it checks if Steam is running and if not, launch Steam.

I disabled the option that Steam starts when Windows boots so I have to start Steam before being able to play MP.

I don't really like the GUI that you showed, the font looks too... I don't know...

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

You already mentioned it... ETS2MP isn't quite "open", so many options and features are already excluded of the possibility list :(

Maybe you can add the option to your launcher that it checks if Steam is running and if not, launch Steam.

I disabled the option that Steam starts when Windows boots so I have to start Steam before being able to play MP.

I don't really like the GUI that you showed, the font looks too... I don't know...

Auto starting steam seems like a good one. And as far as the gui is conserned. The image i uploaded is just a concept. and that font has already been replaced by a more... "Arial" one.

Can I ask what the "More.." is? I don't feel secure about downloading something that could cause damage? What makes your software trustworthy?

I used it just as a way of expressing myself. And just to be on the safe side i am going to make the source code public. If you want to take a look.

There is one thing i would never do. And that is making software that could be harmfull/spy on the end user.

(Also. Note that i am norwegian, so my english might not be that good..)

Nice of you to think about helping us the team in doing it, as you know that we plan to do it after the alpha stage!

Yeah i do know that. But as i mentioned earlier. I am doing this because you guys do such a great job and the community is great so i wanted to give something back. And i do love coding and it seemed like a fun project to do.

I think you could archieve more when you work together with the admin team.as they are rather protective towards theyre code and data theres not much you can do without theyre help.

but its always nice to see someone enjoying theyre hobby and trying too improve things for others in the proces!

UPDATE:

I have now got some basic funcionalities implemented, like selecting ets2mp & steam directory, and launching steam if its closed when pressing the play button.

How the steam launching works:
When you press the play button, the launcher checks to see if steam is running. For the moment this is a default behavior but you can change this in the settings tab which is being added later.
If it detects that steam is closed, it will launch steam and wait 10 seconds. Again the timing can be changed in the settings tab.
Then it will run ets2mp.

Currently it does not get the server information but i am working on adding it.

If there is any interest i'll gladly give out the launcher exe if you want to test it and/or give me some well needed feedback.
I am open to any suggestions.

Sincerely,
TheUnknownKiller

Alright, got some new stuff!

dIa2FQn.png

Note 1 - This would be an area where it could display news, changelogs, showcase stuff etc.

Note 2 - This button would be, depending on what i can do, a button to update ets2mp or a mod manager thing (not likely) or something else. (Please come with suggestions)

So yeah. If you have any ideas you would like to see on the launcher, please dont hesitate to post them. :D

Suggest cleaning your git repo a bit, eg. don't commit the bin, obj and similar directories.

good way to avoid that, add this .gitignore: https://www.gitignore.io/api/visualstudio, then git rm --cached source/bin and git rm --cached source/obj, etc.

Will do, i am not that used to github, most of my projects are closed source..

Archived