Eurotrucks2.exe hangs after exit

Haulvoc

Game: Euro Truck Simulator 2
Mod Version: 0.2.2.4.0
Controllers Used: G29
Description of Issue: Since the latest update that didn't change the version number, the eurotrucks2.exe process keeps running after closing the game and has to be killed through task manager, before you can start the game again. There's no difference between Alt+F4 and quitting with the menu button. The problem does not occur in SP. I'm running Windows 7.
How to reproduce: Close ETS2 launched by TMP client and view running processes.
Screenshots / Videos: None.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

9 hours ago, [-Fede-] said:

When you close it, is the message of synchronization opened?

You mean the synchronizing with World of Trucks? I have not noticed if it was or was not there, will keep an eye on it.

Edit: Yes, it did show up.

For me this occurs every time I quit MP since last "silent" update, not just once in a while. I read the new update was made for a new Discord feature. I have Discord installed, but I don't use it so it's an older version. Perhaps that has something to do with it. I will try it out later. I'm not looking for a solution though, I just want to inform the devs about this.

Edited by Haulvoc
Extra info

I also have this issue. Only with MP mod. I also have to manually end the process tree within task manager.

Loading ETS2 and ATS as single player ... shuts down no issues.

I am using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Not sure of the cause.

EDIT: I use discord and run it in the background.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

13 hours ago, Haulvoc said:

I ran Discord and it came with a bunch of updates. Then I ran the TMP launcher and it also had an update. After that eurotrucks2.exe was terminated correctly. Not sure if it was the Discord update or the TMP update, though. But I think it was the latter. So: Good job once again :tmp:

@Haulvoc Are you on windows 7 or windows 10?

• Like 1

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

On 09/06/2018 at 10:30 PM, Haulvoc said:

Windows 7. (It's in the original post ;)).

My apologies; I didn't realise you were the original poster :D

• Haha 1

76561198116137604.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

You can try these:

1-) Go to your ETS2 game directory, then into \Binaries\Win64\Launcher        (for me(e.g): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ETS 2\Binaries\Win64\---)

2-) Right click on "eurotrucks.exe"

3) Click the Compatibility tab at the top
  4) Check the box for "Run this program as administrator"
  5) Click OK
  6) Launch the game through Steam

I hope this solution suggestion work for you.