Why is my speed limited to 56mph?

MechanicalMadness

Question

I just bought a brand new 600hp volvo on my legit account thinking it would be faster than my old beginner mercades but both of the trucks were limited to 56 mph! even though in single player the truck speed limiter is off and it will do 100mph in single player! 

on my non legit cheated account i have other trucks of which will do 93?

Why are my legitly earned trucks limited please help

6 answers to this question

@MechanicalMadness Hello 

There are two speed limiters when on multiplayer:

Multiplayer TAB menu > Settings (little cog) > Un-tick Speed limiter 

Settings > Game play and there will be another check box, un-tick that.

Regards :rolleyes:

BombZ

Hello,

This may be more than one cause, please check the steps;

• First of all, do not get the job called "External Contract", which limits your speed to 90 km / h.
  • Remove "Speed Limiter" from the TAB Menu.
  • The EU 1 Server limits your speed to 90 km / h.
  • Also, remove the Speed Limit from the game files.

Just open C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\ and navigate into the folder of your current profile. Open 'config.cfg' with a Text Editor, search for the line "uset g_use_speed_limiter" and make sure to put a "0" next to it. Then save and close the config-file and check if your speed limiter keeps disabled now

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

However on all servers but EU4 there is a non removable ( strict ) limiter that is locked to 93 mph 150 kph, EU1 has the default game limiter locked on! Basically it doesn't matter what you do to your truck, you won't go past those limiters & there's also a 50 mph limiter in the cities which will simply cut all power to your truck until its doing 49 mph