Fatal crash error....

Lord_Fawlty

I have the same issue and I don't think it is my pc at all. 

It is very annoying though, because I love multiplayer and trucking with friends.

My computer specs:

Intel i5 4670k @3,8 Ghz

MSI Z87-G43

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB OC Edition

16 GB DDR3-1600mhz Kingston RAM

256 GB Crucial SSD with ETS installed on it

2 TB Seagate Barracuda for storage

The problem occurs when I leave Rotterdam, I just picked up a freight and I drove off.
On the intersection there was one other player stationairy waiting at the traffic lights.

The ping was less then 40 ms.

My internet connection (according to speedtest.net) is:

15 ms ping

43 MBit/s download

8 MBit/s upload

Then, when the game crashed, I kept close eye at my system performance and made a screenshot when the problem occured.

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ije2vorpuu9spa/performance%20ets.jpg?dl=0

Even though ETS2 is a 32-bit game (I believe), it should have 4 GB of RAM which it can maximum use.

As you can see in the sreenshot, about 3 GB is for my OS itself (I have a lot running in the background, I know).

And from the graph you can read that about 5-6 GB was in use at the time of the crash and that the RAM usage exploded exponantially.
What I think what happened that there was some programming error which caused a loop that made the RAM usage exponantially grow.
Which eventually caused that it couldn't allocate more RAM, since it is limitted to 4 GB for a 32-bit application.

And as it goes, 512 MB, 1024 MB, 2048 MB, and so on...

Since there was already 1 GB in use by ETS, it meant that it could only grow for 3 more GB's before crashing.

If you look at the CPU usage, you can see that it keeps between 30-50% and that only the RAM is growing.

So, somewhere in the code there is a fatal flaw what causes this.

It is not the trucks, it is not the performance of our computers, it is something in the code.

I have recreated the same problem with one of my C# applications (I am an IT student, so we have to learn how to build applications).

Maybe it's a checking loop that has no ending or no match and keeps looping?

Anyway, I would really like it for the developers to take a look at it and I hope they are able to replicate our issues to find a solution.

ETS version used:

ETS 2 1.16.2s

Going East! DLC

EDIT: Normally I can run BF4 at ultra high settings @60-70 fps and World of Tanks at high settings @60 fps (limited by vsync), so the performance with multiplayer games is not an issue for me.

• Upvote 1

it's NOT our computers.

Yes, I built a beast computer a few weeks ago with an i7, gtx 980, 1000w power supply, 16gb ram, ect...but sometimes I feel like my game crashes more than others! I've tried turning off everything that would cause a crash, mods, "enable fast loading of model", ect....crashes are less now but it still happens! Also I get an extremely bad lagspike when I come halfway down the tunnel entering Rotterdam, and also if coming from Europoort to Rotterdam, just as I go past the turnoff that goes left to Amsterdam, I will get a really bad lagspike there as well. I've seen other players lag as much as me at the same spot, too. I think it has to do with when you come within the massive amount of trucks in Rotterdam, when you come within their 500m range, your computer has to download all of that information in a few seconds, and in most cases it causes that spike.

I'm suffering from the fatal error crash and this primarily happens in crowded cities.

Also, I often hear 5 faint horn beeps in short succession when I'm in one of these areas, even if there are no players nearby. Hell, I've heard the beeping coming from my garage once or twice. What's going on?

I'm suffering from the fatal error crash and this primarily happens in crowded cities.

Also, I often hear 5 faint horn beeps in short succession when I'm in one of these areas, even if there are no players nearby. Hell, I've heard the beeping coming from my garage once or twice. What's going on?

Ghost house XD , Maybe some one has  garage in same city but bigger !

Tag Line: Want to Have fun, join Trucking World at ETS2, ATS and TruckersMP.

Respected Member of the Arab Community and TMP
Former: Forum Moderator, Support Team & Game Moderator

I have Raven DLC and I still crash. For me it started when they introduced synched weather, version 0.1.3 I think. I tried about everything to fix this problem, including creating a new profile to play MP from.

Well.. i got Fatal Error (http://postimg.org/image/8c9evyf2b/) immediately when i start the Client, but Single works perfect... Any help ?

Last Crash Log : http://pastebin.com/sDRQUWWU

Crash Log : http://pastebin.com/0M7bhpiU

Thanks a lot !

could you post also your game.log.txt located in your documents/ets2 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.