Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Server ping

FrostyDog941

Question

ok so idk how long its been this way but i have been able to play ets2 server eu 2 with no problems ever since i started playing it when i first came out and now i cant even stay logged in long enough to hit drive bc for whatever reason it says my ping is too high when i know its not bc nothing on my end has changed since day one and now i cant even play with my friends on the server bc for some unkown complication mp says nope not today buddy and its been this way for at least a few weeks now can someone please explain to me why that is i live in the us and ive never seen my ping in game get over 135ms but the game says its max ping is 600ms but says mines like over 1000 which i know is bs so whats the deal peeeps?? Also i can paly ats on euro servers just fine bc thats all there is but why cant i do the same for ets2? seems fishy

9 answers to this question

Hello :) 

You should restart your internet or modern. You can also check your internet here: http://www.speedtest.net/fr

You can find the necessary information by reviewing the guide below.

• Upgrade your connection speed through your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Often ISP's will offer several different connection speeds for different prices. A higher connection speed will allow you to send and receive data faster and lower your ping. You can also switch to a different ISP that offers higher speeds.
  • Use a free online bandwidth testing tool such as BandwidthPlace to ensure you are receiving the speed promised by your ISP. If you are not receiving the advertised speed, let your ISP know and they will attempt to optimize your internet speed.
  • .Use a wired internet connection instead of a wireless connection or router. A fixed line connection allows for a more stable flow of data and will lead to lower ping and smoother game play. Additionally, a wired connection avoids the possibility of other computers simultaneously using the internet and using up bandwidth.
  • Disable any firewalls, such as ZoneAlarm, Norton, and McAfee. Although this step may expose your computer to temporary risks, many firewalls substantially slow down internet connection speed. Disabling firewalls that directly monitor web traffic will lower your ping.
  • Exit any applications that may be using up bandwidth. Heavy bandwidth users include applications or browsers that are downloading music, video or other files. Light bandwidth users include chat programs, open browsers and any other application that uses the internet in any way.
  • Choose a server that is geographically close to you. Using servers that are geographically close to you to lowers your ping because the amount of time it takes for a data packet to travel between yourself and the server will be reduced. Use filter options to sort servers by region or look up the IP address to find out where it is hosted.
  • Adjust in-game settings to make sure that there is no default bandwidth cap. This depends on each individual game. The best strategy is to use Google to search for the name of the game you are playing together with the term "bandwidth cap" and browse the results.

Hello

Please follow these methods:

Also

You can look at this topic:

Dear @FrostyDog941, i recommend that you try to ping our servers so you can determine what your response time for data reception/sending is to the corresponding server. In order to do so, please open your console by typing 'cmd' in the Windows Search bar and then type 'ping xxxxxxxxxxxx' in the console and press Enter (instead of xxxxxxxxxxx you insert the IP of all the servers you want to ping, you can find them here: https://stats.truckersmp.com/. So for example you type 'ping 151.80.230.152' if you want to ping the EU2 server for ETS2MP). You will get the ping in milliseconds, the lower it is, the better. I recommend that you watch which server gives you the best (lowest) ping result and then try to connect to that one. Since TMP requires a constant, stable internet connection it is essential that you got sufficient and - most importantly - consistent connection quality. Your average ping should be below 100ms, otherwise desynchronization might become an issue for you.

Please let us know if any of these replies helped you solve your issue or if you need any additional help.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

On 6/7/2018 at 12:55 AM, [ST-E] T.Rucker said:

Dear @FrostyDog941, i recommend that you try to ping our servers so you can determine what your response time for data reception/sending is to the corresponding server. In order to do so, please open your console by typing 'cmd' in the Windows Search bar and then type 'ping xxxxxxxxxxxx' in the console and press Enter (instead of xxxxxxxxxxx you insert the IP of all the servers you want to ping, you can find them here: https://stats.truckersmp.com/. So for example you type 'ping 151.80.230.152' if you want to ping the EU2 server for ETS2MP). You will get the ping in milliseconds, the lower it is, the better. I recommend that you watch which server gives you the best (lowest) ping result and then try to connect to that one. Since TMP requires a constant, stable internet connection it is essential that you got sufficient and - most importantly - consistent connection quality. Your average ping should be below 100ms, otherwise desynchronization might become an issue for you.

Please let us know if any of these replies helped you solve your issue or if you need any additional help.

ok thank you and i was mainly concerned because even though there isnt a us server for ATS anymore which is kinda weird seeming how their are americans who play an american trucking game and can only select european servers to play on makes it a bit hard to choose something closer to us and for ETS2 i usually am fine with the us or eu2 servers but idk whats been happening i get kicked from any server even though it says my ping is like 130 something but max is 600 ms and i get kicked for having a ping thats like 400 and some change less then the max limit so im confused because the game is lying to me or the system is rigged haha

Hello @FrostyDog941,

Due to inactivity (a total of 9 days), I will move this topic to unsolved because I have to assume that your problem is not solved because you have not marked a best answer.

If the problem still occurs, you can create a ticket here.

FrostyGamer

/locked & moved to unsolved due to inactivity.