Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[Suggestion] Enable admins to remove or change tags and names in game

Suggestion Name: Enable admins to remove or change tags and names in game

Suggestion Description: ^

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?: Seeing people have "Change name and make ban appeal" on their TMP account, I feel, is rather unfair. It may just be that they have forgotten to change their name after playing a particularly memey game. For that to have a lasting impact on the way new people viewing their profile perceive of them doesn't sit right with me. I also believe it would cut down on the amount of ban appeals admins would have to do as players must provide evidence they have changed names and tags.

The fact that an admin changed their name could be put in the "Player History" rather than in the punishments history. This could also link into what @BarryGB suggested yesterday and be rolled out to avatars as well. 

I have searched for this suggestion and have failed to find anything similar. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13
  • Confused 2
  • True Story 1

+1 That's a good idea, change another person's name or tag that might be inappropriate in order to serve a warning to the user. If the user then changes their tag back to what it was then the game mod can give out the "change your tag" ban afterwards.

It's also good news for those whose inappropriate usernames might be part of an out-of-remit pattern, they forget to change it and the game mod steps in to change their name on-the-spot rather than ban the user. This will also mean that permanent bans will almost always be devoted to excessive save editing bans and history bans. 

"I feel, is rather unfair. It may just be that they have forgotten to change their name after playing a particularly memey game."

Your in-game name uses your TruckersMP account name so that statement is invalid.

Although, it is a good suggestion if admins can just simply warn users of their actions then I'm sure most would just make the recommended changes straight away. If they choose not to change their tags then it's their own fault and it should be actioned by staff. Simply adjusting someones player tag doesn't stop them from doing it again.

Perhaps, introducing some form of alternative such as a cool-down would work better instead of banning users you could disable their name tag for 7 days, 30 days or permanent.

• True Story 2

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...