Talking GPS

Scania LTD l Top Bloke

I had a look around on the Forums and I surprisingly didn't anyone posting anything about GPS's that told you how far until you turned off.

I seem to get stuck in the situation of a truck riding the inside lane going 70km (bearing in mind I follow the speed limits) in an 80 zone. Approcahing that driver, going for the overtake then realising I was meant to turn off at the intersection i've just gone past :)

Like since i'm so focused on the overtake and not hitting anyone and looking for traffic coming down the outside lane I take my eyes off the GPS however if there were to be an option in settings where you could in-able or disable (whether you liked the idea or not) the GPS to say "Turn right in 5km" (since 1km in this game is like 100m in real life haha). You know just give you some notice verbally of whats going on as you cant physically look at 3-4 things at once, specially with a keyboard and mouse, we have ears why not hear something instead of just looking. 

I feel like it would be a cool concept a bit like the concept I suggested yesterday about having windows roll up or roll down however this would be more useful and could potentially stop people from overtaking, realising that the turn they are going past is theirs and then cutting across all lanes of traffic and hitting you.

Let me know what you think :) 

Kind Regards,

Top Bloke | Scania LTD Director 

Yes, that's a very good idea, but the SCS should bring it in first. And it can take time to adapt to all maps B)

Hello,

i saw it some forums.  I guess it 's not truckersmp' s job. It's a good idea but I think it's unnecessary. because there are many maps.  such a small project will take a lot of time, better things can be done in this time frame.

instead of;  if you cant see the map, I would recommend glasses. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best Regards.

Forz0214

• 2 weeks later...

Archived