• Announcements

• LIGHTOFGOD

Community Moderator Team Recruitment   02/25/18

Find out more information, here:    
    • Anriandor

PUBLIC Question & Answer Section   06/16/18

Hey, Truckers!   Once again, you ask us anything you want. For 1 week from now on, you have the chance to do so. Please, visit this section for further information:   https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/243-qa/   Make sure that you read this topic beforehand:       The Community Management
SergeantZero

Opinion to Players stopping on the shoulder lane on the Autobahn

I just wanted to ask you what you think about people stopping on the shoulder lane on the Autobahn, especially when there is a Gas Station in about 500m or you know when they definitely did not had an accident.

I would basically say that you could report the player for "Blocking" since they are blocking an emergency way for approaching Emergency Services.

What is your opinion about that?

• Confused 1
  • Woah! 1

I mean I can see what your saying however since there are no Emergency Services in MP its just another lane. 

As long as they are not in the road and blocking the functional lane I don't see a problem, if its a shoulder then it's a shoulder lane not a driving lane.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

If you’re stopped in the hard shoulder and not actually blocking the main carriageway, there’s nothing wrong with it.

• Like 1

I stop on the hard shoulder, people have to eat & go to the loo etc so pulling off is fine by me & some services are far away......banning people for it is just wrong 

• Upvote 4

§2.3 - Blocking*

Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar.

Can you tell me how being stopped on the emergency lane, on a highway, is against that rule? You can try and report those players you see doing that, but you'll achieve nothing other than declined reports and your reporting limit go down. I don't even report players for blocking when they are stopped in the middle of the road, if there's another lane to go by safely.

• True Story 2

23 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

§2.3 - Blocking*

Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar.

Can you tell me how being stopped on the emergency lane, on a highway, is against that rule? You can try and report those players you see doing that, but you'll achieve nothing other than declined reports and your reporting limit go down. I don't even report players for blocking when they are stopped in the middle of the road, if there's another lane to go by safely.

Exactly, people make issues out of it for no reason....if i can stop or get through i will! might take a few mins to avoid damage 

The hard shoulder is there for a reason, for players to stop on the road if they need to without blocking other players path. 

I actually enjoy the fact that the game offers a widely available and quickly-accessible AFK zone to pull over and stop. If we force players to find rest stops or exit every time they wanted to go AFK for merely a few minutes, we'd create a major inconvenience to resolve a minor problem. This is, of course, respecting the "No Parking in High Traffic Zones" rules, which are implemented simply to prevent lag. 

• Upvote 1

Hello,

§2.3 - Blocking*

I dont think stoping on shoulders is forbidden. Because it's independent of the main lanes. For example, he may have been in an accident and waiting for a fix. ;)

Thank you for the understanding. 

Best Regards.

Forz0214

Where is the problem, when someone stands there? You don´t know why he stopped...

I think if he doesn´t blocks someone there is no problem

• Like 1

On 1.6.2018 at 4:15 PM, ScaniaFan89 said:

I stop on the hard shoulder, people have to eat & go to the loo etc so pulling off is fine by me & some services are far away......banning people for it is just wrong 

Yes, but I don't really understand that they are parking on the shoulder lane even though there's a Gas Station in some meters, this is what most pisses me off - I mean why having gas stations with parking slots when nobody uses them.

^^ I do use them when I need them. But some times, my phone starts ringing or someone knocks at the door and I have to stop wherever I am. Maybe there's a parking spot 500 m ahead, but if I keep going, I'll most probably lose the call. If I'm going to stop for a drink or a visit to the Churchill, then I'll wait for a fuel station or a parking area, but there are unexpected things in real life that you need to deal with at the moment.

• Upvote 1

If they are on the hard shoulder, they aren't blocking. The hard shoulder shouldn't be used for normal driving, and therefore if you think someone on the hard shoulder is blocking you, perhaps you shouldn't be driving down the Hard Shoulder....

• Upvote 1

Stopping on the hard shoulder on motorways in MP is totally approved as there is not much traffic outside of the Ruhr area that uses the ETS2 motorway network in general, so you can safely stop 99% of the time without fearing that your truck will be damaged. If the motorways were very busy, then stopping would not have been a great idea unless they want to quit the MP session, but either way there is no offence committed by stopping on the hard shoulder. 

Hello, 

I really consider a new rule referring to this topic. "Users are not allowed to park on the shoulder of a 2 lane road in overpopulated areas". If people dont respect that someone can end up crashing into another user while trying to pull out in the middle of the road. 

Kind regards 

#ShadowNight

Emergency lane is only for emergency.If you want to go anywhere and comeback less then 2 minutes you can break your truck into emergency lane.It is nit for driving.So i don't see any kind of problem

If i have to talk on my phone or i go to toilet, i use a hard shoulder for a minute or two, not more .  It's completely normal to stop there if you have work for a minute or two, or if you waiting someone to come with you. Well, for the peoples overtaking from there this maybe is a problem....

53 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] bobi124 said:

If i have to talk on my phone or i go to toilet, i use a hard shoulder for a minute or two, not more .  It's completely normal to stop there if you have work for a minute or two, or if you waiting someone to come with you. Well, for the peoples overtaking from there this maybe is a problem....

exactly.

I got reported by a player for i presume blocking as I was trying to merge with a queue of traffic joining the C-D road.  I could not go and force my way in so was ushering my truck into the left hand lane slowly with my turn signals on so anyone and everyone could see what I was doing.  some folk also have no patience and think the hard shoulder is infact a running lane. 

Yep, the hard shoulder is there for a reason for pulling over for emergencies etc but not driving them - so yeah i do pull over frequently on the hard shoulder :)

If a driver considers the continuation of his/ her travel as unsafe, he/ she is entitled to stop on the emergency lane as long as needed and does not need to continue to drive to the next parking area.

Blocking is defined as blocking another player's way and/ or force another player to change his/ her direction of travel and therefore does not apply in this case.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

If a driver considers the continuation of his/ her travel as unsafe, he/ she is entitled to stop on the emergency lane as long as needed and does not need to continue to drive to the next parking area.

Blocking is defined as blocking another player's way and/ or force another player to change his/ her direction of travel and therefore does not apply in this case.

...may I also add that blocking is defined as blocking another players way with the purpose of disrupting the other player.

i got reported i presume for blocking whilst I was trying to merge into a right hand lane to join the CD. turn signal was on but the person behind me took my lack of movement (because I was nudging my way in, rather than forcing my way in) as blocking.  Mods reviewed the tapes and would have clearly seen what I was doing, a manouvre purely within the rules, so threw the case out.