Are we allowed to overtake in grass fields? TRUCKERSMP

Hyvak

Question

Are we allowed?

Not the always since it's considered as " inappropriate " overtaking right?

But, when it's like your driving in a high speed lets say 150 since thats the max, an upcoming traffic in your left and sudden parked truck went to your lane in CD road lets say, and if you couldn't break and you'll cause a collision, and I went right to the grass fields to avoid it, is it allowed?

Thanks, also, I'd like to know more about overtake which is allowed and not allowed,

16 answers to this question

If it was to avoid a collision with a player in front because you were going too fast, some leniency would be given. Although in this case you probably shouldn’t be going so fast or so close that you can’t control it in the first place.

If you were overtaking someone on the grass, that’d probably be a kick as it is still considered inappropriate overtaking, but this would be if there was no incident and it was just an overtake. If you ram into someone or drive very recklessly, then that’d result in a ban. (These are just most cases, some other GMs decisions may differ from mine, this is just what I would apply)

Hello

it is not allowed to continue driving off-road(grass),but this is allowed if you park your truck on the grass.

you can read the TruckersMP rules:

43 minutes ago, heyhococo said:

If it was to avoid a collision with a player in front because you were going too fast, some leniency would be given. Although in this case you probably shouldn’t be going so fast that you can’t control it in the first place.

If you were overtaking someone on the grass, that’d probably be a kick as it is still considered inappropriate overtaking, but this would be if there was no incident and it was just an overtake. If you ram into someone or drive very recklessly, then that’d result in a ban. (These are just most cases, some other GMs decisions may differ from mine, this is just what I would apply)

What if the person infront of me suddenly braked while in high speed?

Guest Cowie

Hey, it is really not recommended! The game moderator would have all the rights to ban you for such offences. Reckless driving, inappropriate overtaking. As mentioned by Heyhococo above, some Game Moderators will chose to only kick or teleport you while others would ban you. I have seen people banned for it before. As for the C-D road I cruise at 100km/h (61mp/h) and I would recommend trying it ;) It is nice and safe(er)! See you on the road!

-ccowie

35 minutes ago, CrackPrewier said:

Hello

it is not allowed to continue driving off-road(grass),but this is allowed if you park your truck on the grass.

you can read the TruckersMP rules:

So the only possible way is just try the best way to brake and what would happen if I rammed to the guy accidentally? Would it result a ban?

Hello,

There is no harm in breaking your vehicle into the grass to escape from the accident, but if you go from grasses to avoid traffic, you will violate the rule.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

1 hour ago, Hyvak said:

I rammed to the guy accidentally? Would it result a ban?

Yes,may banned from the servers for a certain period of time. but you must apologize to the other player.Maybe he will forgive you.

I recommend that you open a record program before entering the game.

Safe Driving^^

1 hour ago, Hyvak said:

In that case again you shouldn’t be going so fast or so close, but that would probably be one of the scenarios where some leniency would be given, if it wasn’t reasonably foreseeable that the player in front would brake so hard and at that time.

1 hour ago, Hyvak said:

If they suddenly braked, to avoid them it would be acceptable to go on the grass, but not for the purpose of an overtake, as that would be considered undertaking. However you shouldn't be so close to the user in front that you do not have sufficient room to stop in the event of the user braking.

1 hour ago, Hyvak said:

So the only possible way is just try the best way to brake and what would happen if I rammed to the guy accidentally? Would it result a ban?

If you keep distance, you should have room to stop and therefore wont ram/cause a collision with anyone. 

Hope this helps.

Hi there

You need to drive carefully but you can overtake them if there are few people on the road. If you accidentally ram with a vehicle, you can be banned for reason ramming or reckless driving. So you should record while you are running, video is the best evidence for you unban

You can read this topic

Hi there

Several  answers have being given :)

Let us know if you question is answered :D

Kind Regards

Total EDM

Suppor Team

2 hours ago, AdaBey said:

Hello,

There is no harm in breaking your vehicle into the grass to escape from the accident, but if you go from grasses to avoid traffic, you will violate the rule.

Best regards.

That's what exactly what I'm pointing about, if theres an AFK person in the side of road just suddenly took a left even tho let's say we're cruising about 90 km/h or below, we could've still crash since theres no time to brake,  and yeah, I'm not pointing about avoiding the traffic

1 hour ago, Total EDM said:

Hi there

Several  answers have being given :)

Let us know if you question is answered :D

Kind Regards

Total EDM

Suppor Team

Thank's for asking before closing, some other moderator just suddenly closed my other thread while back while I wasn't kinda content for the answers given, indeed, you can close the thread, thanks

Nice to hear that your question has been answered, thank you for your help! :)

//Locked and moved to Solved