TruckersMP & GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)

1 hour ago, grundi2601 said:

If anyone is banned permanently, he/she can delete the account, create another account with new steam account. But he/she can not longer be banned for ban evading because TruckersMP can't save e.g. IP's, unique PC information on the server if anyone deletes the own account?! I think this could be an opened door for ban evaders.

I have the same question, how can i report a ban evader, if he deletes all accounts? What should i write in evidence section, if all banned accounts are deleted?

• True Story 1

1 hour ago, [EvoQue] BUSH said:

good news
but i have question. what can we do now with guys who is evading ban. Now as i understand, guys who had 6 or less bans can easily delete their account and just use new one. And if u just here for example same voice of this guy(who is evading ban) in cb, u can do nothing now?

Hi, 

Please refer to the following:

2 hours ago, ChrisPatrol said:

If I delete my account, will my bans be deleted too?
No. Your bans are linked to your Steam ID which is public information displayed on Steam. If you sign up again, your bans will be reactivated.

When I delete my account, what information will stay and what will be deleted?
Information that will stay: Bans, appeals, and reports will remain as they are not personal information, and are used as evidence.

Everything should be logged, so users will not be able to use this feature as a method of avoiding a ban.

• Like 2

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

9 minutes ago, Aragon said:

If you sign up again, your bans will be reactivated.

If i sign up again, but with new steam account, bans will not be reactivated and since server logs are deleting too, there is no way you can tell if user is ban evading. Also the question about reporting ban evaders remains open, how can i report a guy for ban evading, if all accounts are deleted and he is playing with the new steam/truckersmp account? 

• Upvote 1

Then tell me how I could identify you personally with a given SteamID.

(For example how can I get to know your real name or place of living from it?)

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

^But that data is neither stored nor processed by TMP.

That's Steam's "problem".

However, you provided the information on your own choice, not because you had to

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Those who are banned from the using the report system can use the reporting system when they delete their account and reactivate

1 hour ago, RayRay5 said:

Because the Steam Id is not a PID, it's a public accessable information

But I think it is very difficult to find out an ban evading guy (guy who deletes his/her banned profile & creates new steam profile & TruckersMP account) only with the steam account information. But other data like IP can not be saved on the TruckersMP server if the ban evading guy deletes his/her account in TruckersMP. So, I think, TruckersMP can only detect ban evaders with reports from the community or only with the information given by steam.

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

Regarding empty data dumps:

I am not sure what causes this, and it will be investigated.

Regarding ban evasion:

GDPR was gonna make it harder, and there was no way we can avoid that. We can just try to make it better, which we will.

Regarding us storing bans tied to steam ID:

Steam ID is made public by steam, and we treat it as public information. Any remaining connection your steam ID has to you when your TruckersMP account is deleted is either game logs which have not been deleted yet, or it is a connection created by steam, which they are responsible for.

Some short answers right now, since I'm kind of tired, but you get the general gist.

• Like 3

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer