TruckersMP & GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)

Dear players,

As many of you will know, the deadline to be GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant is less than a day away. We are proud to announce that our Developers have recently been working very hard to make sure we meet the deadline and have just released an update to our website.

Here is an FAQ section related to GDPR and what you can expect:

What is GDPR?
GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation taking effect on 25th May 2018. You can find out more information about it here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/.

What has changed to make you GDPR compliant?
You are now able to create Data Dumps to see what information we store about you and have added the ability to delete your account.

I want to know what information you have about me. How can you do this?
You can create a data dump on the website. They are stored for 48 hours and you can manually delete them once you have reviewed it. You can create a data dump here: https://truckersmp.com/profile/settings/redirect/account/

I want to delete my account. How can I do this? You can head over to your account settings on the website here: https://truckersmp.com/profile/settings/redirect/account/ PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE!

If I delete my account, will my bans be deleted too?
No. Your bans are linked to your Steam ID which is public information displayed on Steam. If you sign up again, your bans will be reactivated.

When I delete my account, what information will stay and what will be deleted?
Information that will stay: Bans, appeals, and reports will remain as they are not personal information, and are used as evidence.
Information that will be deleted: Recruitment applications, feedback tickets, social information and editing logs linked to your TruckersMP and forum account.

What happens to my forum account?
Your forum user account will be removed. Any posted topics and replies will remain visible.

TruckersMP Community Mangement.

View post on homepage

Fantastic work boys. Thank you for all the time and effort you all invest into this community and making it a great place to be.

• True Story 2

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

10 minutes ago, Will [UK] said:

Just to let you guys know, the hyperlinks on the homepage don't work.

Reveal hidden contents

Have passed this on, very odd behaviour. Thanks for reporting.

good news
but i have question. what can we do now with guys who is evading ban. Now as i understand, guys who had 6 or less bans can easily delete their account and just use new one. And if u just here for example same voice of this guy(who is evading ban) in cb, u can do nothing now?

• Upvote 3

I have a question:

If anyone is banned permanently, he/she can delete the account, create another account with new steam account. But he/she can not longer be banned for ban evading because TruckersMP can't save e.g. IP's, unique PC information on the server if anyone deletes the own account?! I think this could be an opened door for ban evaders.

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager