Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

CB radio audio not working

68ChevySS

Question

I am having issues with the cb in multiplayer. People can hear me but I can not hear them.  Microphone output is working.

1. reinstalled audio drivers.  no help

2. uninstalled truckers mp, deleted atsmp folder.  reinstalled truckers mp  no help

3. verified files in steam.  no help

3. only issue is in truckers mp.  Teamspeak, Discord all work with no issues.

4.  reverted to default sounds and no help

I have checked my logs and have seen this error.

<info> Game started
 <info> [codec] Initialization succeed
 <info> [cb_radio] Microphone initialized! : Mic in at rear panel (Pink) (Re / MME
 <error> An error occured while using the portaudio stream
<error>  Error number: -9985
 <error>  Error message: Device unavailable
 <error> [cb_radio] Unable to open output stream!
 <info> [settings] Microphone initialized! : Mic in at rear panel (Pink) (Re / MME
 <info> [settings] Speaker initialized! : Headset (Realtek High Definitio

any help is appreciated

10 answers to this question

Hello :)

Start TruckersMP, then press the cog button in the player list, or press the cog icon in upper left corner on the login screen, select the "Sound" tab, then check the "Speaker device" - change it to "Default", then press "Apply". After that, press the "Start test" on the same tab. You should hear yourself as you speak during the test.

Also try these:

• Make sure that the correct device is selected in Steam> Settings> Communication> Voice recorder, then test the microphone from the same place.
  • Open the game. On the desktop, right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the following launch bar and come to the "Recording Devices" section. Make only one selected.
  • Press "TAB" key in the game and try to make Voice Chat settings from Settings
  • Steam > Settings > Contact > Sound Recorder make sure that the correct device is selected here.
  • Try to uninstall the drivers sound (Realtek) remove.  Download and install again
  • Try turning up the volume. Go Tab > Settings > Sounds a have a play with the sound levels
  • "My Documents-ETS2MP" can you delete the folder and try again
  • Run the multiplayer mod as admin

And read this topic

7 hours ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

Hello :)

Start TruckersMP, then press the cog button in the player list, or press the cog icon in upper left corner on the login screen, select the "Sound" tab, then check the "Speaker device" - change it to "Default", then press "Apply". After that, press the "Start test" on the same tab. You should hear yourself as you speak during the test.

Also try these:

• Make sure that the correct device is selected in Steam> Settings> Communication> Voice recorder, then test the microphone from the same place.
  • Open the game. On the desktop, right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the following launch bar and come to the "Recording Devices" section. Make only one selected.
  • Press "TAB" key in the game and try to make Voice Chat settings from Settings
  • Steam > Settings > Contact > Sound Recorder make sure that the correct device is selected here.
  • Try to uninstall the drivers sound (Realtek) remove.  Download and install again
  • Try turning up the volume. Go Tab > Settings > Sounds a have a play with the sound levels
  • "My Documents-ETS2MP" can you delete the folder and try again
  • Run the multiplayer mod as admin

And read this topic

All of the above have been tried completed multiple times and problem still occurs. It is a Truckers mp error as all other voice communications work with no issues.  In the log file there is an error for the portaudio stream, error number -9985

Hi there

Is your issue still there or you need more help ?

Let us know :)

Kind Regards

Total EDM

Support Team 

2 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Hey,

I had the same problem not long ago. What I did was just right click on the sound icon and press "Playback devices". Then a new window appeared saying something like "Do you want to re-enable the Speaker xx?". Then I just continued and it worked for me.

Best regards,

NeonLeon

I tried to reset sound ingame, and the issue still exists. I do not get the enable speaker popup.  I do however have an error in the config file.  It is a TruckersMP error.

<info> [cb_radio] Microphone initialized! : Mic in at rear panel (Pink) (Re / MME
 <error> An error occured while using the portaudio stream
<error>  Error number: -9985
 <error>  Error message: Device unavailable
 <error> [cb_radio] Unable to open output stream!

Hi there

• Try to delete config 
  • Go to each playback audio device's properties, then on the "Advanced" tab, press "Restore Defaults". 
  • Check something basic on your computer, like if your audio device is active by default.
  • Uninstalled the truckersmp and reinstalled the audio drivers with 3dchip. After you reboot the computer you install the truckersmp and it will work again!
  • Open your panel with the TAB key multiplayer > Voice > Voice volume setting pull to the right.
  • Open the game. Return to the desktop.at the time sound level in the audio mixer from the speaker icon, right click on TruckersMP

Also watch this video

Spoiler

4 hours ago, [ETS2MCG] Masunio said:

Hi there

• Try to delete config 
  • Go to each playback audio device's properties, then on the "Advanced" tab, press "Restore Defaults". 
  • Check something basic on your computer, like if your audio device is active by default.
  • Uninstalled the truckersmp and reinstalled the audio drivers with 3dchip. After you reboot the computer you install the truckersmp and it will work again!
  • Open your panel with the TAB key multiplayer > Voice > Voice volume setting pull to the right.
  • Open the game. Return to the desktop.at the time sound level in the audio mixer from the speaker icon, right click on TruckersMP

Also watch this video

Reveal hidden contents

Deleted config.  no help

All audio is on default

uninstalled truckers mp, deleted folder, cleaned registry, deleted audio drivers and restarted computer

reinstalled drivers, restarted computer

reinstalled truckers mp, reset audio to default  no help

I am still getting the same error's as in previous post.

I am only having the issue with truckers mp.  Teamspeak, discord, skype audio all work with no issues.