Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Optional local AI Traffic restricted to empty map sectors

eskolaite

Suggestion Name: Optional local AI Traffic restricted to empty map sectors

Suggestion Description:

- Let the local game engine generate vanilla AI traffic when entering an empty map sector (no other players).

- When the player enters a sector that is not empty, or if another MP player enters the sector: withdraw all local AI vehicles to keep all players consistent.

- Make this suggestion optional, or restricted to some servers.

Why should it be added?:

- MP player traffic density is uneven and leads to driving the same routes so as not to be alone.

- With current and incoming DLC expansions, some parts of the map are unfrequented. This should incite players to visit other places in MP.

- Find a trade-off between the MP mod and the solo mod.

(added for more information)

What it is not:

- a synchronized traffic. In this suggestion we do not change the multiplayer part, nothing added, no server overload.

I think it is complex to implement sync traffic on the server side and probably not allowed by SCS unless it is a complete new AI code.

What it is:

- the idea is to partially enables local traffic whenever there is no other MP player nearby (the tab menu is empty).

- each player computer generates its own local AI traffic, as it is done by the vanilla game. There are indeed collision zones managed by the local game engine.

- this traffic is only local and not shared with MP servers, neither other players.

- if another MP player appears (the tab menu is not empty) then, yes, all locally managed AI vehicles disappear. This is not an elegant solution, but for now I don't see any workaround. Problem is that as the locally generated traffic is not shared with other MP players, this will lead to unexpected behaviors, which is unacceptable (I mean, 7 out of 7 on the Duisburg-Calais scale).

Edited by eskolaite

So how are you going to do this? There is no system that recognises the area around you. The tab menu merely shows nearby players but is not connected to the traffic, at all. Do not get me wrong, I like the idea, however, there are still some things I am not sure about. For instance, are the cars randomly spawning out of nowhere? If there are a few other people, does it suddenly disappear? Will it have a collision zone? Is the AI going to remain in your lane, even if there is oncoming traffic? Is the traffic synchronised? What if a Game Moderator is above you with his camera? Does it count as a player? Is the traffic going to be in the Demos of the Game Mods?

As you can see, there are too many unanswered questions. Since you cannot reply to the new suggestions section, I will temporarily move this topic to Gameplay.

Because like the special transport vans, only you would see them & some unfortunate victim will come along at speed slam into the traffic giving them a free flight to the moon...plus as im sure you have noticed when you hit heavy populated areas everything goes a bit crazy while it all loads so if its got to despawn a whole load of traffic & spawn in a load of players you can imagine the game doing this 

• Web Developer

The idea seems nice, but like Anri wrote..

1 ) There are many issues that could be come with adding this. 

2 ) Server overloading, which means higher ping for everyone, we don't need this

3 ) If the client / player's computer would  generate AI traffic, hardware usage would be going higher, which means low fps for most users.

It may be a future plan I think, but at this time -1 

Hi Anriandor,

First of all, What it is not:

- a synchronized traffic. In this suggestion we do not change the multiplayer part, nothing added, no server overload.

I think it is complex to implement sync traffic on the server side and probably not allowed by SCS unless it is a complete new AI code.

What it is:

- the idea is to partially enables local traffic whenever there is no other MP player nearby (the tab menu is empty).

- each player computer generates its own local AI traffic, as it is done by the vanilla game. There are indeed collision zones managed by the local game engine.

- this traffic is only local and not shared with MP servers, neither other players.

- if another MP player appears (the tab menu is not empty) then, yes, all locally managed AI vehicles disappear. This is not an elegant solution, but for now I don't see any workaround. Problem is that as the locally generated traffic is not shared with other MP players, this will lead to unexpected behaviors, which is unacceptable (I mean, 7 out of 7 on the Duisburg-Calais scale).

Edited by eskolaite

Alright, thanks for clarifying what you actually mean. In this case, I can tell you that there are currently no ambitions to add such a system based on what you have described. In general, there were multiple suggestions asking to somehow enable the traffic again - those were rejected as well. The developers might look into this in the future when the MP has left the Alpha and Beta stage. For now, it is not going to be done.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.