DLC tunings replaced by default parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea because if you don't have a DLC, sometimes the lights at the back of a truck is missing and you can't see if the truck in front of you is braking or has their indicators on. +1

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

I really hope this gets more attention. It's annoying to drive in a convoy with someone in front of you who doesn't have working break lights (because I don't have the DLC). I really don't want to pay 4€ for some visual upgrades for a truck I don't care about. Seeing an army of Scania trucks with holes in their front really kills the immersion :wacko:

ets2_20180524_195055_00.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

@Encrypted_Data0 It's because some DLC like Mighty Griffin or DAF Tuning Pack replace the stock parts of trucks with custom ones. This can make a customized Scania or DAF to be seen by players without the DLC as not having a grill or worse, the rear lights. Not only it looks ugly, it can be dangerous if someone is driving behind a truck and can't see it's brake lights. That's why it's needed to make it so those parts would be replaced by stock ones for players who don't own the DLC, just like happens with others. Suppose you buy a paintjob DLC and use it in your truck. Someone without that DLC, will see your truck's paint as the stock one for that model. But this is not yet applied to accesories like the ones mentioned above.

• Like 1

This is certainly an issue which needs to be resolved as it ruins the fun for those playing with friends who wish to take photos and cannot see the DLC parts.

+1 to this idea being implemented, especially with more tuning pack DLC's in the works.  

• 8 months later...

I support the idea and my suggestion is people who do not have dlc to see the truck sitting is not tuning (standard looking) so there is no problem with lights and turn signals another option is the parts that are dlc if there is a way for others to see them but they can not use the DLC package 

Поздрави : Wub:

Нощно желание

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I see so many trucks, specifically, Scanias without tail lights or front grilles. Its an accident waiting to happen as people without the used DLCs cannot tell if the truck with the DLC modification is braking, or using their indicators/hazard lights.

76561198136394601.png

// Isaiah Wijesekara | Philippines | Former [ETRVTC] Driver | TMP ID 10832 \\

// [TPH] Truckers Philippines | Member Since November 15, 2014 | TrucksBook \\

image.png.3a469fc6c20225a7608e8705bb8150c5.png|image.png.9dd78c47b8aceb13f4907f4d2d669585.png|image.png.744ced8a4ea99071cd7af3b1892ef168.png|image.png.7e3bb40469f591d1f01db0bb788244ff.png|image.png.2575f58f66623c27724459bd2538fcf1.png|image.png.b185e69ecf1956dd8d073810c550ade5.png|image.png.d2d3099e2a60bcb9e4916e09413dfa8a.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea. My immersion is being ruined, seeing trucks without parts is scarring me emotionally. :P  If only I could afford the missing 5-10$ DLC that not only fixes the problem but also adds new content.

+/-1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This suggestion is great and should be put into practice as soon as possible, who uses the lights in the back of the truck like Scania, Daf, and Mercedes, do not appear the lights for people who do not have the dlc, this is very dangerous.

76561197973552124_v1.png.870d5d35795c06de06303b32524bd445.png

Language - Portuguese ??   |  English ??   

- - - Gamer Since 2005 - - - Cσρуяιgнт © 2021™ - All Rights Reserved

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Øяіgіиαℓ ® -Fallcon ; Øfdream ; Plaxxy™
█║▌│║▌║▌│█│▌║│█║█║│▌║│█║▌
 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really think this should be in the mp option as well...I don't care that much that people can't see my viking skin on my truck, but when I drive with my friends who don't have all the dlc's, they don't see any rear lights, front lights and not even the whole front of my truck. Like other people mentioned this is not only dangerous, but also very ugly. It would at least be nice if people can't see the dlc parts that they can see the vanilla parts of the truck and trailer. Sometimes we drive together all with the same load, but when they drive a standard trailer and I get a Krone or Schwarzmüller trailer, that trailer is totaly grey and can't see any blinkers or brake lights and that results in accidents...So, please put this in the MP mode ;). +1 from me !