[ARCHIVED] How to proceed when rammed.

Azuly

Greetings, my fellow truckers!

Today, on this topic, I'll teach you how to proceed (under my perspective) when you get rammed. For this situation, I will consider that you are recording. 

1. When you get rammed, the first thing you should do is clear the road to other players. If you are upwards, do a /fix and move your truck to the shoulder ASAP, if not, do a F7 + ENTER! We need to be kind to the other players!

2. Do NOT, in ANY given circumstances, insult the user trough the CB radio or chat. If you do insult, you might get banned yourself plus it's not cool to insult other people. 

3. Be sure to type /pinfo [user id] and take a screenshot. You'll need the info displayed on the screen to report the player. Also, do a in-game report, it's worth a shot!

4. Upload the evidence on the preferred media, better if hidden (only accessible with a link) and submit a report on the website!

That's all guys! Thanks! :D 

• Upvote 3

well that a thing in busy areas u need to make sure u are not parking or else u might get banned for useless traffic  due to the rule of tmp  so  just be aware of that as well :D

but i really do like guide it does help but sadly and most of  us here in the forums already know how to reports etc... what they need is to advertise it in the main menu ingame similar to what they did with the rules i was very glad that they accepted it once i have said it. i know its alot of hard work to do but if we can show to our players who  does  join  tmp ingame that they are aware of what going on etc...  

like we could of a system ingame where players can  go to let say a guide  section ingame and it will bring up all the help they need  or else as a new player not everyone knows the forums until they have been banned or someone tells them  there a forum etc...

Edited by SimulatorExperiencer

76561198098873827.png

About insulting the rammer, all what would happen is the rammed user getting banned from game, rather than from the reporting system. §1.4 of the TruckersMP rules tells you what may cause your reporting rights to be revoked.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

@Canis Latrans Hey!

Thank you for this beautiful narration. It is nice to describe the way the players complain about another player who is harming them. Maybe , this way , can get rid of bad players. What do you say?

I am following the paths to report;

1- I receive video recording during the game.

2- I upload a video to youtube.

3- Finally I login to the report system and report with video link.

Report using these ways for players who are ramming you and who breaking the rules. Everything will be better on this count. However report what is really out of order.

• Thanks 1

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

8 hours ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

That great guide. This help a lot of people :) 

But if your computer is strong enough, you can try using save and load in game (don't need F7+Enter)

These are the worst kind of people. Don't spawn in front of the other players! :P 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Waist of time... Today some kid, to young to own a licence or any on the road expirience, was trying to teach how to drive. He start from long horn signal, when I was just after a crash with my emergency lights on. Not even notice my lights and a 3 becons!

You can produce hundrets of topics like that on a forum but this is pointles, till moderators will not start do serious police work.

1st - longer term bans! Taking a time and reporting a players, just to give a guy ban for 4 days in pointles imo. Bans should be much longer, 7days min. especially on a simulation aimed servers.

11 minutes ago, Muhic said:

If you want to be a good truck driver , you gotta be a good man. ^_^

Good attitude is what i look for instead (in my opinion) good attitude leads to success, and how to talk to a person the right way when they ram you. So i call that a good driver and a few other things..:D

Kind regards,

-Arctic Wolf l Viva Trucking 

Stay happy and safe

If you are a good driver you would do this.

1. Open chat "/pinfo {userID}
  2. Copy the number down 
  3. upload the video to youtube
  4. send in a web report (in-game reports only stay for 10 minutes then it is removed off the system, web reports are better, they all are checked)
  5. Wait and see what a GM + says 

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

• 1 month later...

If I'm rammed in-game I do report in-game first, then I do a /pinfo in game. However, if the player that rammed me quits the game before I can do /pinfo, then I can't get his TruckersMP ID via that command.

That's when your logs come in handy! When you get out of the game head to your Documents/ETS2MP/logs. You'll see a bunch of log files in there, in order to get the ones for today, sort by date from newest first. The logs for that day will appear on top. The log file you're specifically after has this name format: log_spawning_day.month.year. I recommend opening this is Notepad++ and you can find the player that rammed you based on your footage, their TruckersMP ID (TMPID) is in that file.

Sample of that log file (if they had a trailer):

[11:08:58] Spawning GameTruck (ibeastiy(3546) - TMPID: 805695 - Tag: He's my president #) Additional data: 
[11:08:58] Spawning GameTrailer (ibeastiy(3546) - TMPID: 805695 - Tag: He's my president #) Additional data: 

Sample of that log file (if they didn't have a trailer):

[11:09:00] Spawning GameTruck (MarcineQ(1696) - TMPID: 1254517 - Tag: ) Additional data: 

~ TheDarkAngel7 ~

• 10 months later...

Well, i didn't see this advice. If you're using any kind of Nvidia product as a graphic card, use the shortcut "ALT+Z" and open the Instant Replay option. Keep it always opened. You can set up the time limit you want to record. After the crash, ramming, griefing etc. just use the shortcut and click on Instant Replay. Choose "Save". That's all. I did set the time as 5 minutes. It's fair enough for anything.

The common file path is: This PC > Videos > Euro Truck Simulator 2.

P.S: By the way, i'm using this feature to take highlight clips and making some game videos with that. It's pretty useful. 

Edited by kuzn8s
Added extra information

image.php?u=4694956&type=sigpic&dateline

• Business Analyst
3 hours ago, kuzn8s said:

Well, i didn't see this advice. If you're using any kind of Nvidia product as a graphic card, use the shortcut "ALT+Z" and open the Instant Replay option. Keep it always opened. You can set up the time limit you want to record. After the crash, ramming, griefing etc. just use the shortcut and click on Instant Replay. Choose "Save". That's all. I did set the time as 5 minutes. It's fair enough for anything.

I didn't know this, but this is great if you are not (or forgot to) recording. I mostly use "Windows key + ALT + R" to record in busy sections and "Windows key + ALT + G" to record my last 30 seconds (highlight flashback). 

The highlight flashback works even if you're not recording, but your method is more useful if you want a bigger 'flashback' :)

7 hours ago, Jeronimeau said:

I didn't know this, but this is great if you are not (or forgot to) recording. I mostly use "Windows key + ALT + R" to record in busy sections and "Windows key + ALT + G" to record my last 30 seconds (highlight flashback). 

The highlight flashback works even if you're not recording, but your method is more useful if you want a bigger 'flashback' :)

Yeah, you can set the time up to 20 minutes :blink:

image.php?u=4694956&type=sigpic&dateline

How do I record video? Had yesterday incident when a guy with triple trailer blocked my road on Norway bridge and start screaming something about love in French, he let everyone pass except me just for trolling. After 5 minutes of waiting .  I ask why does he do that and I wrote his ID in chat and he finally took off (seems to me he was scared some moderators will see ID).

Is there any code in console how I can get recordings from my last 30min driving or something similar? Just in case if next time trolls don't have fear

Best regards,

Aleks!

@AV696 There's no way to get video without external programs. If you have an nVidia GPU card, you can use GeForce Experience's Share feature, pressing Alt+Z brings up the GUI and there's an Instant Replay option. You can configure that to get video recordings of the last X minutes (up to 20, IIRC), choosing the video quality, etc. Once configured, you'll have a hotkey that allows you to get saved footage of what happened during the previous X minutes. If you don't have an nVidia compatible GPU (it must be GTX600 or higher) there are still programs that give you the same feature, OBS, Fraps, Overwolf...

• Upvote 2

• 8 months later...

Hello there,

This guide will be moved to the archive as we do not feel it is worth an entire guide. There are various other more updated and featured guides on reporting users, using the in-game commands etc so we do not feel a need for this.

- Phon

TruckersMP Community Manager