Question about the Recruitment / Report system on website

Hey,

I want to implement an system for the reqruitment on my own website like the one on the website of TruckersMP. Was the system for the recruitment & reports created with own codes from the developers or is there any template or hoster on the internet who can provide such an system with accepted/declined/modified, ... ,with comment function & with rights allocation (that only the owner of his/her recruitment can see comments from upper staff)?

I hope I have explained it well enough. If not, feel free to ask here again :)

Thank you for your answers!

Edited by grundi2601
spelling mistake

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

14 hours ago, HumaneWolf said:

Our report and recruitment systens were developed by us, for our own use. A similar premade recruitment system might exist, but i can't point you to a good and free one.

Okay, thank you very much for your answer. I have to say: Very good work! :)

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

• 2 months later...
On 11/05/2018 at 2:31 PM, grundi2601 said:

Hey,

I want to implement an system for the reqruitment on my own website like the one on the website of TruckersMP. Was the system for the recruitment & reports created with own codes from the developers or is there any template or hoster on the internet who can provide such an system with accepted/declined/modified, ... ,with comment function & with rights allocation (that only the owner of his/her recruitment can see comments from upper staff)?

I hope I have explained it well enough. If not, feel free to ask here again :)

Thank you for your answers!

I know you state something like TMP's recruitment page.

I have done my own version of a recruitment page using PHP, MYSQL database and a custom VTC panel I made (to toggle on and off, but contains more than this). With the correct planning and dedication you can make something simple yet that works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mV7R3Lk.png 

Into Code

• 3 months later...
  • Web Developer

System like this one doesn't require a large amount of time, to do it by yourself.
You just need some knowledge about HTML/CSS + (easiest way) PHP and MySQL.

The design of the system can be easily (and fast) done with Bootstrap CSS Framework. TruckersMP also uses Bootstrap, like many websites do. However, a good knowledge of HTML and CSS is required.

For the properly working of the system, the easiest way would be combo PHP + MySQL. Recruitment / Report is a form, that will be send to database, after you click submit. Database is storing your nickname, application content, status of the application etc. 

For example, you sent a form:
Position: Super Moderator
Why would you like to join the team: Because, I like to be super.

How does it look in database (just simple example):
app_id: 23359
applicant_age: 19
applicant_position: Super Moderator
applicant_reason: Because, I like to be super
applicant_name: (If you were logged in while sending a formular, the string here will probably contains your's nickname)
app_status: New
+ few other things, like for example Timestamp, etc

When a recruiter has reviewed the application and decided to decline it, the record in database called "app_status: New" will change to "app_status: Declined".

Here we just come with PHP,

(very primitive example)

if (app_status == "declined") {
    do some things, like (Send E-mail with status taken from database)

change "app_status" from "new" to "declined"

etc.
}

And because it's dynamic (Data is taking from database, not definied by Developer (Static) ), you will also see, that status of your application has changed. 

I tried to clarify you this as best as I could. I think it's understable for you. However if you have any further inquiries, you can contact me via DM.

^ and to add to this, it's better to use a framework such as laravel and not try to do it without framework... I did it in past and I took so many times...

• Web Developer
4 hours ago, Caernage said:

^ and to add to this, it's better to use a framework such as laravel and not try to do it without framework... I did it in past and I took so many times...

Of course frameworks are making Dev's Job faster and easier. However to use Frameworks, a knowledge of the basic language is required. It's like with HTML / CSS. You shouldn't start with Bootstrap.

If the OP has basic knowledge in PHP, knows what is he coding, I would also recommend to use Laravel for scripts like this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.