Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[SCS Blog] Peterborough Truckfest Fun

SCS Blog

A quick field report from Truckfest Peterborough - it's huge! There are so many trucks and so many people here. We apologize for the long waiting times in the queue for our sim trailer, but the interest is really high. We have met many fabulous people from the truck sim fan community, hopefully, more of you will show up tomorrow. The weather is great, maybe too sunny actually!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Follow us on SCS Software's Instagram and Twitter for real-time coverage from the event.
DrPUQLFpxkU

View the full article

• Like 5

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

Was absolutely A superb day.

I went to the Truckfest with my friend and my parents. The traffic was horrific but we managed to get through and parked, once we parked we went into the gates where we would have to show our tickets and then we headed to get a drink ready for a long trip around the arena. There were massive amounts of people that I didn't expect it to be that much. Once we got our drinks we had to think of a plan and stuff. We then split up from my Mum & Dad and me and my friend went to go look round. As soon as you enter you come into like a little showroom kinda thing where you would see classic cars. Cars like, Classic Ford Mustang, Pontiac Trans Am, Chevrolet pick up trucks and I thin Ford F-100's? We looked around and we also found long nosed Scanias which was really cool. At the time it had the bonnet closed so we couldn't see the v8 which was hiding underneath but it was absolutely superb and it looked incredible. Anyways, after further inspection of the showroom we headed outside to try and find the SCS booth because at that point it was my main objective xD But in all seriousness we looked outside and there was nothing but massive amounts of people it was unreal. Me and my friend decided to discuss which way we wanted to go and we both agreed to go to american trucks first. You had W900's and T900's which was so cool looking underneath the bonnet. The engine was massive. I will leave pictures down below so you can have a look in case you did not go to the truckfest. Anyways, after that we moved further up and we went round looking at all different kind of trucks. From DAF to Kenworth to Scania to Volvo etc. I must admit, all the trucks looked so cool but unfortunately because of how bad my iPhone battery is I was only limited to a certain time for taking pictures before my phone was dead. 

After further looking we thought it would be a good idea to go round and find an ice cream van or something just to keep us cool as it was very, very hot. About 28 Degrees today from what I have heard, I had my favorite Ice Cream and that was a Screwball! You can't beat a Screwball, In case you don't know what a Screwball is. It's basically in a cone shaped cup or something similar with a little round sphere at the bottom for the space of the bubble gum which is down beneath. However, whilst we was waiting in queue, I looked round and looked at all the trucks which were behind me. There was a Military truck behind us as well as other things like a Racing truck. We also found some pretty neat new Scanias. Anyways, I asked my friend to see if he would like to go view the racing truck but first he wanted to get a glimpse of the Military truck as the thing was loud. So we walked over and you couldn't time it any better. By the time we walked over they turned off the engine xD but on the trailers it had some army land rovers which looked cool. Anyways, after looking at the military truck, we took a stroll to the racing truck which was incredible to see in person. Trophies were in the cab and you could tell it was an actual racing truck because of how much damage it had. I managed to get a photo of it and me and my friend discussed as well as questioned how many races it could of won. 

Anyways, we continued further up the road where we spotted the SCS truck. We walked down and it was absolutely amazing to see a familiar face which was @London Truckers.FM At the time I didn't actually see what @Digital looked like until he awkwardly introduced himself as well @Forerunner But I didn't find out it was actually him until shortly after Fore disappeared. xD  But at the same time of meeting London & Digital for the first time they was about to take a photo with with Squirrel  as well as Forerunner which you can see above. Those were taken this morning around 11 AM. After that I managed to speak to London and Digital and we discussed how the Truckfest was going so far as well as taking a moment of time to appreciate how many people came out to this wonderful Truckfest. And at the time I was speaking to London, I managed to see a smoke in the air as well as hear a loud jet engine. I honestly thought that RAF was behind the arena xD But it happened to be the Volkswagen Camper van with a jet engine at the back of it which looked so good. So I said to London I will be back in a bit and me and my friend walked over to the main arena to find out that the Volkswagen left the court and 2 Scania trucks came rolling in because there were celebs From Ice Road Truckers & Outback Truckers going head to head. At this point it was Austrailia vs. America and their challenge was to see how much water they could get into a bucket using the equipment on the truck which they never used before. (Basically an operational hook) And lets put it this way. Both of the teams cheated by either taking each others water or knocking the water out the bucket xD It was really good and funny and I really enjoyed it. 

Soon after, my friend was feeling a bit... peckish so we decided to head back out the main arena as there was going to be a Monster Jam kind of thingy in 15 minutes time. This is where things got interesting. Over time whilst we was in the main Arena the Truckfest got a lot busier. We went out to find some food and you could find stalls with nothing but loads of people queuing up to get some food. So, we headed back to the SCS trailer and there happens to be a kind of BBQ place across from the SCS trailer so we headed to go get some chips. The chips are good but unfortunately they was not worth the money at all. £3.00 For a small portion of chips which I found horrendous. But it was something to eat so it didn't bother me that much. I went back to the SCS trailer to see if London or Digital would like to come watch the Monster trucks which London told me he was going to get some dinner soon with the SCS group and might come join later where as Digital came with us to go watch the Monster trucks. By the time we got back into the arena we found out that the Ice Road Trucker was giving away his own pair of Sunglasses which was absolutely incredible I do admit. The amount of enthusiasm from all the crowd was sooo good which made things a lot more interesting. Everyone had to scream out that they wanted the Sunglasses and they continuously teased the crowd by convincing them to shout louder. Then they finally picked a winner. After that the crowd had to scream to get the Monster Trucks out and they came out loud and slow at the start and they was going round the track and the drivers were waving at the crowd which then they parked up in front and got out so they can introduce themselves. If I remember correctly one of them was called Tony and I can't remember the other one. But I remember that both of trucks were called Sling Shot and Swamp Thing. Their objective was to run over 5 cars. 3 Vauxhall Astra's 1 Ford Focus Sedan and 1 Citreon Xsara Picasso. I do happen to have a recording of it. I will try and get it uploaded but it maybe copyrighted cause I was standing next to the speakers. But the show was absolutely amazing seeing Monster Trucks fly over the cars as well as pulling wheelies :P 

Shortly after the show Digital went back to the SCS stand I believe and me and my friend went to go get a drink. We walked around to view some more trucks and we also went back to the SCS stand. I mean come on, Who wouldn't want to play Euro Truck Simulator 2? Which then I took a photo of the front of the truck and as well take a photo of the back. And I noticed that it was a Krone trailer. In case you guys didn't know SCS are planning on bringing Krone trailers to ETS2 and getting everything setup. But we noticed the queue was quite long so we disappeared again as I had a text from my Dad wondering where we were. Unfortunately the signal and wifi was absolutely terrible within the Arena so I couldn't text back but luckily whilst I tried ringing him I saw my mum and dad walking towards us which then we stopped and talked to them and discussed things which we've seen and what we did, then all of a sudden I fell a sudden pat on my back and I turned around. Turns out StevenK (StevenKiberton) came to say hello. We discussed on what we're doing and how we were enjoying the truckfest and what we seen so far. It was good to see Steven and so many other people. After we said see you in a bit me and my family and my friend went to go get a drink just from any stall and it was so difficult to find a good stall with a decent cold drink. We found a Doughnut stall a few feet from the Truckfest Corner shop which then I went to go get a drink as well as my friend. Then My dad went to the fish and chips stall across the road where we were standing and got a drink. We got a drink and we decided whats going to happen next. My friend unfortunately got sun burnt on his shoulders as he was wearing a vest so me and my friend decided to head back to his car to get a T-shirt but he decided to head off home as it's his Birthday tomorrow and he needed to get his car wash and cleaned ready for Cadwell tomorrow but it took us half an hour to an hour just to find the car itself. It was so hard to find in 100's of cars. But we managed to spot a lot of good cars out there like a Ford Mustang, Audi R8, Ford Focus ST and Hyundai i30 N. We managed to find the car and we sat in it for about 5-10 minutes and then he shooted off home and I went to go find my parents. Now, my mission was to get on the simulation ride before the end of the day.

Me and my parents went to go get an Ice Cream and I was gagging for another drink (Don't blame me, blame the weather) But shortly after I went back to the SCS trailer and waited in line for it with Digital. My legs haven't hurted sooo much before whilst standing up as we were waiting in the queue for a good hour and a half. Me and Digital was discussing things, it gave me enough time to actually introduce my mum and dad to Digital xD but we were discussing as we were focusing on the screens where they are actually driving and I was debating as it's an edited part of Vive La France from start to finish but I didn't know it was France, I actually thought it was the new DLC which it wasn't. But Digital went first and I went after, there were 2 rides and we were both back to back driving a cheeky Merc from one place to another but.... Here comes the best part which ended my day the best way possible. Digital finished before me and normally someone else would go next straight after Digital but no. The SCS devs didn't let anyone else on yet until I finished. I forgot to mention whilst me and Digi were driving they gave us both free goodies which I would have to say a massive thank you to SCS for that. That was out of the blue and I didn't expect any of it and it was really awesome for them to do that. But before i went on the ride London was texting me via Slack with somewhat kind of creepy comments saying "I can see you" :troll: but London was in the office of the trailer with Pavel. He came out and watched me drive with Pavel and everyone was just watching me drive which was absolutely nerve racking. But apart from that, after I had my go I thought I would finish and just go down and talk to my parents for a bit, Nah. Digital called me back up so me, London & Digital had a photo with the SCS staff and they were nothing but a good bunch of people and I enjoyed it so much. After the photo Digital head home whilst I decided to introduce my parents to London. 

Now, if it wasn't for London and TFM I wouldn't actually be where I am today. So I must firstly thank @London Truckers.FM for everything because it's just amazing what he has done over the years of me knowing and over the past year and 4 months of me being at TFM. He's done an incredible job with the station and to see how far the station got is absolutely amazing so much love for you London. But my parents were very happy with meeting London and we were discussing about merch and other things like how TFM became a thing and why London did what he does best in the first place. We were just chatting about TFM really but my parents were very pleased with meeting London. And that pretty much sums up my day at Truckfest 2018. Apart from after I went to go get a Bomber Jacket as well as a T-shirt from the Truckfest store which looks really nice.

But in all seriousness I am really hoping to go back next year so if you guys wanna go and come and meet us then come! It was amazing day and it was worth every single penny. This day was mainly for my 18th Birthday. It's not my Birthday yet but it will be soon so I thought I would celebrate my 18th by going to Truckfest 2018 and I loved every single part of it. And I would like to personally thank SCS, Digital & London for all of it really. It definitely made me happy and it's probably one of the best days in my entire life. I will definitely remember this day and I will never forget it. If you guys are happening to go to the Truckfest 2018 tomorrow. Make sure to go meet London and the SCS crew as well try and find @Forerunner because he's about tomorrow. Go up and say hello :)  He doesn't bite. But apart from that Truckfest 2018 is over for me Until next year. Truckfest 2019, lets go! 

Photos taken: https://imgur.com/gallery/Dd2XYuQ

(Last Photo is Credited to London) 

EDIT: This is me @London Truckers.FM & @Digital having a pic with the SCS lads :P As well as our TMP community members and some of our other DJ's :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1
  • Woah! 1

It was an incredible experience to meet so many great people such as @WTLVTC - Smalley, @London Truckers.FM, @Forerunner, Squirrel, Pavel Šebor and the rest of the SCS Software crew! We had some great discussions, especially the guys that gave me Feedback about TruckersMP in-person, and how Pavel told me that he has a lot of emails regarding bans from here... :troll:

The motion sim trailer was a lot of fun, although admitted I did crash. It's entirely different than my G920. :P SCS appreciate the work we do in TruckersMP and gave us free ETS2 goodies! I also bought a cool Scania mug and key chain, you can see them here. We got in a lot of pictures and it's cool to be seen in the blogpost! The whole day was a great laugh, I'm looking forward to next years! Until then, keep on truckin'

• Like 3

Honestly, it has been a exhausting, hot, sweaty but such a worthwhile and fun weekend meeting everybody. I wasn't expecting such a large turnout out from the ETS2 community, let alone the TruckersMP one. 

With the likes of @Forerunner @Digital @TFM DJ George (a saaaah dude) @WTLVTC - Smalley @Minion_josh_ @Jaksims FlatCapRob and so many more!

a HUGE thank you goes out to the SCS Software team. Who organised this trip, made it all happen, and then invited myself to represent our community station (Truckers.FM) alongside them at the stand!
It was so awesome to work with the SCS Software crew including CEO Pavel Sebor who was there the whole weekend! To be a guest with them, who accepted me like family and put up with me for the weekend!
If you ever get the chance to meet them, they are really awesome guys and they love what they do, and really loving meeting the community!

Thank you all for stopping by, and showing your community spirit, as well as representing the TMP community. The team know we have something special here, and it was fantastic to put usernames to faces!

Lots and lots of photos tweeted and Retweeted at our twitter! 
http://www.Twitter.com/TruckersFM

7 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

SO whos who in the pic of everyone, i know who paul & pavel are but thats it 

Your's truly can be seen here! vvv

dRHKzAN.png

• Woah! 1

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

2 hours ago, London Truckers.FM said:

Honestly, it has been a exhausting, hot, sweaty but such a worthwhile and fun weekend meeting everybody. I wasn't expecting such a large turnout out from the ETS2 community, let alone the TruckersMP one. 

With the likes of @Forerunner @Digital @TFM DJ George (a saaaah dude) @WTLVTC - Smalley @Minion_josh_ @Jaksims FlatCapRob and so many more!

a HUGE thank you goes out to the SCS Software team. Who organised this trip, made it all happen, and then invited myself to represent our community station (Truckers.FM) alongside them at the stand!
It was so awesome to work with the SCS Software crew including CEO Pavel Sebor who was there the whole weekend! To be a guest with them, who accepted me like family and put up with me for the weekend!
If you ever get the chance to meet them, they are really awesome guys and they love what they do, and really loving meeting the community!

Thank you all for stopping by, and showing your community spirit, as well as representing the TMP community. The team know we have something special here, and it was fantastic to put usernames to faces!

Lots and lots of photos tweeted and Retweeted at our twitter! 
http://www.Twitter.com/TruckersFM

Your's truly can be seen here! vvv

dRHKzAN.png

HIya B)

My guess is the two guys behind in blue TruckersMP tops are Digital & Forerunner? I see you have a top on with it too

Edited by ScaniaFan89
adding stuff

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic