• Announcements

• LIGHTOFGOD

Active Recruitments   02/27/18

Support Recruitment:     Add-On Team Recruitment:     Translator Recruitment:     Social Media Team Recruitment:     Community Moderator Team Recruitment:  
Atlasator

Do you have good language skills?

36 minutes ago, Canis Latrans said:

I speak Portuguese, English and a bit of Spanish and French. English is the easier to learn 

I only really English.

I always thought that people say English is much harder to learn than other languages, it's interesting you say it's easier.

• Like 1

Only Bulgarian and English, but i don't have many practice of speaking English, i learned English before 13 years in school and after that from computer (everyday something new). Now i mostly write in English, i speak rare.

• Upvote 1

My native language is French.

I've learned English by myself when I was a kid by playing video games (online via the "first" PSN, back on PS2, I listened to people and tried to understand what they were talking about etc...) and by watching movies in French first, then in VO with FR subtitles and finally in VO without subtitles.

Once at school I was already able to speak English with a decent level.

• Like 1

My native language is Finnish but I've always been interested in English. Some people say that it's a hard language. However, I personally think that English is a pretty simple language.  

I can also speak and write Swedish very well. :)

I’m bilingual. My native language is Dutch, but I am also nearly fluent in English.

Besides Dutch and English, I can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read in German - but I still have difficulties speaking this language.

My native language is English, but also speak Spanish and a little Portuguese (since they are similar in areas).

I grew up in Spain hence why I speak Spanish. It's a great language to speak, but very hard to learn at the start.

Being able to speak more than one language is a massive benefit in life; one is fine, but being able to speak multiple is helpful in countless situations.

• Like 1
  • True Story 2

native german, 60-80% english, i can most of the times reading germanic languages but cant speak/write them (swedish, dutch, norwegan,densk).

55 minutes ago, _Broker_ said:

My main language is Latvian but I also speak very good Russian and English and little bit of German :) 

I would love to learn Russian, but it feels like a complex language, partly because it doesn't use the Latin alphabet. It will be a struggle for me to learn a new one.

5 hours ago, StickyEagle said:

I would love to learn Russian, but it feels like a complex language, partly because it doesn't use the Latin alphabet. It will be a struggle for me to learn a new one.

We are the ones that use the Latin alphabet actually. Russian uses the Cyrillic alphabet and I can tell you learning it will make you feel like you're dyslectic at first. Unfortunately it's also the easiest part of learning Russian, it's the grammar that will drive you nuts.

Anyway back on topic, my language skill levels are as follows:

Dutch -> Native

English -> Near Native

Norwegian (Bokmål) -> Fluent

German -> Good

French, Spanish, Russian ->  Basic

11 hours ago, StickyEagle said:

Well the Russian ''Alphabet'' is hard to learn but I am using Latin words to communicate with Russian people the main thing is just to know the language. 

I speak English and am currently learning French in school. Sometimes it's very useful to know a language as I often travel around the world :P 

• Like 1