What do you use to record gameplay?

SupiUK

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, cFerguson said:

Is this subscription based, or free?

It is free. As long as you have an Nvidia GPU, it can be used. It used to be called Shadowplay, but now its just branded as Geforce Experience.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

• Game Developer

I use Plays.TV because it is free and it has also bookmarks. So it is very easy to work with clips then. ^_^

On the other hand Bandicam is very useful, too. It does not need good hardware and it can still make videos with great quality with smallest impact at FPS.

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer

If you mean for reporting people then OBS + Twitch is perfect.. VOD's stay forever and you even have tool to create clips quickly (and Clips also stay forever in case you need to report people)

0 impact on FPS using Quicksync encoder, quality is good enough. Sample: https://clips.twitch.tv/PlayfulBashfulEggnogYouDontSay

¬ CPU: Intel i5-4690 ¬ MOBO: GA-B85M-D3H ¬ RAM: Crucial Ballistix LP 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL8 (7-7-8-18 1600MHz 1.45v) ¬
¬ GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1060 AMP! 6GB (@1902 / 2202MHz) ¬ HDD: Seagate 2TB ST2000DM001 ¬ PSU: Cooler Master G550M ¬

76561197984728947.png

On 29.4.2018 at 9:59 PM, JeffSFC said:

I use GeForce Experience to record my gameplay. I have it set on a 1 minute replay buffer and I can also record manually with a hotkey as well.

Hey, @AaronLTA,

if your rig is not good enough and does not have a GeForce graphics card, you should get the alternatives of the people who have posted above. However, if you have such a powerful graphics card, you should definitely go for that recording software since it does not decrease the FPS, at all.

On 2.5.2018 at 11:35 PM, AaronLTA said:

I’ve opted for playstv

Since you are using this, I assume that the above-mentioned graphics card is not available to you which is a pity. If you decide to get a new computer ever, you should certainly go for a GeForce graphics car :) If you like the current program, I doubt that you want to change it, though. It also heavily depends on your usage. For my purposes, GF Experience is perfect.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Community Manager

Archived