What do you use to record gameplay?

SupiUK

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), it's very simple to use, it's free and the fps don't drop when I'm playing ETS 2 or ATS. 

Also, if you're looking for a video cutter, I use bandicut, its free and simple to use.

I use GeForce Experience to record my gameplay. I have it set on a 1 minute replay buffer and I can also record manually with a hotkey as well.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I used to use Bandicam to record my stuff as it is quite good. After that I used OBS to record, but the file sizes are quite big for HQ video. As far as a recording software to report players and what not I use Nvidia Shadowplay. It's really good and has no system impact for me. Although, sometimes it doesn't always works with ETS2 for some strange reason. 

I use a Nvidia Shadowplay. Because this is the program of my display card, highly fluent. Recommendable.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

I am using Nvidia Shadowplay. It has the best quality in my view. This program is easy to use and a great benifit is that I don't always have to record because I am using a replay buffer. Incase I want to have the last in my case 1 minute and 30 seconds I just press ALT+F1 and the clip is saved then. The time of the replay can be changed.

TruckersMP in-game status:status.png

Driver for:                       logo.png

NVIDIA Shadowplay and OBS are both free and demand very little from your PC

The interface of Shadowplay wouldn't work on my PC, but if it works for you, go with Shadowplay for ease of use.

Currently have an Elgato but I have my MacBook to record the gameplay, edit and upload.

It's not as ideal as the previously mentioned posts but I also use the same setup for recording console so works for me.

YouTube Channel  Twitter  Twitch

I do record for compilation videos so any clips you have, submit them to [email protected]

EuroTruck Simulator 2 - Funny & Idiotic Multiplayer Moments #3

I am using Xsplit Gamecaster premium version.1 year back i used Nvidia Shadowplay for recording everything was good but its takes more space for recording in hard-disk.  but Xsplit Gamecaster compresses the size of recording video and quality looks same. its user friendly software. can easily edit videos and upload in youtube. TiE0XaG.gif

UxiKSFa.png

I am currently using NVIDIA ShadowPlay to record my gameplay. Truly the best program to use and it is free! :)

Hello

When I was Game Moderator, I have used Bandicam due to my pc, my pc is not a NASA's pc :'( but the only recorder of gameplay that it don't crash after 5 minutes or the only recorder that it's too easy to use it, it's Bandicam in my opinion if you have a "bad" pc like me but I'm so sure that there is another recorder better than mine :truestory: .

Regards,

Caernage

If your computer's graphics card is an NVIDIA one which does support GeForce Experience Shadowplay, I highly recommend it as it does not wear down your physical disks with constant writing/rewriting/deleting and only saves videos when you tell it to through a hotkey (as others have mentioned above). If you do not have this ability, I would recommend something lightweight like OBS or Bandicam. Based on your statement about your computer not being really "that great," I would also recommend not using a heavy program like Fraps, which is constantly writing/rewriting large-uncompressed files to your physical disks (and isn't really that good for the overall hard drive's health). 

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

Archived