Best Acceleration in Trucks with normal Cargo

BanneD_

1 hour ago, BanneD_ said:

Yes i think so too but what transmission and chassis should i use to maximize the efficiency?

Id say Either Scania or Volvo with the best engine and then you get to the point of demonising returns. 

If if you use automatic make sure your in “High Power” mode on the controls options to get the most.

However I’m pretty sure manual is faster so you can control gear skipping. For which I suggest 12 speed use even split only. (2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12.) Also having clutch enabled is slower. (You can just make it unassigned in options)

Chassis make no real difference as long as it’s not 8x4.

Hope that’s some help.

Hello;

I like to play realistic, my answer is Daf. (According to me.)

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

On 4/28/2018 at 3:35 PM, BanneD_ said:

Yes i think so too but what transmission and chassis should i use to maximize the efficiency?

I went into a lot of detail in another post about how to reach top speed, but I didn't talk about acceleration.

I've been doing a lot of testing on Scanias with different transmissions and for regular loads, I've found the 6 speed automatic is actually the fastest. Due to the gearing, it runs out of breath once it hits 6th gear, but 1st - 5th are ridiculously fast. Plus there's zero delay in shifts because it's a true automatic with a torque converter instead of a clutch. Likewise, because of the torque converter, you can start from a dead stop in 6th gear with no load and accelerate about as well as shifting through all the gears. It has quickly become my favorite transmission no matter what I'm doing because of the low end torque.

I feel like the Scania's are faster than the Volvo's even though they have 20hp more. (if both equipped with the largest engine)

For pure speed, I would go for an old gen Scania R730 with a 6 speed gearbox. 

For more realism, I would go for a new gen Scania S730 with a 12 speed.

if real world physics are included in the game don't just assume that the biggest HP engine is the most powerful. When pulling loads you need to also look at Torque. This is the power figure that determines the strength of the engine.

best way to describe it is compare a supercar say a buggati veron with a HGV. The Bugatti has way more BHP than the truck but the truck has more Torque. Yet, stick a 15 tonne heavy weight on the back and the buggati will just spin its wheels and not get anywhere. Hitch the same load the HGV and normal service resumes. 

In an unloaded drag race, we know whose going to win that.

So, without getting all engineering on you, its to do with how that 'power' is produced. The biggest HP truck needn't actually be the fastest accelerating with a heavy load. Then we haven't even got into gearing etc In short, play about with the different combination and see what works best. The fastest truck I found for normal cargo actually used a 420bhp engine!

Archived