Scout Car Rework & Bug Fixes

Finally! Thank you forerunner! :wub:

Good some improvements that I will mention:
- Improvement in brakes
- Different skins for pilot
- LED headlights, replacing the old for both police and pilot.
- To repair the of car gear shift that got a bug in the automatic function.

Basic and important changes, especially the gearshift could come in the next update if you can. ^_^

• Upvote 1

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

Maybe a 5 speed transmission added, new sounds for engines like quieter engine volume as it's very loud, and maybe the interior dashboard view as it's currently using a Scania one, maybe it's possible to have a custom one for the scout that suits it better.

And the windscreen/windshield wipers need to be done so they actually work and not just move without getting rid of the rain. The braking needs sorting out too which i think you will be doing ;).

the rear-view mirror isn't just showing seats and shows what's behind the car, the RPM to red-line and not just stop before it, makes it more realistic and better. The speedometer (Speed gauge) changed to be lower speeds due to speed limiter.

That's all my suggestions and i hope the Scout car will be much better in the future :D

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

cmgeow.pngbanner

Heya.

This afternoon I tried a Scout with caravan and I found that when turning tight around 80 degrees to the caravan whilst practicing some reversing onto a dock with the caravan, I noticed that after about 70 degrees, the caravan damages the car and car damages the caravan, this I think could be remedied by adding a coupling tow bar which would move the damage triangle of the A-frame at the front of the caravan to behind the damage box of the Scout that is pulling it.  Also a tow hitch would also make it a lot easier to hitch up as you would be able to see the coupling point. 

Also can we have the auto transmission back please.

On 30/05/2018 at 5:00 PM, SgtBreadStick said:

Maybe a 5 speed transmission added, new sounds for engines like quieter engine volume as it's very loud, and maybe the interior dashboard view as it's currently using a Scania one, maybe it's possible to have a custom one for the scout that suits it better.

And the windscreen/windshield wipers need to be done so they actually work and not just move without getting rid of the rain. The braking needs sorting out too which i think you will be doing ;).

the rear-view mirror isn't just showing seats and shows what's behind the car, the RPM to red-line and not just stop before it, makes it more realistic and better. The speedometer (Speed gauge) changed to be lower speeds due to speed limiter.

That's all my suggestions and i hope the Scout car will be much better in the future :D

Why add a 5-speed transmission? VAG products are mostly 6 speed, 5 speed would just mean worse performance due to longer gear ratios.

suggestion name: scout costomizations and scout trailers.

suggestion description: Customazations

Hi. I would suggest wheel customizations for the scout/skoda. Currently there is only one tire, rim and so on but o would like some more alternatives. It                        would also be cool with yellow or orange leds for the pilot cars. It would also be cool if you could cstomize the colocrs of the pilot skin. A new hood                              with a air intake and a less flat car. Maybe even a van as a new car. These vans if added would it would be more fun if each company had a own van.                           Maybe a bit to much but it would be awesome to have.

Trailers

A small flatbed or a small utility trailer for the cars(maybe vans). These utility trailers couldbe fitted with small excevators or lawnmovers. The flatbeds                          could be loaded with concrete blocks or planks.

Any example images: image.png.ff7daba36bcfc421bc117b4926a21b1f.pngimage.png.06e2f83216dae8494f6933b150a725a1.pngimage.png.00bf7a391aa86b3d5aa5f6622617517f.pngimage.png.a59a6305c9b7a46cbb60e0bb634b9a37.png

Why should it be added: Currently there is not relly a reson to drive the scout but i more stuff for it is added i gets more fun and cooler to drive.

sorry for bad spelling. =(

5 hours ago, belmemes said:

Currently, when the Scout shifts between gears, it's very choppy. It momentarily pauses between gears and then shifts, even in automatic mode. This is annoying and unrealistic. Please fix it, thanks.

It shifts like a truck because it is one, also unless you have one of those flappy paddle gearboxes that have several clutches you will pause otherwise you shred the gear & over rev the engine 

• Haha 1

today I tried out the Scout again with the brakes turned up a bit, one thing I noticed is the CB microphone and cable is buried in the dash, this ruins the interior for me and probably for every one else too.  In addition to this, you also need a towbar added. 

can you also make the bumper spots work (using F4 lower aux light option) please

now given that I am a sim gamer and have many times come to disagreements over the Scout and its usage, this may seem a strange request but I also understand that people actually love the scout car,

can you work the SCS stock paint schemes into the Scout car, such as Blades, Sade, etc. 

add external tuning accessories such as rear spoiler, under floor neons, perhaps even a bull bar for our Aussie players.(as link shows http://boomerbullbars.typepad.com/.a/6a0153924291c1970b0162fe4a725a970d-pi )

15, 16 and 18 inch rims with appropriate tyres, (with the ability to colour the writing if you want),

roof mounted aux spotlights (activate F4)

clear and coloured tail light options

roof slots for:

Pilot lights

Pilot lights + CB Antenna

Police lights

Police lights + CB antenna

CB antenna

General Lee style paint scheme too would go nice as well (yes I know its not a dodge challenger)

Hi, the other day I managed to edit some things about the Scout that I don't really like. For instance, I edited the wheels and the skin. Obviously this is not allowed in MP currently, am I right? 
I hope someone will make these kind of changes so players could enjoy driving the car in ETS2.
Have a nice day

20180613111800_1.jpg

• Woah! 1

🚚 Former Driver at Red Line Cargo 🚚

mzEdwA2.png

Hello,

After a long time of development, we thank you for all your suggestions and we hope to implement many of them. It was very kind of you to support us with many ideas, hints and problems you have encountered while using that Scout car. In that sense, please remain patient until the necessary changes are being made.

Meanwhile, this topic is being locked as every necessary information has been gathered already. Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Community Manager

//Locked

• Guest locked this topic