Scout Car Rework & Bug Fixes

truckersmp-logo.png

After the Scout car has been introduced in 2016, TruckersMP has finally decided to fix bugs and rework some attributes of that car. Our game developer has agreed that @Forerunner can modify the car and add desired options to it so that the public can enjoy it even more! Over the years we have, of course, received countless suggestions aimed at making that car better. While it is not possible to add and change everything that was suggested, there are still many things you will be happy about.

Beneath, a list of the planned changes can be found:

• Fixing the Scout car's physics;
  • Fixing the outside mirror bug;
  • Fixing the inside mirror's field of view;
  • Fixing the gear change issue with the automatic transmission.

• Adjusting pilot paint job (ability to change colours);
  • Adjusting default wheels to allow for colour change.

• Adding an attachable mirror for the Caravan;
  • Adding a single orange Pilot beacon (like the police one);
  • Adding little orange Pilot strobes (like the police);
  • Adding Cabin Accessories compatibility (dashboard set only).

We hope that you will like these planned changes! While we know that not everybody can be satisfied by that, we want to get your input! In this topic, please ONLY comment if you have a suggestion what else can be added. Please include a link to a possibly already existing modification, so Forerunner can better imagine what it is about. Because I know that many people will not take the time to read what I wrote here, the rules of this topic in short:

Topic Rules

• No comments unless they add an idea/suggestion/wish;
  • No useless posting such as "+1" or "I like it";
  • Upvote/Like the replies by people who suggested things;
  • Do not create other topics about that anymore, post your idea here!

Thank you all for your attention! Please honour Forerunner for that amazing job and appreciate his work!

The TruckersMP Community Management

+1
I really would love to see these things implemented. I actually spoke about this to Forerunner yesterday about adding these things. It will give a new fresh upgrade to how the cars operate. 

Suggestion: Maybe adding different or more up to date skins for the cars would be fun too.
Like different pilot schemes

• Skin including words like `Wide Load` on the bonnet and Rear bumper
  • Maybe printing Arrows on the side of cars so in convoys the car is facing towards the direction of travel?

and possibly adding maybe Country schemes for police skins.

Edited by DJ Jefferz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 12

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

+1
Thank you so much TruckersMP :) I wish the brakes could be improved as I have to have my brake sensitivity on 100% just so I can drive let alone safe driving, I agree since the caravans where added the skodas have been easier to drive and I start to wonder why that is. But either way here's a few things I'd personally like changed to make it safer for players to drive.

Easier/ better braking,
More paint-jobs without save editing (if possible)
Different engine/transmission options to add a bit of personal touch,
more light-bars (As stated, but more would be appreciated and loved),

Better fuel economy/bigger fuel tank sizes (Means you don't need to fuel up every 30 mins in real time, especially with the 2.0L engine, 1.8 isn't much better)
Possibly different interior options (Once again, if possible)

Thanks for your time and thanks to @Forerunner who which is modifying these brilliant additions to the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

Glad to hear the car will finally receive some much needed attention. I agree with everything listed above, as they are the most critical things that could stand a fix or upgrade.

Lastly, I have heard many complaints about the windshield wipers not actually doing their job in the RHD version of the car. Being American myself, I do not usually have a reason to use this version of the interior, since it feels awkward to me.

I decided to take it for a spin to see what all the talk was about, and sure enough, the bug still exists: 

I hope this can added to the list of things to be fixed soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

I would like to see the lights upgraded to fit the strobe effects of the special transport ones, i don't know why scs didn't do the default ones when they added that dlc! 

Another thing i would do is seriously reword the sound, the petrol engine is very loud & even at low volume it makes speakers vibrate which is annoying! Also the rpm counters need fixing, diesel's limit to 5000rpm or just over & petrol 6000-6500 ( normally ) or 6000 - 8000 rpm with sporty / race spec engines i.e RS, VRS spec

Spoiler

they also have a 3000rpm limit in neutral

5000rpm is standard for a tdi

Petrol engines are mainly around this 6500rpm, some are 7000rpm ( only higher if its a top spec performance model )

Forgot to mention the fuel usage needs fixing, unless you press esc while not moving the dam thing drinks fuel like an alcoholic that broke into a brewery

I would love to see the beacons in this style

Spoiler

Edited by ScaniaFan89
adding stuff
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

Some form of roof rack thingy for when you go "camping"

It could have basic camp stuff on it 

roof-rack-safety-250x150.jpg

like something like this

• Upvote 9

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

Nice that they are gonna be reworked! If Forerunner is gonna work about that, it will be awesome!

I really would like to see new engines, like the 1.4 TSI or 1.6 TDI. So there is a different scala on engines. 

I also would like that you can choose between 1 or 2 exhaust pipes. And that you can see a TSI or TDI logo.

Also would it be nice to see different interiors. Such as by the Volkswagen Golf 2013 (Comfortline and Highline). The Comfortline has a metallic/white theme/interior. The Highline has a glossy black interior/theme. I would like to see that (different and cheaper interiors). Aaand.. a 7 speed DSG for the realism. And a panorama roof in the car as option. Or maybe plastic (black) parts. 

And now I gonna stop XD

Image link (I can't post more images cuz of the limit): https://www.google.nl/search?newwindow=1&rlz=1C1ZKTG_nlNL793NL793&biw=1920&bih=900&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=KPjlWqjKLYPdwQKCzb3QCw&q=tdi+logo+skoda&oq=tdi+logo+skoda&gs_l=psy-ab.3...6131.6880.0.6982.6.6.0.0.0.0.85.244.5.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.2.126...0j0i30k1j0i5i30k1j0i8i30k1j0i24k1.0.ipy-FazZPs8#imgrc=TlfKcCfe-FZarM: (TDI logo)

I'm sorry for my messy message. 

Greetz

Spoiler

2014-volkswagen-golf-mk7-interior-dash.jpg

Edited by Anriandor
Added Spoiler.
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for reworking the Scout car, i totally miss a physics update on it.

I was wondering if the sound of the 160HP engine  is going to get reworked too as it's really loud for many players.

This is great :D

I would love to see another body option added for the car (like the different cabin size options on the trucks)

This is the Estate version of the car in MP :P

Spoiler

skoda__superb_estate__2013__008_530.jpgskoda_superb_est_track.jpg?itok=41TAkPsP

I know we will never get more cars in MP (not even reworked ai ones - I've heard thats impossible) but at least this way there would be a little bit of variety with the cars in MP :)

I'd also love if it was possible to be able to change the 2 colours of the pilot car

Edited by Anriandor
Added Spoiler.
  • Upvote 10

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

If no one has suggested this yet, I'd like to mention the floor texture on the Scout on ATS. One of the interior options is missing the floor texture since <insert big number of months here> and hasn't been fixed yet. Does it affect gameplay? Not at all. It's just a visual thing, after all, but it bothers a little.

Spoiler

URc208A.jpg

J94zr0c.jpg

In addition, add that American police skin @LSPD Gamer showed us a few months ago. That one would be perfect to use on ATS. I know its usage would be limited, but would be a nice addition, if possible.

246C17E5830630D0F222ED31E42A62603DFB6D39

• Upvote 2
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 2

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

^

The black one, yeh! That one looks the coolest. Though if you had one where the middle section of the car was white while the front and rear are black, that would be even cooler. Kinda like this Vic:

mtlPaQX.jpg[/spoiler/

EDIT: Now that I think of it, this idea wouldn't really work because of the "POLICE" text across the sides. XD So nevermind it. :P I don't really think that making part of the text black and and the other part white would really look very nice.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

-Various [paint,wheels,tires]

-Strong brake

-More stable quiet engine

-Caravans and other trailers

-Various differential chassis(FWD,AWD,RWD)