removal of the limiter on ats

The limiter should be fixed so that it only effects cities, not the highway in/around them. ETS2 has the same problem for some cities where you get brought down to 80 kmh on the highway despite it not even being part of the city.

• 1 month later...

removing the speed limiter on ats & players will want it removed on ets2 as well if they where going to remove the speed limiter tmp would of done it by now 

dont think it should be removed however i think they should be modified a bit, if they could be trimmed to not register on the interstates or highways, that would be good in my views. especially in las cruces. I avoid that city like a plague because it has a massive section of the interstate limited

• 1 month later...

I don't have anything against the limiter being there, but I do dislike being limited to a slower speed than what the truck speed limit is posted as. This also applies to the external contracts, but I know TMP doesn't have control over that. The limiter should be faster (or removed) outside of California due to the increased speed limits. Additionally, the 55mph limits for the cities don't exactly follow the city limits. Sometimes the limiter will toggle on and off many times driving straight through a city.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New poster, I don't really care.

Can the devs remove that awful speed limiter off of ATSMP (or at least the US server)? Having that activate while driving through a city on a FREEWAY where posted speed limits are 65MPH not 55MPH.  It's maddeningly annoying to have my speed limited on ATS because of trolls on ETS2, who, by the way, are non existent on ATS and have this thing activate multiple times through at city. Yes, you'll get the occasional dumb ass on the road, but they are generally a non issue. On ETS2MP then, yes, I agree there should be a speed limiter. there's no reason to have this at all. It's completely pointless and stupid, since everybody (most of them are professional drivers anyways) follows the rules and uses the posted speed limits on ATSMP.

Here's a suggestion: Make the speed limiter on ATSMP limit people to 80MPH/130KPH maximum (Posted speed limits in Nevada).

You wonder why there are never any people on the ETS2 US server? Because of your stupid nonsensical speed limit.

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2018 at 5:21 AM, GodofDarkness said:

-1 I am not participating in a fiction.Fikrine katılmıyorum. Because it's a simulation game so everything has to be adapted to real life:truestory::check:

Then like real life if you speed you get a fine!

I think removing the speed limiter on ATS is a great idea. The amount of people that play on the servers are small, and the map is lots of long open roads.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:50 AM, Andreea RO said:

Without limitation of the speed is not that realistic tho..

That's why there's posted speed limits?? Do you follow posted speed limits in your country? Obviously some people are incapable of driving at all on ETS2MP and lack the intellectual capacity to do so. We don't have this problem at all on ATS.

I don't need a server limiting my truck to i.e 55 Mph from 80Mph in Nevada or wherever EVERY SINGLE time I enter and reenter a city.

You know a problem exists when bunch of people start throwing arguments & theories at each other over things the actual developers figured long ago during the first map drafts.

Matter of fact: folks don't value the fun in simulators, like most of you arguing about speed. Why would you mess with the speed, that is balanced across both games. No difference between singleplayer and multiplayer, the latter being a poor try to resemble the first. Dare I say. :D

• Haha 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

the funny thing is, the speed limiter for non city highways is set to 100 mph, and 55 for in city highways. which is higher then the ETS global limiters for both city and highway. and what I posted earlier in this topic if they can move the city limits limiter off of the highways that go near cities such as highway that passes through elko then I would be all for it. but I believe that will be more work then it would be worth so we can just live with the speed limits on the short stretches   of highway that goes through the cities.

I bought ATS a few weeks ago and just started playing it in MP and I discovered that It's really dead in MP and not many people play it, I was pretty happy when I met people on the server where were only 100 players as the map is not small there.
I thought speed limit will be 150km/h there as in ETS2MP, but as I see It's 160km/h so I don't see any reason to remove the speed limit. That's -1 from me.

I play ATSMP everyday and it is quite annoying having restrictions on the freeways, especially those bypassing the cities. When you want to play realistically, you go from 65mph or whatever the actual speed limit is, to being stuck at 55mph.

I’m fine with keeping the restrictions within the cities, but the freeways really shouldn’t be restricted imo. Also, there’s some restriction zones that are nowhere near cities on certain freeways.

If there’s a way to exclude the freeways from the restrictions while keeping the city speed restriction zones, I am definitely for this suggestion.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree 100 percent.  Remove the limiters , I've been playing this game many hours I drive fast and never wreck people. That's what your f5 is for people! If you want to drive the speed limit that's your prerogative. This  was a fun game interacting with people from around the world. Unfortunately like Nascar   you are ruining the game with your speed limiters and bs rules.  How about limiting the rookies speed limit and let  the higher rankers roll on. I have always bought the DLC  Now I'm thinking about giving up this game because a lot of people are not showing up on your servers.