Should SCS make an Australian Truck game ?

SpeedyTMP

Should SCS make Aussie game ?   

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should ScS make an Australian Trucking game like the TV programme Outback Truckers ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/06/2018 at 3:59 AM, Andreea RO said:

I would like some more details about this. Are there different trucks?

There are lots of different trucks, depending on the situation,. REALLY heavy hauling, like moving an entire school (yes, it's been done) refrigerated containers, etc for normal hauling. Titan, Kenworth, Isuzu, Scania, among other. The Kenworth K200 is supposedly good for heavy hauling, and I'm sure there are plenty that like the Scania.

It's always a Happy Day at Happy Days Trucking

Location Location Location.jpg

Australia is a great/big country and there are many places to travel.Why not? There is make no reason not to.honestly,I believe it will be a nice game.

On 17.6.2018 at 2:05 AM, Anriandor said:

I can relate to the fact that SCS Software should rather continue and finish working on American and Euro Truck Simulator.

Read Quote #4. https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Gerald_Weinberg

A system (such as software is), is never finished

On 10.5.2018 at 8:02 PM, Robcb said:

One thing they did wrong was dividing the Truck Simulator series in multiple parts

[...]

and it could've also been more easier to develop the game for them since they would've had to work only in one the files of one and not both.

[...]

Plus, if they'll decide to expand further in the future, how are they going to include Canada, Russia, Australia, South America, CHINA?

not really a mistake, but rather an attempt to get attention from customers in North America rather than rebranding the "old" ETS2 game

It would not really have made the process easier since 99%* warning this is just some number taken out of nowhere of the code is basicly the same.

Indeed, it would have been somewhat easier to just "add" the American sectors, models and definitions to ETS2, but they chose a different approach.

BUT more stuff added into a single game would mean that more testing is required and also crossscripting the defs (like adding American trucks into the European Part of the game) would make the game less realsitic. However, you can still do this with mods which invalidates the previous argument. 

They will be able to include Canada, Russia etc. due to the technical design of the map.

The map is split into so called sectors (each being around 2x2 kms in size - with the 1:18 scale the map is created in, this makes it a projection of a 36x36 km real world part)

And each sector can be designed by a single person and it can be added anywhere on the map. So if you want to add Canada, you just endup adding mpre secotrs in north.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Interesting, the votes are totally even. I believe if they made an Australian Truck Simulator it would be pretty identical to ATS, with the addition of roadtrains which we already have to some degree.

Yes, i saw from some youtuber outback tours and i love Tasmania area! I would love to see 1.31 updated Australia Tasmania

Hell yes they should make a Australian truck sim!

I would be pretty cool driving across almost endless deserts and driving in cities like Melbourne etc. 

Also there would be plenty of variety in trucks as im pretty sure in Australia they have anything from Scania's to Kenworth's.

And road trains would be awesome!

On 24/04/2018 at 11:44 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It would be awesome, trucking in Australia (from what I've seen in TV documentaries) is a complete different thing when compared to Europe or the USA. But... They have a lot of work with new updates and features to be implemented in ETS2 and above that, ATS is still in its early stages, so I'd bet that they'll be focusing in the current games rather than developing a new one (unless they hire a whole new team for it).

Australian trucking is WAY different from trucking in America or Europe. You have to worry about heavy flooding, uneven roads, and do the roads even exist now? sometimes the dirt roads get washed away by floods so badly they have to be rebuilt. The scenery would also be a lot different. Eucalyptus trees, as well as other types of trees, kangaroo warning signs where there is significant danger of hitting them (for some reason, Kangaroos don't look both ways when crossing roads! LOL). Plenty of destinations, and what Americans and Europeans would consider strange names for our country towns. Adding new problems like flooding possibility or just muddy roads where you can get bogged down would be a challenge, scenery could also add koalas on trees, kangaroos in paddocks, sheep, cattle crossing, etc. And if Texans think they have a big state, where everything is big, including the cattle ranches, well they have NOT seen ours. Texan cattle ranches are like sandboxes for little kids compares to ours. The SECOND largest cattle property in Australia is 60% the size of Belgium! We have all the types of trucks in both ATS and ETS in Australia, and it would be great to build a mixed fleet of them. You would have to get used to driving on the left, with steering wheel on the right.

It's always a Happy Day at Happy Days Trucking

Location Location Location.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived