Should SCS make an Australian Truck game ?

SpeedyTMP

Should SCS make Aussie game ?   

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should ScS make an Australian Trucking game like the TV programme Outback Truckers ?

It does not pay to make another title, and SCS has a lot on its head, because it has two games and a lot of work for such a studio. There are maps with modifications, so it's not worth creating another title, in which probably even * less * people will be playing than today in the American Truck Simulator.

gyhpuYu.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of making an entirely new game, just add the elements of it to ATS, it needs more trucks, more interesting terrain, so why not focus on that? Only thing that will happen with making another Truck Sim is that ETS2 and ATS will suffer. And all 3 games will not be to a high standard which we are used to.

Kind Regards,

Ollie

xMbPhG7.png

One thing they did wrong was dividing the Truck Simulator series in multiple parts. Considerating the fact that I think that an unique game including America and Europe could've had more success than it actually had, it would've made the TruckersMP community servers even more full and bigger since everyone would have played in "one" server (since now the servers are divided between the two games), and it could've also been more easier to develop the game for them since they would've had to work only in one the files of one and not both.

Maybe they did it to earn more money? That's pretty OK, we all know they deserve to earn some profit from their work, but they could've earned MUCH more if they did one game but with multiple DLCs, as the community would've probably been more attached to one single game than to two different games.

Plus, if they'll decide to expand further in the future, how are they going to include Canada, Russia, Australia, South America, CHINA?

Anyway this was only my thought, in the end what is done is done.

12 hours ago, Robcb said:

One thing they did wrong was dividing the Truck Simulator series in multiple parts. Considerating the fact that I think that an unique game including America and Europe could've had more success than it actually had, it would've made the TruckersMP community servers even more full and bigger since everyone would have played in "one" server (since now the servers are divided between the two games), and it could've also been more easier to develop the game for them since they would've had to work only in one the files of one and not both.

Maybe they did it to earn more money? That's pretty OK, we all know they deserve to earn some profit from their work, but they could've earned MUCH more if they did one game but with multiple DLCs, as the community would've probably been more attached to one single game than to two different games.

Plus, if they'll decide to expand further in the future, how are they going to include Canada, Russia, Australia, South America, CHINA?

Anyway this was only my thought, in the end what is done is done.

A crossover game would be awesome! And I think World of Trucks was/is the first step towards that. My dream is some time in the (far) future as a sequel to ETS 2, ATS and whatever other games they have out at the time, they'll release a game called World of Trucks or something similar, which would be just what you described - everything in massive game.

...maybe. Who knows. I can dream :)

I agree with some people which is they do have a lot on there hands with ETS and ATS but a australian one is a good idea but will take alot of work from them. Maybe they might think about it after developing ats. 

I'd really like to see an australian truck simulator, but, as we can see on the example of ats, this game will be less populared then ets2 or maybe even less populared then ats. 

At that point mentioned, I'd more like to see new map dlc's and scs are doing some great work, as you can see on the example of the "Beyond the Baltic Sea" DLC.

Also I'd like to see some more ats map expensions instead of a new truck simulator. 

To be fair, an Australian Truck Simulator would only be fascinating if you want to do deliveries on the east coast because there is a more dense concentration of urban areas, driving through the plain barren areas of the centre and the west becomes boring soon enough due to the long distances having to be covered, and there won't be enough of a player base as a result unless the map is ridiculously scaled down. Speaking of scaling the map down, you also have to consider the state of Tasmania because it is a small island, and we don't want a Hobart - Launceston link where journey times take about seven minutes and a Launceston - Devonport link taking four minutes with very little scenery to look out onto along the way. There's no fun to be had in AUTS's Tasmania unlike in real life. 

To sum things up, the game will quickly get boring for most (except for really hardened long-distance drivers) so IMO there is very little reason to do an AUTS game. 

• 2 weeks later...

At the current rate we're getting updates for both ETS2 and ATS, if SCS were to make an Australian Truck Sim it'd more than likely give them so much workload that ETS and ATS will probably be starved of updates (especially seeing as the ATS map is yet to cover a quarter of the USA). To me, putting the workforce that would be put into making AuTS into creating more states for ATS would be a better logical decision in my opinion. I'd love to see an Australian truck simulator, but not by SCS.

• 2 weeks later...

An Australian truck Sim would be great. New hazards like mud, heavy hauling, Road trains, East Coast trucking, and ferries from and to Tasmania to complete jobs from mainland Australia (which is what's done here in real life). West coast (Western Australia also need trucks to get products like food, tech, machinery, and countless other stuff from one city to another. Trucks go constantly from east to west, north to south, routes like Perth to Adelaide, or even Sydney, melbourne, and many other town and cities like Wagga Wagga, Gold Coast, Darwin, Maroochydore, Bega and many others. There are no lack of destinations in Australia.

It's always a Happy Day at Happy Days Trucking

Location Location Location.jpg

Hey,

Having read through some of the concerns people have mentioned, I can relate to the fact that SCS Software should rather continue and finish working on American and Euro Truck Simulator. However, the idea itself is not a bad one. Australia is big enough and there are certainly many interesting roads to discover.

You have mentioned the "Outback Truckers" - I am actually impressed that this is a thing in other countries, too. As many episodes show, people are alone on roads which are thousands of miles long. There are thunderstorms and sometimes the rain makes certain roads inaccessible. There are also narrow roads through buses or wide highways. The variety could not be any bigger.

Nevertheless, I am not entirely certain whether I would get used to driving on the wrong left side of the road.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Community Manager

Archived