Should SCS make an Australian Truck game ?

SpeedyTMP

Should SCS make Aussie game ?   

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should ScS make an Australian Trucking game like the TV programme Outback Truckers ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SpeedyTMP changed the title to Should SCS make an Australian Truck game ?

Yeah why not, I never thought about it :o. But what I would like it's that one day they make a bus simulator omg i'm sure it will be awesome, like all their games B)

Possibly, however since ATS isn't as popular as ETS2, they probably expect the Australian Truck Simulator to be even less popular. However, it would be nice to have for the Australian members in the community.

Personally I don't really like ATS. When it released, I bought the game on Steam, played for like 2 hours and never played again. Just no interest in American Trucks.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Not happend

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

It would be awesome, trucking in Australia (from what I've seen in TV documentaries) is a complete different thing when compared to Europe or the USA. But... They have a lot of work with new updates and features to be implemented in ETS2 and above that, ATS is still in its early stages, so I'd bet that they'll be focusing in the current games rather than developing a new one (unless they hire a whole new team for it).

I think this is a great idea. However with so much staff already working so hard on ATS and ETS2 I doubt they can spare the staff to develop a whole new game. Also we run into the issue of licensing again, the same issue that is keeping ATS from getting more trucks. If I remember right Australia uses a lot of American brand trucks that have already shown they do not want any part of SCS

I think that at the moment SCS have more than enough on there plate. What with the rest of America to map and all. When time does come though SCS will probably go where there fans are and to me it seemes the next big place is China.

I'd rather SCS Software continue to focus their time on ETS2 and ATS. Starting brand new development of another game would take a lot of time, and would slow down the release of new DLC's, updates for existing ETS2/ATS. As mentioned, ATS has still got a long way to go, and is still in early stages compared to ETS2. I'd prefer for a few more map updates, DLC's and such on both games before they start thinking about brand new game developments.

However, the culture of Australian Trucking would be something that, in my opinion, would work well in a simulator and would attract a whole new player-base to the community. Australia would be a nice addition to SCS' games, but is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

In my opinion, i think SCS shouldn't make another truck game at least not now, as they still haven't "finished" ATS really.  Them making another game would be too much in my opinion and i feel like they wouldn't spend as much time on ETS and ATS. I would like them to make their more realistic before they get on the topic of another game. I do think though that a Australian Truck Sim would be pretty nice though! It could work but keeping them active would be hard as they would have to bring out new DLC's etc for all three.

As much as I would absolutely love to do a convoy in Australia, I reckon of all of the countries in the world to make a trucksim game at SCS's scale, Australia is one of the worst.

We're all really spread out here. The east cost would be okay, but as you go further inland everything becomes more sparse. Unless SCS made all the tiny towns the same size as cities in their other games, you'd be driving for hundreds of kilometres with literally nothing in between.

Hello, Australia is a big country. For SCS, I think they will not consider it for the time being, and ATS is still in the development stage.

Archived