Discord Rich Presence Integration

El1teZombiezHD

Suggestion Name: 

Discord Rich Presence Integration

Suggestion Description: 

Integrate the TruckersMP Clients into Discord using their Rich Presence SDK so that it can be shown on users profiles when they are playing on the servers. 

The information included could be:

• Which server the user is on
  • Their TruckersMP Name
  • Their InGame ID
  • Their Location on the Map
  • What job they are currently doing
  • What they are currently driving
  • A link to "Join Game" (similar to the old ets2mp:// protocols)

This could be done for both games (ATS & ETS2) and are made individually so that it shows the user either playing "American Truck Simulator: Multiplayer" or "Euro Truck Simulator 2: Multiplayer".

There could also be an integration for the TruckersMP Launcher, but as this is used for 10 seconds, it wouldn't really be necessary. 

For the "Join Game" feature, approval from Discord is needed and i'm not sure if this would be able to be done as this is a Mod and not a new Game.

Any example images: 

eVn0uBY.png

sF4R6Wq.png

Why should it be added?:

I believe this should be added as it will add more integration from the game to Discord, this will allow other users to see what other people are doing and to be able to quickly join the game on the server as the selected player (if this is possible). The feature will also be able to determine that a user is playing Multiplayer instead of the Singleplayer game so other users can see if their friends are playing Multiplayer and they can join them or they are being boring and lonely on Promods Singleplayer ;)

Discord Documentation:

https://discordapp.com/rich-presence

https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/rich-presence/how-to

• Upvote 8

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Since that is a very good and well thought-through suggestion, I will move it to "TruckersMP Services" as it concerns Discord. Thank you for your effort creating this topic.

I like the idea, you have to argue with with Discord for the "Join the game" feature.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

1 hour ago, Anriandor said:

Since that is a very good and well thought-through suggestion, I will move it to "TruckersMP Services" as it concerns Discord. Thank you for your effort creating this topic.

Are you saying my suggestions are not well thought through? :P 

1 hour ago, Nathan said:

As much as I like this idea, not everyone uses Discord and I do not believe it will get implemented within the client.

There are quite a lot of users on the public Discord and I think that this will increase integration which is something tha TMP aims to do. As I agree this will most likely not get implemented, it’s a good idea and consideration for PMs and Devs.

• True Story 1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

^ I’m not sure, I think it’s either 3/4 lines but I think this would be stated in the Dev Documentation.

But this information will probably change per screen / menu. Eg: “Looking for a Job in the Freight Market” or “Currently Driving to Calais from Duisburg with 10t of Frozen Food on EU#2”

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

Hi,

A group of Discord users already developed it, it's just out of beta stage and a lot of features will come soon.

We are really open to receive suggestions.

Take a look here: https://github.com/VirtualTruckerRPC/Virtual-Trucker-Rich-Presence

We created a pretty straightforward installer to easily install it without particular dev knowledge.

disclaimer: i'm a dev in this project

(It's the same @Nathan linked but repo URL has changed)

• Like 1

Trucky - The Virtual Trucker Companion app

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

Mobile App, In-Game Overlay, Dispatcher, Automatic Recording on collision, In-Game Radio streaming, Discord Rich Presence Integration

Download Trucky on your mobile device - Install Trucky for Windows - Trucky Website

Very nice @dowmeister I have seen this before however my suggestion is to have this feature already fully functional in the games code instead of an third-party external application 

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

1 hour ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

Very nice @dowmeister I have seen this before however my suggestion is to have this feature already fully functional in the games code instead of an third-party external application 

What about "ets2mp://" it's still valid? How it works? Would be nice to add to our Rich Presence

Trucky - The Virtual Trucker Companion app

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

Mobile App, In-Game Overlay, Dispatcher, Automatic Recording on collision, In-Game Radio streaming, Discord Rich Presence Integration

Download Trucky on your mobile device - Install Trucky for Windows - Trucky Website

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.