Make Ghost Players Appear Slightly Transparent

-TJ-

Hello, this is one of my suggestions. I hope you can take this into consideration. (I understand there are many other priorities)

Suggestion Name: Make Ghost Players Appear Slightly Transparent

Suggestion Description: When a player spawns in, their vehicle goes into ghost mode. I think their vehicle should go 60-70% transparent. As their ghost mode time comes to an end, the vehicle gradually becomes more clear.

Any example images: (Excuse my photo editing, you get the point)

8apxgcU.jpg

Why should it be added?: A few times I have seen a vehicle spawn in front of me, and I can't tell if it is ghosted or not. If the vehicle is slightly transparent, then I know it is safe for me to continue through them, whereas if it is a fully clear vehicle, I would naturally try to avoid them and I could cause another accident.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 11

This ghost mode indicator can easily be abused by trolls to cause mayhem by driving specifically to these vehicles and position their vehicle at the same spot of the vehicle in ghost mode and just wait until it ends.
I think it is more safe to give the impression that no vehicle is in ghost mode, so that all drivers keep practising mutual consideration at all times.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/04/2018 at 7:02 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

This ghost mode indicator can easily be abused by trolls to cause mayhem by driving specifically to these vehicles and position their vehicle at the same spot of the vehicle in ghost mode and just wait until it ends.
I think it is more safe to give the impression that no vehicle is in ghost mode, so that all drivers keep practising mutual consideration at all times.

Actually, it would make it less useful for trolls because then people can see who is or isn’t in ghost mode. Primarily, the current full truck makes it hard to define where the edges of no Collide zones are and thus causes clipping and glitching to occur. 

Yes, in a civilised world where everyone has the same common goal, getting people to learn mutual consideration is perfect and the current system works for that, but that’s not the current world, because it’s so easy to get repaired, because there’s no physical consequence that really does damage to the perpetrator, the current system works in the favour of the troll and against average joe, at least with a defined ghost “texture” when someone is in ghost mode will work the opposite. 

Until TMP has its own economy, license system and other such real world needs, trolls don’t have much to worry about, the average joe is the one who gets screwed. 

As for this idea, it’s 99% perfect for the situation, the only thing I would add is either a colour code for name tags for those in and out of ghost or a big bold marker in the persons tag stating that they are in ghost mode.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...