About new 1.31 random events

Glөbetrөtter

4 minutes ago, Artical DAN said:

Aren;t those part of the map itself and not random spawning like 1.3.1? I wasn't aware you can turn those off either

Some things are a part of the map itself, but not many. If you turn your random events slider all the way down, nothing that isn't specifically on the map 24/7 shows up, like break downs and police pulling people over and coned off sections of road for construction.

7 minutes ago, MishaStardust said:

Some things are a part of the map itself, but not many. If you turn your random events slider all the way down, nothing that isn't specifically on the map 24/7 shows up, like break downs and police pulling people over and coned off sections of road for construction.

I don't even have a slider like that :blink:

Hello;

Random events cannot be added to Multiplayer mode.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

1 minute ago, AdaBey said:

Hello;

Random events cannot be added to Multiplayer mode.

Well, they can be added, but it would be unfair and confusing for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Eagl223 said:

Well, they can be added, but it would be unfair and confusing for everyone.

True, but it would be nice. İdeal for now.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing last forever.

41 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

They were added in ATSMP...

For multiplayer? If so, I did not know that.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Support of the Year 2018

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing last forever.

@AdaBey When the "Random events" update was released, it was not as a DLC that had to be studied and included in the MP mod, it was just a new feature in the base game, so it went directly into MP. It showed some issues, like: in SP, the player would see a detour caused by a plane crash, with police, firefighters, etc. In MP, the same event would show the event only partially. Next and most important issue was the lack of synchronization: One player would be driving and see the detour, the player going on the side or behind would see nothing, so the first one's maneuver could be shocking for the second one. Players seeing one of those random events would see other players driving through them like nothing. Because in those other players' screens, there was nothing on the road. This is, I guess, why people are worried now about the synchronization of those events in MP when they come into ETS2, there are a lot more people playing ETS2MP than ATSMP and there are places (Calais and Duisburg area, to be more precise) where such events, if not synchronized, would cause even more chaotic situations than we have now. The problem I see is that they are controlled client-side (at least in ATS), so players have a slider to adjust the frequency of the events or to disable them completely. Since the events  are not "created" by the servers, but by each player's client, I don't see how they can be synchronized. It's the same as with the weather, braking intensity, trailer stability...

Dear @FernandoCR [ESP];

Thanks for the explanation. What I'm talking about is "Synchronized problem".

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Support of the Year 2018

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing last forever.

5 hours ago, Betjon said:

It should be possible to synchronize those events for every Player...

Players can set the probability of the events. It is like rain, so balancing it for everyone would be beyond impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived