How do you change Gears? Manual or Auto?

SuperMouse

So I want to know how do you guys gear and drive your trucks?

For example I use sequential mode and use the paddles on my wheel to change gears as I'm not a fan of the automatic gear.

Do you go full manual with a gear stick for the G27/9 or full auto where the brake pedal is the reverse mode?

Also, which gearbox do you normally go for, as in how many gears do you normally put in your truck?

I hate putting 16 in and normally go for the 12 option

Do you use a clutch?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just use the keyboard + mouse. In general I use 6 gears.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

I am fan of both Automatic and Manual Gear Transmissions. i will select the type of speed Gear based on trailer.
in ETS2: for Heavy cargo Trailer i choose 12 or 14 Speed gears use automatic transmission and for Normal cargo i choose 6 Speed gear use manual transmission.
in ATS: for Heavy cargo Trailer i choose 18 Speed gears use automatic transmission and for Normal cargo i choose 7 Speed gear use manual transmission.
i always choose automatic for heavy cargo Trailer reason so hard to change speed gears manually every time :D

UxiKSFa.png

I use a PS4 controller in game. I have the touch pad button set to change between sequential shift and automatic. Usually I leave my vehicle in auto, but sometimes it shifts stupid and when that happens, I'll change to sequential shift and force it to stay in a gear longer or shift to a better gear.

Basically it's like driving an automated manual found in most modern trucks. I like it. :) 

Realistic adaptive automatic + toggle to switch to sequential

I wanted to have my right hand free for mouse look. In addition, I figured it's basically what all modern trucks have IRL anyway, at least in Europe. And for the US it's just a matter of time.

In every truck I have 12 gears automatic transmission with retarder. Sometimes I switch gear manual one higher when I want do drive with less fuel consumption.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:45 PM, SuperMouse said:

So I want to know how do you guys gear and drive your trucks?

For example I use sequential mode and use the paddles on my wheel to change gears as I'm not a fan of the automatic gear.

Do you go full manual with a gear stick for the G27/9 or full auto where the brake pedal is the reverse mode?

Also, which gearbox do you normally go for, as in how many gears do you normally put in your truck?

I hate putting 16 in and normally go for the 12 option

Do you use a clutch?

I use a 6 speed gearbox in my scania, and a 16 speed iveco trans in my mercedes.

i use semi-automatic in the mercedes but the scania i use keyboard with clutch(using UCR to bind keyboard keys as an axis) sometimes

Archived