DLC issue (not piracy)

Tangle

Question

So I just played MP the other day, and I had absolutely no issues doing all I wanted to, I would like to make that clear first. As you can see on my profile, I own both games, and since I was able to play fine, it's obvious I own the DLC I use. The problem here isn't with my account, but with someone I share the game with. When she logged on, she got that "you are using DLC you don't own" message, or however it goes. I get that it's for piracy prevention, and that I understand completely. I know you guys don't support sharing the game itself between accounts, which is why I bought her both games as well, so she could validate them on this website, and the World of Trucks site as well. Obviously she wants to be able to play with her own account, with her own friends, and we don't wanna use each other's names for things. However, because the long list of DLC is vastly expensive, and I've bought all of it already, we decided that I'd share the DLC with her, since only one of use plays at a time and it wouldn't make sense to pay twice for it. Using the Steam support site, she removed the ETS2 and ATS packages from her account so the games and DLC would be shared from mine like normal. Any time she needs to validate the games, she goes back on there and re-activates them for however long is needed, then disables them again.

My problem is that this latest update has made her unable to play, even though she owns both games, and I own all the DLC. After spending so long playing on her own account, it'd be impossible to just let her play on mine, and in addition, we haven't pirated anything or done anything wrong. There has to be some way to fix this without forcing me to pay the massive amount for the DLC all over again.

Below is proof that I own all the DLC, and that she has it all shared to her. Please don't make me pay twice for the DLC, I already did that for the games.unknown.png

unknown.png

7 answers to this question

Hello :) 

Please log in the account and enter the Settings section https://truckersmp.com/profile/settings and enter Linked Games / DLC then click Check DLC button and wait.

Before doing this, delete all DLCs from the game files, then remove the tics from all DLCs in the library and add the tics again. This was resolved in this way.

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

@Tangle May i ask how you have accomplished to share the DLCs with the other account? Have you used Family Sharing for that, or did you do it another way? Because Family Sharing is not supported with TMP and as much as i can understand your situation, i am not sure if there's gonna be a solution for both of you to play with all the DLCs on both accounts without the need to purchase any new addons...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Just now, [ST-E] T.Rucker said:

@Tangle May i ask how you have accomplished to share the DLCs with the other account? Have you used Family Sharing for that, or did you do it another way? Because Family Sharing is not supported with TMP and as much as i can understand your situation, i am not sure if there's gonna be a solution for both of you to play with all the DLCs on both accounts without the need to purchase any new addons...

That is precisely what I did, and honestly I can understand not allowing it for the base games themselves, what with all the old days of trolls just using alts and such. Doing the same check for DLC though seems a bit overkill, especially when you know everyone who plays already owns the game. I'd like there to be some workaround that allows for me to properly share the DLCs without removing the anti-piracy benefits the DLC check system has. If there was some way to link two TruckersMP accounts and say "this one is sharing DLC with the other" that'd be great, and would save me a lot of money.

As already mentioned before, i can totally understand your point there. But unfortunately we don't have any influence on the features of TMP. Our developers have added the current game and DLC check for a good reason and it doesn't look like they are going to be changed. So as harsh as it may sound, i am afraid that the owner of the other account has to play without DLCs for now until you are able to purchase them (and to be fair: the most important DLCs can be purchased for very little money if you wait for the next Steam-Sale or if you try to search on G2A.com for them.). As long as you have the Family Sharing active i am afraid that it won't work for the friend of yours...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

On 2018-04-21 at 12:49 PM, [ST-E] T.Rucker said:

As already mentioned before, i can totally understand your point there. But unfortunately we don't have any influence on the features of TMP. Our developers have added the current game and DLC check for a good reason and it doesn't look like they are going to be changed. So as harsh as it may sound, i am afraid that the owner of the other account has to play without DLCs for now until you are able to purchase them (and to be fair: the most important DLCs can be purchased for very little money if you wait for the next Steam-Sale or if you try to search on G2A.com for them.). As long as you have the Family Sharing active i am afraid that it won't work for the friend of yours...

Like what He said.

Family Share does not work and  Share with other freinds does not work with TruckersMP :)

Best Regards

Total EDM 

Support Team