play with some dlc you have not purchased

THEREALDETONATOR

Question

hello, i have one question for the truckersmp developer team. why you blocked people who have some dlcs that is not purchased from plaiyng online if truckersmp is a mod and your aren't the developers of the game?

some people (thats my case) and probably of the most people in my situation have a few dlcs that is not purchased yet because is too much money and we need to purchase it slowly (yes i want to purchase the dlcs, because i don't like piracy) but if like in my case people are using some dlcs when waiting to buy it its not piracy because they go buy it!

and with your block to play with not purchased dlcs that people can´t use your long hours save anymore to play online until buy the dlcs. please unblock at least one server for this people. i expect you understand this situation and go make this because this doesn't affect the other players experience and still requeries a purchased copy of the the game on steam wich is a god thing!

12 answers to this question

Steam Family Share cannot be used with MP. It simply doesn't work. Also, I'd like to recommend you don't post multiple times at once, like that. Write everything you need to post in a single post. If you have already posted something and want to add more text, simply edit the latest post to add more stuff instead of creating a new post. Additionally, there is nothing keeping you from using your same save file without DLCs. If your issue are garages purchased in DLC territory that would otherwise not exist without said DLC, then all you gotta do is sell away these garages and trucks they may contain.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

The TruckersMP platform mimics that of the original game, there are only a few differences but in the SP program you cannot use DLCs you do not own so why should you be able to do that in MP? Pardon me if I misunderstand your post but it sounds like youre upset because you cant use DLC that you DONT have? TO me that makes 0 sense anyways. Thats like asking Assetto Corsa MP to allow you to drive a DLC car that you dont have. 

• True Story 1

Truckers MP does not support any form of piracy, at all and never will. Do so would result in serious legal troubles for us as piracy is illegal. Not to mention that it would breach several of SCS Software's rights. If you cannot afford a certain DLC now, then save up some money, add the DLC to your wishlist on Steam and buy it when it's on sale like everyone else or ask a friend of family member to buy it for you. They don't even cost that much and painjob packs are really cheap.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

1 minute ago, Mike Dragon said:

Truckers MP does not support any form of piracy, at all and never will. Do so would result in legal troubles for us as piracy is illegal. Not to mention that it would breach several of SCS Software's rights. If you cannot afford a certain DLC now, then save up some money, add the DLC to your wishlist on Steam and buy it when it's on sale like everyone else. They don't even cost that much and painjob packs are really cheap.

Or buy them in bundles where they are discounted EVEN MORE. or wait for weekend or season sales

ok, alright, so apart of stupid copyright things that i have no asked because i know, what I can do to have my save back until don´t buy the dlcs? (the only dlc i'm talking its the italy expansion, because i have the others) there is any form to edit my old long hour multiplayer save to play without that dlc until buy it? (I don't play multiplayer again with other save until i get my save back). please help, edit the save to get it back (I think edit save to load without the dlc its not piracy).

On 21/04/2018 at 3:22 AM, MrBrandman said:

The TruckersMP platform mimics that of the original game, there are only a few differences but in the SP program you cannot use DLCs you do not own so why should you be able to do that in MP? Pardon me if I misunderstand your post but it sounds like youre upset because you cant use DLC that you DONT have? TO me that makes 0 sense anyways. Thats like asking Assetto Corsa MP to allow you to drive a DLC car that you dont have. 

Like I said through family sharing on steam yes i can use the dlcs in the sp program, so if scs allow that on sp program why you not allow that on mp?

Honestly your best solution would be to just buy the DLCs yourself. That way you still have them and are MP compatible on your game. This way we do not have ANY of the issues that are being discussed here. Ik thats a lot of money so if you have to then pick ad and choose what your more important ones are and get those. Then plan and save up to buy others and keep doing that until you get what you want.

On a slightly side note, I think a Summer Sale is coming up here soon on steam which should help you out and look at bundles, even if you only apply for one or two things you still get a nice discount. For example, I just got the steering wheel dlc for ATS, and I found a pack that I already had everything in except the Steering wheel. But because the pack was about 20% off i ended up getting 20% off that one DLC.

I got this solved the friend that's shared the dlc with me (yes, is only one dlc the italy expansion that i don't have bought before, i have all the others map and cargo expansions bought), that friend found in an online store that dlc for only 7.95€, so i bought it today and now i have my save back. thanks and sorry for too much posts at the same time, and for my bad english(I´m portuguese).