Lags

Shadii.

Question

Hi, I would like to ask you for help in my problem, that for some time when I switched to Windows 10 suddenly became lags * not systemic * Internet rather only in my computer, especially in games ((Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator * TruckersMP *)).

I'm generally about ping = lag, that once I have 48ms and then 56ms, and sometimes I get 500ms for 10 seconds and so it's like a bee around a flower just like I look at other players it does not even look like I had 50ms just like I had at least 100ms as I was driving a convoy that * supposedly * I had 50ms, and in me players were flying after half a kilometer like ((Angry Birds - TruckersMP)): P.

I do not know what is the problem, because I do not even have ideas.

And if someone would like to know what my network card is, then I have Atheros AR9285

gyhpuYu.png

5 answers to this question

Hello @[EKARD] Shadii [PL/ENG]

You may be having a connection problem, here are some things you can try to resolve the issue.

1. Try turning your router off for 1 minute and then turning it back on and see if you still have connection problems
2. Try clearing your DNS cache, follow this link for the guide https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache
3. Try changing your DNS to Google's one and see if that has any effect https://www.techworm.net/2016/08/change-default-dns-google-dns-fast-internet-speeds.html
4. Try re-setting your win-sock cache 

step 1: click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter (run cmd as an admin, right click run as admin)
step 2: once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter
step 3: type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter
step 4: restart your computer

Reset your network adapter, firewall and DHCP.

This page will guide you through what you need to do and explains for different Windows operating systems as you scroll down.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653

You type 

netsh int ip reset reset.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh advfirewall reset 

into a command prompt window

Hello @[EKARD] Shadii [PL/ENG].Follow these guides.

Solution 1

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 2

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Also try to reinstall TruckersMP.

Go to '%programdata%' and delete the folder 'TruckersMP'. After that uninstall TruckersMP and download the MOD again: https://truckersmp.com/download -> Launch the installer as admin

Solution 3

> Update your graphic card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile,delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correct in directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods.Also too many mods can cause your game to crash.You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

> If it didn't work,don't hesitate send support ticket https://support.truckersmp.com/

Edited by Nizam Logistics SkortiL
  • Confused 1

Sincerely,

SkortiL [TR] 

Create a Support Ticket / TruckersMP Rules / Feedback / Guides / Meet the Team

Hai,

what's your Internet speed? LAN or Wireless? More Information please.

Edit: looks like you're playing with a wireless connection. This is very likely due to your wireless and not your ISP, although that is not 100%. First thing always to try is a ethernet cable just to test. Wireless is the absolute worst option for games.

kind regards

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Dear @[EKARD] Shadii [PL/ENG], it seems like you have already selected a best answer. Did the post which is selected as best answer really solve your issue, or do you still need any further help? Please keep in mind that you should only mark best answers if a reply solved your problem, as this means that the thread can be locked thanks to that answer. In order to prevent this topic getting locked too early while you are still facing your initial problem, please don't mark posts as a best answer if they didn't solve the problem. So please let us know if you still need help or if you've been able to find a solution. Thank you.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel