Wheel detected in MP but not in SP

archieab

Question

Hello there,

I was recently playing ETS2 with my wheel, a Speedlink Drift O.Z, with some friends from school and everything worked flawlessly. They've recently gone on holiday so I thought I'd play some SP. As to my surprise, my wheel wasn't detected in SP yet MP detected it fine. I've tried reinstalling the game but no change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Archie

11 answers to this question

Hello :)

You can manually set the subtype of controller - cheaper steering wheels can be detected as a gamepad due to their design. Go to Options, click "Controls", then select list named "Controller subtype" and select "Wheel" - this will change the way the game handles the controller's axes. Explanation of each option:

"Wheel" - used only with a steering wheel, technically any steering wheel is supported.

"Gamepad, joystick" - used only if you're using a gamepad, for example: Logitech F310

IMPORTANT: don't bind any axis to "Turn left" or Turn right" controls or else you'll have serious issues with driving. Also don't ever think about pressing A or D(default controls) while driving. Those binds are digital so it'll instantly snap into minimum and maximum possible value.

10 minutes ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

You can manually set the subtype of controller - cheaper steering wheels can be detected as a gamepad due to their design. Go to Options, click "Controls", then select list named "Controller subtype" and select "Wheel" - this will change the way the game handles the controller's axes. Explanation of each option:

"Wheel" - used only with a steering wheel, technically any steering wheel is supported.

"Gamepad, joystick" - used only if you're using a gamepad, for example: Logitech F310

IMPORTANT: don't bind any axis to "Turn left" or Turn right" controls or else you'll have serious issues with driving. Also don't ever think about pressing A or D(default controls) while driving. Those binds are digital so it'll instantly snap into minimum and maximum possible value.

Thanks for the response. I have tried that method before but it didn't seem to work. Why does my wheel get detected differently between SP and MP?

Hello;

Have you tried setting up the launcher again?

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

• Have you checked if the drivers need updating? You should have to download the drivers of the steering wheel to make it work
  • Check the steering system requirements, if it does not meet the system requirements, when you wear your steering wheel, it will throw you out of the game with an error.
  • You simply need to go to the Driver Settings that comes on the CD-ROM, and disable Force Feedback there.

I'm not sure what causes it, but that seems to fix it.

And I want to ask. Your problem is about Wheel or Steering Wheel ?

18 minutes ago, archieab said:

detected differently between SP and MP?

Hello @archieab,

This issue is definitely a new one to me, but I think I know how to fix it.

41 minutes ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

detected as a gamepad due to their design

As @[ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said your wheel could have been detected like a controller not only in the game, but on steam too. Try going into steam big picture mode, go to settings, gamepad settings and untick Generic Gamepad configuration support. Also MAKE SURE that you have the latest drivers installed, that is really important.

You can probably find this article helpful:

On 18/04/2018 at 5:54 PM, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

• Have you checked if the drivers need updating? You should have to download the drivers of the steering wheel to make it work
  • Check the steering system requirements, if it does not meet the system requirements, when you wear your steering wheel, it will throw you out of the game with an error.
  • You simply need to go to the Driver Settings that comes on the CD-ROM, and disable Force Feedback there.

I'm not sure what causes it, but that seems to fix it.

And I want to ask. Your problem is about Wheel or Steering Wheel ?

The drivers are the latest drivers.

I presume the steering system requirements are fine, as they work fine on multiplayer.

Driver settings on the CD-ROM? Where?

It's a steering wheel. What other wheels can you get?

On 18/04/2018 at 6:03 PM, Eagl223 said:

Hello @archieab,

This issue is definitely a new one to me, but I think I know how to fix it.

As @[ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said your wheel could have been detected like a controller not only in the game, but on steam too. Try going into steam big picture mode, go to settings, gamepad settings and untick Generic Gamepad configuration support. Also MAKE SURE that you have the latest drivers installed, that is really important.

You can probably find this article helpful:

It was already unticked for me. I'm certain that I have the latest drivers. That article doesn't cover anything with my wheel, as it is specifically for Logitech products.