Multiplayer Lags

[BG] Rado

Question

Hello, everyone! Well... from about 3 weeks I have problems with playing in the mp mod. My game lags when someone appears next to me and I am wondering what to do. I tried to reduce the graphic to the lowest and despite that I gain soo much fps I still spot lagging...I usually play on Ultra and gain about 60-80 fps on first camera. But when it lags it drops down from 60 to 25 and a second later it goes back to 60....I have very good internet speed which hasnt changed and worked perfectly from a long time and this problem didnt appear because of my internet speed or from my PC. I think its something different or maybe I am wrong. well soo to dont recieve questions about my PC and Internet speed I will give you some info about them.

PC:

Intel Pentium G3260 1150 3.3GHz

Nvidia GTX 1050Ti

8GB RAM 

2TB HDD

500 PS

Internet speed from the last test which I made moments ago:

16 ping

78.47 download speed

39.15 upload speed.

I havent changed nothing... This problem just occocured when I started the 3 weeks ago with no reason and I dont know what to do. Each help is appreciated. Thank you!

21 answers to this question

Hello @[ConSecGroup-EMT] RadoBG.Follow these guides.

Solution 1

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 2

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Also try to reinstall TruckersMP.

Go to '%programdata%' and delete the folder 'TruckersMP'. After that uninstall TruckersMP and download the MOD again: https://truckersmp.com/download -> Launch the installer as admin

Solution 3

> Update your graphic card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile,delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correct in directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods.Also too many mods can cause your game to crash.You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

> If it didn't work,don't hesitate send support ticket https://support.truckersmp.com/

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Sincerely,

SkortiL [TR] 

Create a Support Ticket / TruckersMP Rules / Feedback / Guides / Meet the Team

Hi, i will advice you to check for unwanted software/malware. Check your processes in Task Manager and see if anything eat your CPU. Scan with Malwarebytes and delete all malware if you have any. It can be too from JobLogger if any is installed, try to delete it. If this lags are from loading 20-30 peoples in high populating areas, that is normal i think.

Поздрави, Боби :)

• Thanks 1

rxpl4t-6.png.74d0bdf6b3661495631c6804adc82df2.png

Dear @[ConSecGroup-EMT] RadoBG, something you could try as well is to disable the cabin accessories and Window Flags as well as reduce the development logging in TMP (you can do this in the in-game menu which can be accessed via pressing the tab key). Since you wrote that you experience those lag spikes every time someone gets close to you, it could as well be some missing DLCs that the majority of the other players have (like tuning packs, paintjobs,...). Keep in mind that TMP has to replace missing items on other player's trucks from DLCs that you don't own, by objects from the base game. This can cause in these little lag spikes. Please don't get this post wrong though, i don't want to say that you should purchase all of the available DLCs, but just keep this in mind. If you have the console enabled for ETS 2/ATS, you could actually check it by opening the console after a player got close to you. If your game had to replace any parts of the other truck, it will be displayed there.

• Thanks 1

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Hey @[ConSecGroup-EMT] RadoBG,

I will try and make it simple:

This problem is usually because of GPU or RAM load, so before playing try to close all browser windows and close any CPU intensive programs. 

2) Make sure your components don`t overheat. This can be dangerous to your pc.

3) If the problem only occurs when someone is spawned in near you then it`s probably just the server not loading fast enough.

4) Check for unwanted malware or adware with your antivirus soft.

Could you please tell me if the problem occurs just for 1 - 2  seconds when someone actually spawns in or is within 1 km of you? How frequent are the lags? We need all the little details to help)

I hope i helped you,

Kind regards

Eagl

Hai,

i had the exact same issue. My Fps dropped from 130 to 60-70 whenever someone appeared. Your HDD might be the problem.

Try this:

-Delete your profile and create a new one. (Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles)

-Defrag your HDD

-Turn VSync on

-Set Draw Distance & Smoothing distance to the minimum (Both under Tab>General/Graphics)

-Get an SSD! i had ETS installed on my HDD before and the difference is huge!

kind regards

• Thanks 1

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

22 hours ago, Eagl223 said:

Hey @[ConSecGroup-EMT] RadoBG,

I will try and make it simple:

This problem is usually because of GPU or RAM load, so before playing try to close all browser windows and close any CPU intensive programs. 

2) Make sure your components don`t overheat. This can be dangerous to your pc.

3) If the problem only occurs when someone is spawned in near you then it`s probably just the server not loading fast enough.

4) Check for unwanted malware or adware with your antivirus soft.

Could you please tell me if the problem occurs just for 1 - 2  seconds when someone actually spawns in or is within 1 km of you? How frequent are the lags? We need all the little details to help)

I hope i helped you,

Kind regards

Eagl

Hey mate! The lags ussually happen when the player is about 100-200 meters far away than me. And yes it happens for 1 second and then it returns to normal

17 minutes ago, [ConSecGroup-EMT] RadoBG said:

Hey mate! The lags ussually happen when the player is about 100-200 meters far away than me. And yes it happens for 1 second and then it returns to normal

Hello again.

Your computer probably has problems loading people.

You should lower your settings a bit and see if it affects it. Drop the draw distance too.

Any other thing I can think of is you should probably troubleshoot the hard drive and delete any malware(use MalwareBytes). 

Hello everyone! i tried your suggestions and I no one of them didnt actually work :( So I think that the problems comes from the server(maybe), loading the missing dlcs with base ones or HDD. I will think about buying new SSD which may help me to fix the problem. But I think we should keep this topic a bit more so if someone wants to add something.

22 minutes ago, Eagl223 said:

Hello again.

Your computer probably has problems loading people.

You should lower your settings a bit and see if it affects it. Drop the draw distance too.

Any other thing I can think of is you should probably troubleshoot the hard drive and delete any malware(use MalwareBytes). 

I deleted all malwares. I droped down the graphic settings but still no fix. I will try to dropw down the draw distance too and to see if this will be long waited fix.

Dear @[ConSecGroup-EMT] RadoBG, if your problem isn't solved yet then it is no problem to keep the thread open. Just remember: Only set a best answer if your problem is solved thanks to that answer, as otherwise this could lead to the thread getting closed too quickly while the issue isn't actually resolved yet. I have unset the previously best answer for now... ;)

• Thanks 1

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

18 hours ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

Hello :)

Have you tested speed up your internet ? 

Here: http://www.speedtest.net/fr

And have you tried to increase your FPS while playing game ?

Here some topics for you can do it

Hey mate! I realised that the problem does not come from the game because in SP I keep permanent fps from 60-120. Soo I think that you should give some other suggestions (if you have ones of course). I dont have high ping.