What do you think of prebuilt computers?

Hey everyone, tell me what do you think about pre built computers. Those can be everything from an iMac to some insane 10000$ GameKiller9000.  Also feel free to share your opinion on laptops, and anything related.

Cheers)

Just now, littlefoot_22 said:

Well, I don't have experience with desktops with games,  however this Asus laptop 2.4 processor runs well on ATS ams ets2 ams Cities:Skylines. I also feel like it just all depends on one's budget 

Oh, you like laptop gaming? Tell me more about your system

It is unnecessarily expensive, and the parts used are often absurd. As laptops, I recommend laptops of famous brands. For examle: MSI Gaming Laptop.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Always cheaper to build your own but can be tedious if you're not as tech-savvy. There's nothing wrong with prebuilt systems it's just commercially you'll get ripped off by companies trying to make huge gross profit margins. I've always built my own so I get the components for the best possible price.

I wouldnt recommend laptops for gaming. I exclusively use mine for on-the-go work or free time browsing. I prefer to have a high-end PC to come home to and play my favourite games rather than suffer on an over priced "gaming" laptop built for mid spec games.

For my specs click here. (see infobox)

I built my own computer and to be honest it really isn't that hard.

The nice thing about building your own computer is you can completely customise the specification yourself depending on your needs.

If your thinking about building one then this is the best website for checking all the parts are compatible: 

https://pcpartpicker.com/

Hope this helped.

My PC Specs which work very nicely on ETS and for editing videos:

Processor: Intel Core i5 6500
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Storage: 128GB Toshiba SSD, 2TB Tosiba HDD
Fans: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition High AirflowFan
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 100R

1 minute ago, CIM Mememaster said:

I built my own computer and to be honest it really isn't that hard.

Yes, I did too. I am just starting a thread to communicate

Prebuild systems aren't necessarily bad, however if you intend to use them for gaming you will need to spend some time to compare them and check their specs.

Personally I prefer to assemble a custom build (chosen by yourself or with the help of your local pc store), this will be better fitted to your needs. In most stores they offer the possibility to build it for you if you don't want to do it yourself.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

By the way, I want to pick up an Apple Macbook pro 13 inch no touchbar version for work. I do translations and occasional photoshop, do you think it will suit my needs? If not, what would you buy if you were me? 

1 minute ago, Prime said:

Prebuild systems aren't necessarily bad, however if you intend to use them for gaming you will need to spend some time to compare them and check their specs.

Personally I prefer to assemble a custom build (chosen by yourself or with the help of your local pc store), this will be better fitted to your needs. In most stores they offer the possibility to build it for you if you don't want to do it yourself.

Welcome, mister manager dude

Just now, Rev. said:

@Eagl223 I'm unsure where you got that ideology from. It's definitely enough.

I am really struggling with 16 gigs, personally, and I have specs waaay worse than yours. I didn`t want to say that it`s bad, i wasnt being negative. Just my opinion

3 minutes ago, Rev. said:

£300+ for no reason that's your call.

Yea, you`re right, but not for no reason. Different people do different things)

They are stable, warranty service is very good, normally they are maded for working long time in offices, banks, etc.  Most models are not builted for overclocking and gaming. Minuses - If your motherboard is faulty after 4-5 years of using, chance of buying SAME one second hand is very low. Some PSU's are not standard, with other sockets for ATX power and the their dimensions aren't same with standard PSU's. But even with this disadvantages, this computers are good choice if you want something stable. I use Lenovo ThinkCentre M90 in home, working 24/7, i use it for browsing and gaming of course. I use this computer from 2 years and it's second hand, not new. Uptime going up to 90 days, because we have electricity cuts sometimes.

rxpl4t-6.png.74d0bdf6b3661495631c6804adc82df2.png

For basic stuff and using photoshop you're now better off buying a windows system. Mac is nowadays only a better choice if you're using specialized music editing software.

Adobe used to build Photoshop with intended use on Mac, but after Apple got into a dispute with multiple of their suppliers Adobe stopped building with Mac in mind and focus on Windows (with only a ported version for Mac which doesn't run as good). As for the part on Apple systems, you'll be cheaper off buying the same parts and putting them in a pc and theyll run even better because of Mac only running on passive cooling and other reasons.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

The general rule is it's cheaper (and more rewarding) to build a PC yourself, but thanks to inflated GPU prices, depending on where you are in the world it might actually be cheaper to buy a prebuilt.

As for desktops vs laptops - laptops will always be more expensive for the same amount of power, but if you wanna game on the go they're pretty much the only option.

I've always prefered self-built computers. But sure it's easier to buy a pre built one. On the other hand, it's also more expensive. 

I've never been a huge fan of laptops. :P

I used to have one before and it gave a pretty laggy experience. :lol:

never bought a pre built started with a laptop for that black hawk down games years ago then mate taught me how to build pcs and have built prob 20+ pcs since then for me and friends,built one about 6 months ago for a friend who had a 2 grand budget which which nice to pick all the top parts including custom water cooling loop etc didn't want to hand it over when finish is was gorgeous tho :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived