damage from nowhere

carolinafrog

Game: ATS MP

Mod Version:  1.30
Controllers Used: g13/m570
Description of Issue:  random damage
How to reproduce:  drove south on us 491 from farmington NM to gallup NM to pickup i40 westbound, as soon as i got into gallup, every other block i get a notice of "trailer damage 0%" and my tractor is picking up 2%... im driving the streets!! look at my driving record!! damage when i drive is very rare! and picking up even more gpoing down i17 thru phoenix AZ!!! please wth is going on??
Screenshots / VideostjnYNh7.jpg

Since the recent update i have recently had lots of issues with getting damage from seemingly invisible walls, barriers etc, i have browsed around and on many cases there way be walls or such nearby but not close enough to cause any damage, i have had damage from driving through fuel stations in some situations where the fuel station roof is skimming the trailer load.

i have had some cases where i have clipped off barriers despite not being close enough to them.

some toll booths where despite there clearly being space i seem to get stuck and unable to move without causing damage to truck and or trailer and in some cases getting shocking amounts of damage for as mentioned not actually touching anything or in very few cases barely skimming something.

please look into this issue

Had been happening a lot recently to me and trucking group, most recently 2 or 3 of us in Yuma at repair garage.

Engines off parked talking on discord, we all get truck damage at 1-2% randomly up until about 50%.

Have brought up tab menu to see nearby, now not trying to blame people but clearly have seen damage go up randomly while someone is in range, nobody around we NEVER get random damage, ONLY around other players.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Random damage on trailer is a weird bug with ets 2. I think they messed up with the hitboxes or something. I think it's the best to report this on SCS's forums

Game: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Mod Version: current plus 3 previous versions.
Controllers Used: DS4
Description of Issue: Don’t know if these are linked but occasionally in certain towns ( Malmo is one) I get ‘trailer damage 0%’ flashing up every 2 seconds. More of a distraction than anything else. Then yesterday same thing happened and when I looked my truck had gone from 0 to 42% damaged. It then started stalling and the usual ‘headlights or get kicked etc’. There wasn’t anyone around and I didn’t hit anything.
How to reproduce: Normal driving in Malmo (and other towns)
Screenshots / Videos:none

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.